Mother Says Baby's Recurring 'Bye Bye, Plane' Comment Got Them Kicked Off Airplane

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289119,00.html

Mother Says Baby's Recurring 'Bye Bye, Plane' Comment Got Them Kicked Off Airplane
Thursday , July 12, 2007
ATLANTA —

The mother of a 19-month-old boy says she and her son were kicked off a plane after she refused a stewardess' request to medicate her son to keep him from talking.

Kate Penland, who lives in Gwinnett County in suburban Atlanta, said she and her son, Garren, had boarded the Continental Express plane last month after an 11-hour delay in Houston on an Atlanta-Oklahoma flight.

Garren kept saying, "Bye bye, plane," Penland recalled. And she said the stewardess objected.

"At the end of her speech, she leaned over the gentleman beside me and said, 'It's not funny anymore. You need to shut your baby up,"' Penland told WSB-TV in Atlanta.

When Penland asked the woman if she was kidding, she said the stewardess replied, "You know, it's called baby Benadryl."

"And I said, 'Well, I'm not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight,"' Penland told the TV station.

Penland said other passengers began speaking up on her behalf, and the flight attendant announced they were turning around and that Penland and Garren were going to be taken off the plane.

"I was crying, I was upset and I was thinking, 'What am I going to do? I don't have anything with me, I don't have anymore diapers for the baby, no juice, no milk," Penland said.

The young mother said she later learned the flight attendant told the pilot that she had threatened her. Penland said that never happened.

Express Jet Airlines released a statement saying, "We received Ms. Penland's letter expressing her concerns and intend to investigate its contents." Express Jet did not immediately return a call Thursday from The Associated Press.

A fellow passenger told WSB none of the other passengers had problems with Garren and that Penland never threatened the flight attendant.

This is an outrageous example of how sick our society has become in recent years. When a stupid bitch talks to a mother in this manner simply because her child is being a child and talking while on an airplane and then the bastard of a pilot turns the plane around and inconveniences so many people simply because a bitch of a flight attendant could not handle a talking child shows just how much freedom our society really has. Let's forget any real freedom of speech since according to this whore of a flight attendent and the bastard of a pilot, who didn't have the decency to investigate to find out what really was happening, a 19 month old child doesn't even have freedom of speech. Let us all say together: FUCK THE CHILD AND FUCK HIS MOTHER BECAUSE THE STUPID LITTLE BASTARD WILL SHUT HIS MOUTH OR THEY BOTH WILL BE FORCED OFF THE PLANE BY THE SPEECH POLICE. :eusa_naughty: This mother should do more then sue. Every passenger who was harmed as a result of the actions of this airline should sue them and hold them civily liable for their actions.

New Topics

Forum List

Back