Zone1 Hospital Fires Christian Woman Who Refused to Use Preferred Pronouns and Disagreed With Transgender Reassignment Surgery

No it doesn't. Just because people don't always want to play along with their delusions doesn't mean that we want them persecuted.
Two things got her in trouble. One was pronouns and the other a refusal to follow hospital procedures.

As to pronouns, I don't recall any scripture addressing this issue and it is common curtesy to call someone what they wish to be called. Would it be OK for her to refuse to call a Black man "Mr." if her religion said we wasn't fully human? Would she call someone who said his name was "Dick" "Richard" since she was offended by dick ?

Personally I wouldn't want a PA to make her own medical judgements that go against standard medical practice. I would not be offended if she said "as a Christian, I don't agree with this but here is what I've been told".

Two things got her in trouble. One was pronouns and the other a refusal to follow hospital procedures.

As to pronouns, I don't recall any scripture addressing this issue and it is common curtesy to call someone what they wish to be called. Would it be OK for her to refuse to call a Black man "Mr." if her religion said we wasn't fully human? Would she call someone who said his name was "Dick" "Richard" since she was offended by dick ?

Personally I wouldn't want a PA to make her own medical judgements that go against standard medical practice. I would not be offended if she said "as a Christian, I don't agree with this but here is what I've been told".

To me it's considered common courtesy not to force me to go along with the delusions of the mentally ill.

Trans people need to see a shrink

Humoring their delusions is not the answer

But the nurse is just an employee and has to conform to what the hospital wants
They do see shrinks, when will people have to see shrinks for that annoying voice in yer head you claim is a superior invisible being?

Trans people need to see a shrink

Humoring their delusions is not the answer

But the nurse is just an employee and has to conform to what the hospital wants

I personally would have resigned before they would have gotten a chance to fire me.

No, pandering to their delusions only encourages others who are teetering on the edge
I guess that is the difference between the Left and the Right, empathy vs ideology.

And thanks to libs men are wandering around in the female restrooms
I'm not sure how big an issue this really is. Except to you of course.

Plus injuring them in sports
I would let each sport decide for themselves how they handle it. If they decide to ban Trans people and can state a valid reason, then I have no problem with it.

Forum List

Back