House OKs Plan to Withdraw US Troops

apples and oranges.

one poll - ZOGBY - highlights the differences between overall congressional approval ratings today versus overall congressional approval ratings ten months ago.

the other polls - GALLUP, HARRIS, FOX, ABC, USA TODAY, PEW, CNN - highlight the differences between the specific approval of congressional democrats today versus congressional republicans today.

but keep running away from that. you have done it pretty much non-stop for months now....everytime a new poll gets released - whether it is Harris or Fox or ABC or CBS or Gallup or CNN or Pew... you run away for a week or so and then, after that, claim that the poll is old. it really is pretty standard RSR fare. Poll after poll after poll that asks the public to distinquish between their approval of the democrats in congress and the republicans in congress shows the same thing: democrats beat republicans.... every single time.

Seriously....go spend a little time on these two pages and then lets talk about them:

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_dem.htm

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_rep.htm

I'll wait.

I doubt that he will do it. It is clear to me, as it should be clear to everyone here, that RSR is not going to admit the obvious. Concerning approval ratings, polls show that congressional democrats have a higher approval rating than do congressional republicans. Your statements and links could not be simpler or more easily understood but I doubt that RSR will ever admit to even that statistical fact.

I doubt that he will do it. It is clear to me, as it should be clear to everyone here, that RSR is not going to admit the obvious. Concerning approval ratings, polls show that congressional democrats have a higher approval rating than do congressional republicans. Your statements and links could not be simpler or more easily understood but I doubt that RSR will ever admit to even that statistical fact.

your bogus poll shows the democrats at 64% poor performance and the republicans 76%...

Hmmmm...with the medium of the two beng 70% that would mean that according to your polling info the congress has an overall approval rating of 30%!!! Haa... you wish...

Yesterday I heard 14% approval...

Please stop with the rediculous, clearly bogus polls that mean nothing...

This democratic mojority congress has accomplished nothing...

your bogus poll shows the democrats at 64% poor performance and the republicans 76%...

Hmmmm...with the medium of the two beng 70% that would mean that according to your polling info the congress has an overall approval rating of 30%!!! Haa... you wish...

So you have two conflicting news reports. It is telling that you reject one out of hand, with no further evidence. Of course its the one that goes against your already decided pov. Peh, you are just another example of a pathetic partisan hack.

Harris is a reputable polling service. The polls say what they say.

It is as inappropriate to call the polls bogus based upon a comparison with another polling asking different questions.

If the Harris poll means nothing, then why does the poll showing a 14% approval rating mean anything?

All kidding aside....Its a July sixth poll MM.........

After that sleep-over dog and pony show they just put on..

you know their numbers are diving...

Harris is a reputable polling service. The polls say what they say.

It is as inappropriate to call the polls bogus based upon a comparison with another polling asking different questions.

If the Harris poll means nothing, then why does the poll showing a 14% approval rating mean anything?

I have no problem with the source... Its bogus because it is old and no longer accurate... alot has happened over the past two weeks, and those numbers would be a Dream today...

Congress, Republican and Democrat.... is a disaster...

Can we agree on that!

So you have two conflicting news reports. It is telling that you reject one out of hand, with no further evidence. Of course its the one that goes against your already decided pov. Peh, you are just another example of a pathetic partisan hack.

Larkinn, You are so left of center and angry, It is usually impossible to respond to your posts... but I will try:eusa_pray:

That poll is from the sixth of july... Probably taken immediatly after a firework display!

Yesterday I heard 14% on the radio...

Larkinn, You are so left of center and angry, It is usually impossible to respond to your posts... but I will try:eusa_pray:

That poll is from the sixth of july... Probably taken immediatly after a firework display!

Yesterday I heard 14% on the radio...

I'm really not that left of center. Its more that you are so incredibly right wing that anything left of O'reilly you think is a crazy liberal. Nor am I angry, although I do feel free to condemn a whole host of unappealing traits, stupidity, bigotry, etc, etc.

Polls don't become irrelevant in two weeks. And in case you forgot most fireworks are on the 4th of July, not the 6th of July.

As Reilly also pointed out, they were asking different questions so that you get different results makes some sense.

As Reilly also pointed out, they were asking different questions so that you get different results makes some sense.

Well, I assume that they were asking different questions, as each pollster will use their own methodology and the questions in all likelihood phrased differently.

Actually, looking at the Zogby poll (on the Zogby website) that everyone is talking about, I realize that it is not nearly as bad as people are saying. To the question "How would you rate Congress' Performance on the Job?" the options are Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor. While only 14% believe that Congress is doing an excellent or good job, 58% believe that Congress is doing at least a fair job, with 39% believing Congress is doing a poor job, and 3% undecided.

That is not quite the same thing as 14% approval rating.

http://www.zogby.com/features/featuredtables.dbm?ID=155

All kidding aside....Its a July sixth poll MM.........

