CDZ Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't get past the first word.

Why do people (falsely) assume that because someone isn't for ssm or doesn't understand (for lack of a better word) the homosexual lifestyle that they somehow fear and/or hate homosexuals? It is pushed that opposing viewpoints must be tolerated, we must be diverse and accepting of all especially of those who we don't see eye to eye with, and yet all I see is bashing of those who do not view homosexuality the same as you.

I'm so over all the bullshit. Not everyone views things the same. That does not make them haters or afraid, that does not make you right/them wrong or vice versa. Try practicing what your preach. Deal with it or bugger off.
According to the study, people's basic mental health was surveyed along with their attitude toward homosexuality. It has nothing to do with making assumptions.

According to the first word in the article, those who do not adhere to 'all things homosexual' are afraid and/or haters of homosexuals.

Talk about making assumptions.

You said you didn't get past the first word and then YOU made assumptions that were incorrect.

Its very telling that some are very threatened by a civil conversation about this. It proves the OP is correct.
I think that's really an important point. Those who feel very threatened by this study, so threatened they can't engage in civil discourse....that's very telling. If you are not threatened, why has this study triggered such an angry response?

Why do people (falsely) assume that because someone isn't for ssm or doesn't understand (for lack of a better word) the homosexual lifestyle that they somehow fear and/or hate homosexuals? It is pushed that opposing viewpoints must be tolerated, we must be diverse and accepting of all especially of those who we don't see eye to eye with, and yet all I see is bashing of those who do not view homosexuality the same as you.

I'm so over all the bullshit. Not everyone views things the same. That does not make them haters or afraid, that does not make you right/them wrong or vice versa. Try practicing what your preach. Deal with it or bugger off.
According to the study, people's basic mental health was surveyed along with their attitude toward homosexuality. It has nothing to do with making assumptions.

According to the first word in the article, those who do not adhere to 'all things homosexual' are afraid and/or haters of homosexuals.

You said you didn't get past the first word and then YOU made assumptions that were incorrect.

Its very telling that some are very threatened by a civil conversation about this. It proves the OP is correct.

So the use of the term 'homophobe' does NOT mean that you guys believe that anyone who does not understand (for lack of a better word) the homosexual lifestyle is either afraid and/or a hater of homosexuals? Cause that's sure how you guys mean it when you use the term.

The study did not make assumptions. Did you read the full article?

I'll type this slowly ... the word 'homophobe' assumes/indicates/presumes that someone is afraid of and/or hates homosexuals. That. Is. Bullshit.
Not according to the study, which is what you are supposed to be responding to. But, apparently, you haven't read the full article.

The Clean Debate Zone is to be used for the clean debating of Government Policies, Candidates, Current News and Events ONLY. No personal attacks, name calling, flaming etc is allowed in this section
Then I call "Foul"

The title of the thread starts with, not only, name calling but a misnomer of a name at that.

If you truly want an honest discussion, you don't start the conversation by insulting those that have a different opinion

I think that's really an important point. Those who feel very threatened by this study, so threatened they can't engage in civil discourse....that's very telling. If you are not threatened, why has this study triggered such an angry response?

Where are you getting this 'angry response' from?

Where is the tolerance of those with opposing viewpoints on this issue?

Nobody feels threatened by this study. A Google search reveals the author of the article is all over the internet on homosexuality, ten to one says she is gay and/or a gay activist.

So the use of the term 'homophobe' does NOT mean that you guys believe that anyone who does not understand (for lack of a better word) the homosexual lifestyle is either afraid and/or a hater of homosexuals? Cause that's sure how you guys mean it when you use the term.
The issue is that you don't believe you fear something that is not danger to you. The study shows that people who are uncomfortable with the idea of homosexuality do fear it and have personality disorders.

The Clean Debate Zone is to be used for the clean debating of Government Policies, Candidates, Current News and Events ONLY. No personal attacks, name calling, flaming etc is allowed in this section
Then I call "Foul"

The title of the thread starts with, not only, name calling but a misnomer of a name at that.

If you truly want an honest discussion, you don't start the conversation by insulting those that have a different opinion
Who s she insulting unless you personally identify as homophobic?

If you do not, youre not a part and parcel human to this study.

Where are you getting this 'angry response' from?

Where is the tolerance of those with opposing viewpoints on this issue?
I'm not being angry with you. I think I'd like you to read the article before giving a knee jerk response to the title.

"homophobic" is a fake word created to describe a fake "condition" people with an agenda invented to either further their fake "psychology" careers .....or for a perceived political advantage by using a negative term to describe people they disagree with..

people may not like/agree with faggotry but not many are "afraid" of it...

I don't understand homosexuality but it doesn't threaten me. Nor do I believe they should have fewer rights than I do.

Then I call "Foul"

The title of the OP is the title of the article. I didn't make up the title of the OP.

I'm not being angry with you. I think I'd like you to read the article before giving a knee jerk response to the title.

Read what I wrote ... you claim we are giving an 'angry response'. Where?

You didn't answer my second point ... Where is the tolerance from you guys of those with opposing viewpoints on this issue?

"homophobic" is a fake word created to describe a fake "condition" people with an agenda invented to either further their fake "psychology" careers .....or for a perceived political advantage by using a negative term to describe people they disagree with..

If you are not afraid of it, then what is the problem? It is no danger to you. It is something two consenting adults do in their bedroom. It doesn't do you any harm. It is fine to disagree with it, but why be so expressive and angry about it? Why not live and let live?

Its called homophobia because theres no actual rational or logical reason to be against it except fear, it seems icky, and religion.

You didn't answer my second point ... Where is the tolerance from you guys of those with opposing viewpoints on this issue?
Where is the angry response? Are you kidding? Every post.

You haven't actually expressed an opinion that is a response to the full article and description of the study. You have only posted angry responses to the title.

Oh good grief, it's something from Livescience. Pro gay and they got blasted over some "study" about the use of the words "he" and "she" and "global sexism". Worthless study from a worthless site with an obvious agenda.

I don't understand homosexuality but it doesn't threaten me. Nor do I believe they should have fewer rights than I do.

So if someone called you a homophobe due to your lack of understanding, they'd be correct? Again, because that is what you guys do when someone does not tow the line with the homosexual mantra.

Where are you getting that homosexuality it threatening others? Because they have a differing viewpoint on it? Religious people view h/s as a sin. Where is your understanding of their differing viewpoint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back