Houston police chief criticizes McConnell and Senate Republicans over guns: 'Whose side are you on?'

Good to hear somebody in law enforcement who gets it. This is the only country where law enforcement is regularly gunned down. This is a real patriot:

"I don't want to hear about how much they support law enforcement," Acevedo said. "I don't want to hear about how much they care about lives and the sanctity of lives yet, we all know in law enforcement that one of the biggest reasons that the Senate and Mitch McConnell and (Texas Sens.) John Cornyn and Ted Cruz and others are not getting into a room and having a conference committee with the House and getting the Violence Against Women's Act (passed) is because the NRA doesn't like the fact that we want to take firearms out of the hands of boyfriends that abuse their girlfriends. And who killed our sergeant? A boyfriend abusing his girlfriend. So you're either here for women and children and our daughters and our sisters and our aunts, or you're here for the (National Rifle Association)."

Houston police chief criticizes McConnell and Senate Republicans over guns: 'Whose side are you on?'
And the police have no legal obligation to come to your aid

So I am on my side because I can't trust the cops to show up if the shit hits the fan

Police Have No Duty to Protect You, Federal Court Affirms Yet Again | Ryan McMaken

The US Supreme Court has made it clear that law enforcement agencies are not required to provide protection to the citizens who are forced to pay the police for their "services."

In the cases DeShaney vs. Winnebago and Town of Castle Rock vs. Gonzales, the supreme court has ruled that police agencies are not obligated to provide protection of citizens. In other words, police are well within their rights to pick and choose when to intervene to protect the lives and property of others — even when a threat is apparent.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Good to hear somebody in law enforcement who gets it. This is the only country where law enforcement is regularly gunned down. This is a real patriot:

"I don't want to hear about how much they support law enforcement," Acevedo said. "I don't want to hear about how much they care about lives and the sanctity of lives yet, we all know in law enforcement that one of the biggest reasons that the Senate and Mitch McConnell and (Texas Sens.) John Cornyn and Ted Cruz and others are not getting into a room and having a conference committee with the House and getting the Violence Against Women's Act (passed) is because the NRA doesn't like the fact that we want to take firearms out of the hands of boyfriends that abuse their girlfriends. And who killed our sergeant? A boyfriend abusing his girlfriend. So you're either here for women and children and our daughters and our sisters and our aunts, or you're here for the (National Rifle Association)."

Sounds like another anti-gun tard parroting typical leftist talking points.

To the chief, I say sorry, but we're not going to hand our weapons over to the government, so that law enforcement is the only ones who have firearms.

The Constitutions side. Yall should try it.

He isn't a real police officer......Trump and McConnel knows more about law enforcement than that guy ever will....

Houston isn't even a real city....lots of darkies and others live there...not real Americans

Police chief blasts NRA, senators after cop's death

In a fiery press conference Monday, Houston's Police Chief lashed out at the National Rifle Association and three top Republican lawmakers - including two from his state - after the recent death of one of his officers.

too bad that jackass wasn't as passionate about his officers who killed 2 innocent people based on lies-

Agree. The Houston police chief is nothing but a corrupt POS. And he STILL covers for his corrupt cops. To this day they are free. HPD is infested with trash. Think New Orleans PD circa 1975-80. Very corrupt.

One thing the good chief said was that since the violence against women act expired folks convicted of domestic violence can buy guns now and that's why this Mexican dude shot his sergeant. Any truth to this? Far as I know, the abuser still can't buy guns.

In a fiery press conference Monday, Houston's Police Chief lashed out at the National Rifle Association and three top Republican lawmakers - including two from his state - after the recent death of one of his officers.

too bad that jackass wasn't as passionate about his officers who killed 2 innocent people based on lies-
He's just another progressive lapdog. Thank GOD I don't live there anymore.

Is what he said true? If you are convicted of domestic violence can your u buy guns now? I don't think this is the case. He alleged that because the violence against woman act expired that wife beaters can fill out a yellow paper and buy guns now and that's why this cop died.

Yeah, what a jackass. That is exactly what I thought when I saw the video. My guess is, this will cause him to lose his job in the long run, because Texas, is still Texas, and telling everyone to lose their rights to self defense in Texas, is a bit of a joke.

Yeah, what a jackass. That is exactly what I thought when I saw the video. My guess is, this will cause him to lose his job in the long run, because Texas, is still Texas, and telling everyone to lose their rights to self defense in Texas, is a bit of a joke.

It is still Texas, but that's Houston. It's corrupt as fuck. Even the republicans in this state are corrupt piles of shit.

It is still Texas, but that's Houston. It's corrupt as fuck. Even the republicans in this state are corrupt piles of shit.

Irrelevant. The people of Texas, are Texans. Saying you oppose gun rights (which is what saying it's the NRA's fault some guy shot a police officer), in Texas, is grounds for removal. Stop blaming others. Start killing criminals.

A snippet I heard on the local news said the union was a bit upset with his politicizing a death of a cop-

However, the real problem is that the killer, Arturo Solis, had a pretty extensive criminal history.

Solis has a lengthy criminal history including a charge of assault causing bodily injury.

Below are his previous charges:

• 1/8/17- Burglary of vehicle– plead guilty- sentenced to 150 days in Harris County Jail
  • 03/01/16- Evading arrest/detention– plead guilty- sentenced to 30 days in Harris County Jail
  • 9/14/16- Harassment– guilty- sentenced 60 days in Brazoria Co Jail
  • 8/11/15- Assault family member– plead guilty- sentenced to 70 days in Harris County Jail
  • 11/10/14- Criminal mischief– guilty- sentenced to 20 Days Brazoria Co Jail

Houston Police Chief Grandstands For Gun Control After Officer's Death

Irrelevant. The people of Texas, are Texans. Saying you oppose gun rights (which is what saying it's the NRA's fault some guy shot a police officer), in Texas, is grounds for removal. Stop blaming others. Start killing criminals.

Texans are nothing but fuckwits who moved here from other states. And the good Chiefs cops did kill two criminals, except for the fact the the people they shot weren't criminals and the cops are being found to be dirty. Texas is a shit hole. Dick Perry and the gimp in office sold Texas back to Mexico.

Is what he said true? If you are convicted of domestic violence can your u buy guns now? I don't think this is the case. He alleged that because the violence against woman act expired that wife beaters can fill out a yellow paper and buy guns now and that's why this cop died.
I bought a new handgun very recently and it asks have you ever been convicted of domestic violence. If yes then no gun.

Forum List

Back