After that sleep-over dog and pony show they just put on..

you know their numbers are diving...

I don't KNOW anything of the sort and neither do you. You are stating your opinion and passing it off as fact yet again. (what a surprise!) Let's wait until the next differential poll is released and see where the numbers are.

I would suggest that, given the fact that the country clearly does not like this idiotic war in Iraq, and given the fact that it is the obstructive republican minority in congress that is standing in the way of ending it, I would suggest that there are plenty of reasons for the public's view of congressional republicans to be in a downward death spiral ...but that is just my opinion.

I will wait until the next poll to see if there is any change...but the facts are clear: since before the last election, the public has had higher approval ratings for congressional democrats than they have for congressional republicans.

So if you want to keep harping that the public doesn't like the democrats in congress, you need to own up to the FACT that they REALLY don't like congressional republicans AT ALL!

Well, I assume that they were asking different questions, as each pollster will use their own methodology and the questions in all likelihood phrased differently.

Actually, looking at the Zogby poll (on the Zogby website) that everyone is talking about, I realize that it is not nearly as bad as people are saying. To the question "How would you rate Congress' Performance on the Job?" the options are Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor. While only 14% believe that Congress is doing an excellent or good job, 58% believe that Congress is doing at least a fair job, with 39% believing Congress is doing a poor job, and 3% undecided.

That is not quite the same thing as 14% approval rating.

http://www.zogby.com/features/featuredtables.dbm?ID=155

exactly right. but alucard, rsr and the rest of the conservative hacks are fucking dizzy from the spin they keep having to put on all of it...and they are out of breath from running away from the facts concerning the public's opinions about them and their silly war.

By contrast, the Zogby poll ratings place President Bush at:

7% Excellent
27% Good
21% Fair
45% Poor
4% uncertain

So actually, in one respect President Bush continues to poll worse than the Congress.

55% (at least fair) vs. 45 (Poor)

It all depends on how you count the "fair" numbers.

I personally find these kinds of polls, so distant from an election, to be meaningless.

http://www.zogby.com/features/featuredtables.dbm?ID=42

I don't KNOW anything of the sort and neither do you. You are stating your opinion and passing it off as fact yet again. (what a surprise!) Let's wait until the next differential poll is released and see where the numbers are.

That sounds fair

I would suggest that, given the fact that the country clearly does not like this idiotic war in Iraq, and given the fact that it is the obstructive republican minority in congress that is standing in the way of ending it, I would suggest that there are plenty of reasons for the public's view of congressional republicans to be in a downward death spiral ...but that is just my opinion.

Opinion for sure... You see MM you twist Retreat into Ending the war.. Americans are sick of the war, and they do want it to end... But they dont want to retreat.. And most americans see the truth that once again the Democrats are not supporting the troops and the effort as they agreed to...
They agreed to give the surge a chance to work and wait for the Generals report in September...

But now, as usual, the democrats went back on thier word...

I will wait until the next poll to see if there is any change...but the facts are clear: since before the last election, the public has had higher approval ratings for congressional democrats than they have for congressional republicans.!

The facts are clear... since the election the democratic majority congresses approval ratings are in a free fall ...and deservedly so.

So if you want to keep harping that the public doesn't like the democrats in congress, you need to own up to the FACT that they REALLY don't like congressional republicans AT ALL!

Especially the republican turncoats from MAINE

Opinion for sure... You see MM you twist Retreat into Ending the war.. Americans are sick of the war, and they do want it to end... But they dont want to retreat..

in fact, most americans were supportive of the democrat's fudning bill that called for withdrawal deadlines. YOu can keep using the word retreat and surrender til hell freezes over, but those words really only resonate with the koolaid soaked neocon faithful. The rest of us are ready to let the Iraqis figure out how to settle their own differences and let OUR military get on with the business of fighting islamic extremism

The facts are clear... since the election the democratic majority congresses approval ratings are in a free fall ...and deservedly so.

again... the approval ratings for congress are for congress as a whole - nearly exactly split 50/50 down party lines. Americans wanted some progress on ending this war and they are damned dissatisfied that they haven't seen any. Do you honestly think that the public - having seen what the absence of veto proof majorities has done to stalemate progress on ending the Iraq debacle- will be inclined to elect MORE republicans to stalemate it even further?

Especially the republican turncoats from MAINE

oddly enough, Susan Collins and Oly Snowe enjoy some of the highest approval ratings of any US senators. I never vote for 'em, but if you gotta have two republicans represent your state, having two who are moderate, pro-choice, intelligent women is not such a terrible thing

That's a lie, they have accomplished something! Wasting a shitload of tax payers money!

and please...do you really think that America does not understand who the roadblocks were and are to accomplishing that change?

:rofl:

I think half of America sees it one way, and the other half sees it another...

Thats why we hate each other... isnt it?

Forum List

Back