Homophobes/People against gay rights.

I know. I'm a lesbian.

Nor can a gay partner make medical decisions if one is incapacitated. A medical directive might help, but a marriage license means more.

It depends. Advanced medical directives are generally treated as contracts between a patient and the health care provider, even if the hospital doesn't sign it. Once the hospital is aware of the directive they generally follow them because not doing so opens them to law suits for assault. That will trump a marriage license any day of the week.

Thanks, but doctors may fear litigation unless they do "everything" they can. When I was in a coma my spouse was asked what should be done as to "extraordinary measures".

Last edited:
StarCraft - should have chose "AssCraft" for an ID - you buttsurfing asswipe.

Trawl for anus elsewhere - assbrain.

Isn't there a Blue Oyster Bar where you live/near your trailer?

You must be one of the homophobic who is really gay and to much of a pathetic person to accept reality.

So what if he was? Are you trying to INSULT him by calling him... A HOMO?

And here I was under the impression you SUPPORTED homos, and now you're trying to use homosexuality as an INSULT.

You just threw your thread in the toilet shit for brains. You're not interested in a rational, calm discussion about special rights for homos, you just want to shout down and demonize anyone who isn't all warm and fuzzy because you're a fucking homo.

Eat shit.

You don't know much about gays then.

LOL well, I know what the word means.

No I do not. the laws do not state anything about appealing or unappealing.

As that is the law's effect, whether it specifically states as much is irrelevant.

Nope, I do not have the right to marry someone i find sexually appealing if that person is the same sex as me. EXACTLY the same as for gays.

You are being deliberately obtuse here.

Show me where I said gay people should not be able to marry.

Good grief. Has anyone told you lately how preposterous you are? :tongue:

Meh, you just hate losing.

Using the term "homophobe" is a misnomer. "Phobia" means a fear of. Though some may fear homosexuals, most of those you call "homophobe" do not actually fear them, they are simply disgusted with the unnatural sexual practices of those who claim to be a homosexual.

Using the term "homophobe" is a misnomer. "Phobia" means a fear of. Though some may fear homosexuals, most of those you call "homophobe" do not actually fear them, they are simply disgusted with the unnatural sexual practices of those who claim to be a homosexual.

I think homophobe is still an accurate term. It doesn’t apply to everyone who is against same sex relationships - of course - but there are people out there who are genuinely afraid of gays and will do all they can to not live by them, not work with them, not sit by them, ect.

I think it comes down to an irrational aversion. Should I be afraid of a little spider? No, it really can’t hurt me but I am terrified regardless. Should I be afraid to hire a gay person? No, I know that sexual preference has no effect on what type of worker someone is, but I won’t hire that personal regardless. Irrationality is the key word here.

Last edited:
Homophobia isn't a fear of homosexuals. It's a fear of one's own homosexuality.

People who are afraid of their own "latent tendencies" tend to be the one's who express hostility toward gays.

There is another thread on this. whether or not the HATE GROUP targeting gay humans are lantent gay people themselves, it is a sick part of American society that needs to be addressed.

Homophobia isn't a fear of homosexuals. It's a fear of one's own homosexuality.

People who are afraid of their own "latent tendencies" tend to be the one's who express hostility toward gays.

There is another thread on this. whether or not the HATE GROUP targeting gay humans are lantent gay people themselves, it is a sick part of American society that needs to be addressed.

I can't really address this topic today.

Who says I object? I do not. I'm a Libertarian, I am for personal and economical liberty and adherance to the Constitution. As long as someone is not infringing on my rights, they can do as they please and God bless them.

Except the 14th Amendment, you guys have a real problem with that part of the Founding Document.

I'm only making the point that gays have no less rights than I do.

No one ever said they did – you and gays have exactly the same ‘amount’ of rights. The problem is acknowledging those rights, in this case equal access to marriage laws.

Homophobia means there is some fear. No one would seriously say that someone with coulrophobia has a secret desiire to be a clown, or there is a latent impulse to be a spider among those with arachnophobia. Connecting homophobia to some kind of latent homosexuality makes the same kind of sense. None at all.

Someone who does not accept the normalcy of homosexuality is not phobic. They don't have any fear. The term is simply not applicable. Again, the language is tormented to come to a predetermined result. A more precise term would be homorejection.

Homophobia means there is some fear. No one would seriously say that someone with coulrophobia has a secret desiire to be a clown, or there is a latent impulse to be a spider among those with arachnophobia. Connecting homophobia to some kind of latent homosexuality makes the same kind of sense. None at all.

Someone who does not accept the normalcy of homosexuality is not phobic. They don't have any fear. The term is simply not applicable. Again, the language is tormented to come to a predetermined result. A more precise term would be homorejection.

Homosexual HATE says it all.

The term homophobia all by itself is for the most part nonsense. It started with gay panic being a defense to murder. Then it became homophobia. What gay activists need to do, so they did it, is equate disapproval with hate. More than that, those who don't even disapprove of homosexualty, yet refuse to accept it as normal behavior now "hate".

Gay advocates cannot achieve their goals without torturing the language and making words mean something entirely different from what they really mean. Homophobia, which means a fear of the same sex, doesn't mean latent homosexuality any more than Nyctophobia mean a latent desire to be locked in a dark room. Or, any more than niggardly is a racial slur.

If anything it is a part of dumbing down the population so they have no idea what words mean and those empty little heads can be filled with anything at all.

A study by the Washington D.C. based "Family Research Council" indicates that homosexual men make up 3% of society but they are responsible for 25% of child molestation. About 99% of boys who are victims of sexual abuse were molested by homosexual men.

Forum List

Back