CDZ Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll be happy to explain what my words actually meant but you need to make a little effort and post exactly what you are reading in my posts that leads you to believe I'm angry. I'm not, I've told you as much, and yet you continue to read what I write with the idea that I am angry.

Also, please quote my post(s) where you claim I'm "hating and are angry at gays".

I'll be happy to explain what my words actually meant but you need to make a little effort and post exactly what you are reading in my posts that leads you to believe I'm angry. I'm not, I've told you as much, and yet you continue to read what I write with the idea that I am angry.

Also, please quote my post(s) where you claim I'm "hating and are angry at gays".

It's great how the anti-fear people.all gang up on someone with a different point of view.

And they think you are afraid.

Now that's funny.

The terms you used violated CDZ "civil discourse" rules so I would be violating the CDZ rules if I quoted them directly.

You asked for the links and I provided them. Your use of spurious vulgarities displays anger and hostility towards gays.

My position stands.

The terms you used violated CDZ "civil discourse" rules so I would be violating the CDZ rules if I quoted them directly.

Apparently not, as they are still there.

You asked for the links and I provided them.

That is a lie. I asked you to quote exactly what you are reading in my posts that leads you to believe I'm angry, you chose to post links and not give specifics.

Your use of spurious vulgarities displays anger and hostility towards gays.

Another lie. Once again, I'm not angry, I've told you as much at least three times, and yet you continue to not only read what I write with the idea that I am angry but to ignore the fact that I am not.

My position stands.

Your incorrect position stands.

That is a lie. I asked you to quote exactly what you are reading in my posts that leads you to believe I'm angry, you chose to post links and not give specifics.

Another lie. Once again, I'm not angry, I've told you as much at least three times, and yet you continue to not only read what I write with the idea that I am angry but to ignore the fact that I am not.

My position stands.

Your posts are still there because no one reported them.

But since there is now a dispute as to what constitutes civil discourse let's allow the mods to make a ruling to see if the posted definition of CDZ Civil Discourse still stands;

upload_2015-9-19_9-7-15.png

Coyote, theDoctorisIn please review the posts below and provide a ruling as to whether or not the spurious use of vulgarities is part of what is considered to be civil discourse in the CDZ. TYIA

CDZ - Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

CDZ - Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

My position stands.

But since there is now a dispute as to what constitutes civil discourse let's allow the mods to make a ruling to see if the posted definition of CDZ Civil Discourse still stands;

View attachment 50468

Coyote, theDoctorisIn please review the posts below and provide a ruling as to whether or not the spurious use of vulgarities is part of what is considered to be civil discourse in the CDZ. TYIA

Okay by me.

Regardless of what the mods decide, that you completely ignored the rest of my post is noted.

My position stands.

View attachment 50468

Okay by me.

Regardless of what the mods decide, that you completely ignored the rest of my post is noted.

My position that your use of spurious vulgarities demonstrates anger and hostility on your part towards gays still stands. No amount of subsequent denials on your part is going to change the anger and hostility in those posts.

My position stands.

View attachment 50468

Okay by me.

My position that your use of spurious vulgarities demonstrates anger and hostility on your part towards gays still stands. No amount of subsequent denials on your part is going to change the anger and hostility in those posts.

Translation: DT believes they know better what Zoom meant than Zoom.

Once again, you are wrong.

My position stands.

View attachment 50468

Okay by me.

You are responsible for the content of your posts. If you cannot express yourself in a calm and rational manner without resorting to spurious vulgarities in the the CDZ then you are exposing your anger and hostility towards gays in this OP topic.

Adults refrain from vulgarities because they know that they are inflammatory. They refrain from accusing others of lying because that too is inflammatory.

Inflammatory rhetoric is not conducive to civil discourse which is the stated purpose of the CDZ.

Your inability to post in an adult manner and make rational posts exposed your anger and hostility. Per the OP;

Finally, the students answered questions about their coping strategies — defense mechanisms people use when they face unpleasant or scary situations. Defense mechanisms can be healthy ("mature") or unhealthy ("immature"). A mature defense, for example, might include regulating one's emotions and not depending on others for validation. Immature defense mechanisms might include impulsive actions, passive aggression or denial of a problem.​

Your posts were classic examples of immature aggression and your current denials are yet another.

