CDZ Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmeralda

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2013
Washington State
"Homophobic attitudes may say a lot about the person who holds them, new research suggests.

A new study of university students in Italy revealed that people who have strongly negative views of gay people also have higher levels of psychoticism and inappropriate coping mechanisms than those who are accepting of homosexuality."

full article: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

"The study is opening a new research avenue, where the real disease to study is homophobia," Jannini told Live Science.

Yes, the real disease is homophobia, not homosexuality.

"Earlier research has found homophobia to be a complex subject, with some studies suggesting that people with visceral negative reactions to gays and lesbians often harbor same-sex desires themselves."

Yes, it's like Hitler hating Jews when he is part Jew himself.

"Overall, the better the mental health of the person (based on the responses to the questionnaire), the less likely he or she was to be homophobic, the researchers found."

Not surprising at all.

The Clean Debate Zone is to be used for the clean debating of Government Policies, Candidates, Current News and Events ONLY. No personal attacks, name calling, flaming etc is allowed in this section

None of that happened. I stated my opinion.

The Clean Debate Zone is to be used for the clean debating of Government Policies, Candidates, Current News and Events ONLY. No personal attacks, name calling, flaming etc is allowed in this section
The title of your thread was a personal attack against normal straight people who don't like sodomites.

You are the one who violated the CDZ rules not me. ....... :cool:

The purpose of the CDZ is civil discourse. Name calling is not allowed. Such as calling people 'gaypers.'

Last edited:
Didn't get past the first word.

Why do people (falsely) assume that because someone isn't for ssm or doesn't understand (for lack of a better word) the homosexual lifestyle that they somehow fear and/or hate homosexuals? It is pushed that opposing viewpoints must be tolerated, we must be diverse and accepting of all especially of those who we don't see eye to eye with, and yet all I see is bashing of those who do not view homosexuality the same as you.

I'm so over all the bullshit. Not everyone views things the same. That does not make them haters or afraid, that does not make you right/them wrong or vice versa. Try practicing what you preach. Deal with it or bugger off.

The title of your thread was a personal attack against normal straight people who don't like queers.

Deal with it........ :cool:
The title comes from the article, which is not an 'attack' on anyone.

The title of your thread was a personal attack against normal straight people who don't like queers.

Bullshit. The very first word is an attack.

Why do people (falsely) assume that because someone isn't for ssm or doesn't understand (for lack of a better word) the homosexual lifestyle that they somehow fear and/or hate homosexuals? It is pushed that opposing viewpoints must be tolerated, we must be diverse and accepting of all especially of those who we don't see eye to eye with, and yet all I see is bashing of those who do not view homosexuality the same as you.

I'm so over all the bullshit. Not everyone views things the same. That does not make them haters or afraid, that does not make you right/them wrong or vice versa. Try practicing what your preach. Deal with it or bugger off.
According to the study, people's basic mental health was surveyed along with their attitude toward homosexuality. It has nothing to do with making assumptions.

You started an attack thread on "homophobes" and are surprised at backlash? Homophobe is a word made up by a gay activist, nobody fears homosexuals

"Homophobic attitudes may say a lot about the person who holds them, new research suggests.

A new study of university students in Italy revealed that people who have strongly negative views of gay people also have higher levels of psychoticism and inappropriate coping mechanisms than those who are accepting of homosexuality."

full article: Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

"The study is opening a new research avenue, where the real disease to study is homophobia," Jannini told Live Science.

Yes, the real disease is homophobia, not homosexuality.

"Earlier research has found homophobia to be a complex subject, with some studies suggesting that people with visceral negative reactions to gays and lesbians often harbor same-sex desires themselves."

Yes, it's like Hitler hating Jews when he is part Jew himself.

"Overall, the better the mental health of the person (based on the responses to the questionnaire), the less likely he or she was to be homophobic, the researchers found."

Not surprising at all.

Until I read it here, I had no idea how sexually insecure and immature some people are. Gays make up less than 5% of the population but you'd never know it. Every time I read "carpet muncher", "fudge packer" or calling someone gay, I know that person is running scared.

Republicans want more laws and more invasive laws. It has nothing at all to do with religion and everything to do with control.

The world would be a better place if we live and let live. Consenting adults = MYOB

I'm so over all the bullshit. Not everyone views things the same. That does not make them haters or afraid, that does not make you right/them wrong or vice versa. Try practicing what your preach. Deal with it or bugger off.
According to the study, people's basic mental health was surveyed along with their attitude toward homosexuality. It has nothing to do with making assumptions.

According to the first word in the article, those who do not adhere to 'all things homosexual' are afraid and/or haters of homosexuals.

Talk about making assumptions.

The term homophobic is not an attack word. It is a word that is well known and understood in modern psychology.

According to the first word in the article, those who do not adhere to 'all things homosexual' are afraid and/or haters of homosexuals.

The study did not make assumptions. Did you read the full article?

The purpose of the CDZ is civil discourse. Name calling is not allowed. Such as calling people 'gapers.'

Then don't call people homophobes.

Actually, she didn't.

The quoted article did.

The term homophobic is not an attack word. It is a word that is well known and understood in modern psychology.

More bullshit.

Homophobe is a made up word to attack anyone who does not understand (again, for lack of a better word) the homosexual lifestyle. It is used to mock/degrade/assume that those people hate and/or fear homosexuals.

Some view homosexuals as sinners. Where is the tolerance from your side of those people's beliefs?

You said you didn't get past the first word and then YOU made assumptions that were incorrect.

Its very telling that some are very threatened by a civil conversation about this. It proves the OP is correct.

The study did not make assumptions. Did you read the full article?

I'll type this slowly ... the word 'homophobe' assumes/indicates/presumes that someone is afraid of and/or hates homosexuals. That. Is. Bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back