Zone1 the day of the 3 Magi on 6 january is a holiday in germany

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
also in spain and in many other countries …

what about the us?
is it known at all?

also in spain and in many other countries …

what about the us?
is it known at all?
kings day, jan 6, also elvis' the king's birthday or elvismas.

that is the day we traditionally take down our christmas decorations and begin the carnival; season.

kings day, jan 6, also elvis' the king's birthday or elvismas.

that is the day we traditionally take down our christmas decorations and begin the carnival; season.
interesting!

a good old tradition!

rampart

and in france one eats a special cake then?

do you as well?
zebra, we , of course, eat "king cake" note the plastic baby in lower rigjht of the photo in case we continue. these things can be huge and filled with any kind of cream jelly etc. purple green and gold are the seasonal colors.

i have noticed that you are interested in these customs and mores?

1704026241619.png

zebra, we , of course, eat "king cake" note the plastic baby in lower rigjht of the photo in case we continue. these things can be huge and filled with any kind of cream jelly etc. purple green and gold are the seasonal colors.

i have noticed that you are interested in these customs and mores?

View attachment 881243
you are right!

i am very interested in those topics❗

i used to drive across the border here into france to buy these cakes

i used to drive across the border here into france to buy these cakes
beginning on king's day and each monday thereafter until mardi gras someone will bring a king cake to school or work.

each cake contains 1 plastic baby (when i was young they used pecans, shell and all, perhaps a symbol of fertility or rebirth?) whoever gets the baby provides the next weeks cake.

i've been interested in words that seen somehow anachronistic.

"sounding" was used to measure navigational depth long before audio frequencies were used for measurement.

you wrote one but i'll have to back up in the thread to find it. oh. it was me.

"king's day" was celebrated in the liturgical calendar for a thousand years before mrs presley delivered young elvis to his adoring fans.

there is a new holiday in my local---even newer than KWANZA-----MULCH DAY --citizens are
urged to bring their used christmas trees to local
centers to be shoved into chipping machines----
and get a FREE BAG OF MULCH

Forum List

Back