View attachment 50468

Okay by me.

You are responsible for the content of your posts. If you cannot express yourself in a calm and rational manner without resorting to spurious vulgarities in the the CDZ then you are exposing your anger and hostility towards gays in this OP topic.

Adults refrain from vulgarities because they know that they are inflammatory. They refrain from accusing others of lying because that too is inflammatory.

Inflammatory rhetoric is not conducive to civil discourse which is the stated purpose of the CDZ.

Your inability to post in an adult manner and make rational posts exposed your anger and hostility. Per the OP;

Finally, the students answered questions about their coping strategies — defense mechanisms people use when they face unpleasant or scary situations. Defense mechanisms can be healthy ("mature") or unhealthy ("immature"). A mature defense, for example, might include regulating one's emotions and not depending on others for validation. Immature defense mechanisms might include impulsive actions, passive aggression or denial of a problem.​

Your posts were classic examples of immature aggression and your current denials are yet another.

"You are responsible for the content of your posts. If you cannot express yourself in a calm and rational manner without resorting to spurious vulgarities in the the CDZ then you are exposing your anger and hostility towards gays in this OP topic."

That is a lie. I never called homosexuals, homosexuality, or another poster b.s. I called the definition of and the use of the word homophobia b.s. Because it is. I also went on to show why is it. I will repost that when I have a bit more time. That YOU interpret my post to mean something other than what it does, does not make you correct.

View attachment 50468

Okay by me.

To further explain what I actually posted:

homophobia: dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

homophobia - Google Search

phobia: A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed, often being recognized as irrational.

phobia - Google Search

The definition of the word homophobia is wrong. A phobia is not merely a 'dislike of' or 'prejudice against' something. It is an irrational fear that manifests as an anxiety disorder (see above definitions). So to call someone homophobic because they hold a differing pov on homosexuality does not mean they have an irrational fear and/or anxiety disorder. That is nonsense. I called out the first word of the op as bs because it is, as I've just shown. That you believe my showing the blatant error of the definition of homophobia somehow equates to "anger and hostility towards gays", "immature aggression", "current denials" is not only incorrect, it's ridiculous.

If a discussion of homophobia is to take place, the first place to start is with the fact that the definition of the word is bunk. Just because this thread is in the CDZ does not mean that lies can not be called out for what they are. The very first word of the OP is a lie.

My position stands.

View attachment 50468

Okay by me.

And you are somehow the board pshyc

My position stands.

As incorrect as it may be, it isn't worth worrying about.

This won't be the first time someone has called a blue sky red and then yelled "I win".

View attachment 50468

Okay by me.

To further explain what I actually posted:

homophobia: dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.

homophobia - Google Search

phobia: A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed, often being recognized as irrational.

phobia - Google Search

The definition of the word homophobia is wrong. A phobia is not merely a 'dislike of' or 'prejudice against' something. It is an irrational fear that manifests as an anxiety disorder (see above definitions). So to call someone homophobic because they hold a differing pov on homosexuality does not mean they have an irrational fear and/or anxiety disorder. That is nonsense. I called out the first word of the op as bs because it is, as I've just shown. That you believe my showing the blatant error of the definition of homophobia somehow equates to "anger and hostility towards gays", "immature aggression", "current denials" is not only incorrect, it's ridiculous.

If a discussion of homophobia is to take place, the first place to start is with the fact that the definition of the word is bunk. Just because this thread is in the CDZ does not mean that lies can not be called out for what they are. The very first word of the OP is a lie.

This isn't about semantics, it's about behavior.

The OP topic clearly laid out that those who are homophobic exhibit their fear as anger, hostility and denial.

Your choice of language exhibited anger and hostility and you are still denying what you posted.

That was behavior on your part.

No amount of semantics are going to alter what you posted.

I think this thread has gone as far as possible, for a CDZ topic. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back