House OKs Plan to Withdraw US Troops

That is how libs want to fight terrorism - appeasement and holding hands

can you even follow a simple discussion? The discussion went as follows:

I suggested that sunnis and shiites were bound to fight one another whenever we left....Alucard suggested that a common enemy (AQ? us?) would keep them together. I asked if he felt that, after the common enemy had been defeated, if this mythical spirit of cooperation between sects of islam which he envisioned would continue.

and to that, you toss out another one of your patently, off point irrelevant one liners attacking "libs". :::yawn:::

Another example of Dem support for the troops

Fuck the pay raise for the troops - we just lost a vote in the Senate

all this is is a series of one liner insults for you, isn't it? you really are incapable of carrying on a discussion. Why do you run away from the fact that the majority of America supported and continues to support the democrat's plans to fund the troops with troop withdrawal schedules?

can you even follow a simple discussion? The discussion went as follows:

I suggested that sunnis and shiites were bound to fight one another whenever we left....Alucard suggested that a common enemy (AQ? us?) would keep them together. I asked if he felt that, after the common enemy had been defeated, if this mythical spirit of cooperation between sects of islam which he envisioned would continue.

and to that, you toss out another one of your patently, off point irrelevant one liners attacking "libs". :::yawn:::

I'm sure Al Qaeda, hamas, or maybe the hezbos will be more than happy to provide advice to the Dems on how to fight terrorism

Dems have listened to them for the last 5 years

Yes the dumbocrats do want to surrender. Listen to Senator Reid, and Pilosi. They should both surrender their Senate Seats thats the only thing they need to serrender period. We need to kick the liberals out of office.

You had your chance. It is called an election, and you lost.

You had your chance. It is called an election, and you lost.

I volunteer for every candidate i believe in and trust me there has ever only been 1 dumbocrat I have voted for. But I cant help that you dumbocrats dont want to work and support spending all of your tax dollars on supporting and giving welfare to illegals. Oh and giving them all citizenship right??

I volunteer for every candidate i believe in and trust me there has ever only been 1 dumbocrat I have voted for. But I cant help that you dumbocrats dont want to work and support spending all of your tax dollars on supporting and giving welfare to illegals. Oh and giving them all citizenship right??

What the hell are you talking about? To your comment that the democrats should be kicked out of office, I was just bringing you up to date on the last election (perhaps you had missed it). Don't call me names dickhead (catch the irony). I don't know you, and you don't know me.

and how can you say one side of your scenario is "certain" but the other is not?

The fact is, you have an OPINION as to what MIGHT happen in Iraq if we allow Iraqis to settle their own differences.

Who gives a shit? You have an opinion and youi try to pawn it off as a certainty?

Your opinion, in my opinion, smells as bad as your asshole surely must.

Its not opinion... An opinion would be ones personal view, attitude, or appraisal of the situation.

This is not my personal assessment of the situation, these are the conclusions of our Generals in the field...

How dare you not show our military (you claim to support)that you have confidence in thier decision making..

And I must admit I also find it very alarming you that you would be thinking about smelling my asshole mid discussion... Does you wife know about these urges?

Its not opinion... An opinion would be ones personal view, attitude, or appraisal of the situation.

This is not my personal assessment of the situation, these are the conclusions of our Generals in the field...

How dare you not show our military (you claim to support)that you have confidence in thier decision making..

And I must admit I also find it very alarming you that you would be thinking about smelling my asshole mid discussion... Does you wife know about these urges?

Still an opinion. It relates to hypothesis of future outcomes. How is that not an opinion, regardless of who gave it?

What the hell are you talking about? To your comment that the democrats should be kicked out of office, I was just bringing you up to date on the last election (perhaps you had missed it). Don't call me names dickhead (catch the irony). I don't know you, and you don't know me.

So I wan't calling you any names per se. Just a generalism about democrats

Still an opinion. It relates to hypothesis of future outcomes. How is that not an opinion, regardless of who gave it?

MM claimed it was MY opinion...

Your a typical lib... Harry Ahole Reid gives his opinion that the war is lost and is it factual gospel... The commanders in the feild give thier assesment of what the results of withdraw would be and it is seen as bunk opinion by liberal scum.

MM claimed it was MY opinion...

Your a typical lib... Harry Ahole Reid gives his opinion that the war is lost and is it factual gospel... The commanders in the feild give thier assesment of what the results of withdraw would be and it is seen as bunk opinion by liberal scum.

Are you crazy, or stupid, or heavily medicated?

I didn't mention Harry Reid or my opinion of him. I didn't even mention my opinion of the commanders. I just pointed out that an opinion is an opinion no matter who gives it, and as such, shouldn't be quoted as the "factual gospel."

By the way, you did say it was "not opinion."

I personally think we are there for a good cause as do a lot of my friend who have been there. Also If we pull out now then when there is a civil war and AQ takes over Iraq then we will have to just go in again and lose more american soldiers. No pulling out is not an option. We are the strongest most badass military in the world and we have never backed down from a fight. The only tyhing these idiots need to withdrawl is their jobs. They need to resign and say hey I am an idiot.

Yes the dumbocrats do want to surrender. Listen to Senator Reid, and Pilosi. They should both surrender their Senate Seats thats the only thing they need to serrender period. We need to kick the liberals out of office.

Dems must surrender in Iraq. They have put their political future in the failure of the US in Iraq.

Dems made alot of promised to get elected - and they broken all of them

Which explains their falling poll numbers

I personally think we are there for a good cause as do a lot of my friend who have been there. Also If we pull out now then when there is a civil war and AQ takes over Iraq then we will have to just go in again and lose more american soldiers. No pulling out is not an option. We are the strongest most badass military in the world and we have never backed down from a fight. The only tyhing these idiots need to withdrawl is their jobs. They need to resign and say hey I am an idiot.

A Democratic wimp-out
Cal Thomas
July 20, 2007

Senate Democrats, who announced an all-nighter Tuesday to reiterate their antiwar positions, packed it in shortly before midnight, surrendering to a greater desire for a few hours sleep. Only a handful of stalwart senators kept the Senate — technically — in session. We know Senate Democrats don't have the staying power to win the war in Iraq, but can't they even make it through the night without some shuteye?

"Harry, sweetheart," said Sen. Barbara Boxer of California, who led a group of Democrats in pleading with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for a delay in voting, "5:30 or 6?" Mr. Reid complied and senators abandoned the chamber so fast you would have thought it was on fire. This was not a demonstration of the strength needed to strike fear in the hearts of those who can tough it out in caves while plotting new ways to destroy us.

Eliza Doolittle could have "danced all night," but the prospect of staying awake all night was too much for the aging bodies and weakened spirits of most senators. Having surrendered to the loony left and sent signals to our enemies that they are no longer in the fight to win it, most went to sleep.

One never hears Democrats speaking of victory, only retreat. They have embraced defeat, unwilling to wait for the "new strategy" they had demanded to work. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, Texas Republican, noted that the surge of 30,000 American troops is in its infancy and in fact has just been completed in the last two weeks "and yet we're pulling the rug out from under the new plan. ... We cannot be the greatest country on Earth and say, 'don't trust us if you're our ally and don't fear us if you're our enemy.' And that's exactly what we would be doing if we leave Iraq because Congress sets a deadline, regardless of what's happening on the ground in Iraq."

Democrats are fond of saying the United States should be fighting al Qaeda, but not in Iraq, and that if we pull out, or pull back, we will have more resources to fight terrorists. This is like saying we should not have fought the Japanese in World War II in order to devote more resources to defeating Adolf Hitler. There were some who argued that way and others who, before 1939, said Hitler was not a threat to America and that we should stay out of a European war.

Since the American Revolution, there have always been naysayers, doubters, fellow travelers and willing or duped enablers of America's enemies. There have been politicians, academics, clergy and journalists who claimed U.S. foreign policy, whether promoted by a Democratic or Republican president, was the wrong policy and a different one should be tried. Abraham Lincoln and Franklin Roosevelt had strong opposition to their conduct of the Civil War and World War II. Harry Truman left office with record low approval ratings. Those presidents eventually won favor from historians and most Americans because they stuck to their guns — figuratively and literally — and were proved right.

No one can predict whether the policy in Iraq and against terrorism by the Bush-Cheney administration will similarly be proven correct. We may not know until both men are long gone from politics and possibly many years after they have left this Earth. This is a world war unlike any we have ever fought, and it cannot be fought like we fought other wars.

The latest National Intelligence Estimate concludes al Qaeda is continuing to focus on high-profile political, economic and infrastructure targets in America for the purpose of causing mass casualties, visually dramatic destruction, economic aftershocks and fear. Democrats argue that Iraq has emboldened them and served as a recruiting tool. But American troops were not in Iraq on September 11, 2001, or in 1993 when the World Trade Center was first hit. Numerous other attacks against American forces and interests occurred before the Iraq War. Al Qaeda needs no excuse for recruiting and killing Americans.

for the complete article
http://washingtontimes.com/article/20070720/COMMENTARY09/107200021/1012/commentary

Forum List

Back