World's oldest -- all smokers

eots

no fly list
Jan 6, 2007
IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
Says who that smoking kills? Good habits such as smoking are the secret of good life – In spite of the drumming propaganda, every record of super-longevity belongs to smokers. Here is the case of Zhang Shuqing, a centenarian in Pixian, Sichuan, China, turned 100 on May 7, and who “buried” his own daughter – probably a non smoker! – eight years ago. Jokes aside, one is to think and really ponder on this. Record-setters of longevity are ALL smokers with a lot of other “bad” habits: Zhang also eats like a pig, including a daily bowl of pork fat! A paradox? Hold on: what is a paradox? Something contrary to scientifically established facts, or contrary to BELIEFS passed as scientific facts? Let’s face it: if smoking were such a “bad” habit Zhang and so many like him would not be here to prove the opposite, would they?

The Big 115: another ancient smoker has a birthday party - August 28, 2006 -A reader tipped us off to this story of the ex-smoker, never-drinker who was already six when the U.S. seized Puerto Rico from Spain in 1898. "I never damaged my body with liquor," said Mercado, who quit a 76-year smoking habit when he was 90. Happy birthday, Mr. Mercado del Toro!

The tobacco death toll - February 26, 2003 - Mercilessly, tobacco keeps harvesting an endless number of premature victims. Day after day millions of cigarettes are produced by criminals who KNOW that each and every one of their customers will DIE – and there is no escape, and no more unquestionable truth: if you smoke, you die. This is the case of the late John McMorran, of Lakeland, Florida. He smoked cigars, drank beer and ate greasy food –and now he has paid the dear price for a life turned that stands as an insult to the health crusaders. John was born June 19, 1889, in a log cabin in Michigan, and he was the oldest American living – but he could have lived longer. And that is not all; it is well known that smoking causes blindness and ear problems. In fact, “McMorran's eyesight failed in his final years, and people needed to shout for him to hear them.” What a waste. This is what tobacco does to you. May this epitaph stand as warning to the young, so that they learn to NEVER make John’s mistakes, and turn into statistical deaths.

FORCES - THE EVIDENCE - World's Oldest--All Smokers

But I still don't like cigarette. 1st - the smoke of the cigarette irritates my nose and last the smoke makes me dizzy.

Says who that smoking kills? Good habits such as smoking are the secret of good life – In spite of the drumming propaganda, every record of super-longevity belongs to smokers. Here is the case of Zhang Shuqing, a centenarian in Pixian, Sichuan, China, turned 100 on May 7, and who “buried” his own daughter – probably a non smoker! – eight years ago. Jokes aside, one is to think and really ponder on this. Record-setters of longevity are ALL smokers with a lot of other “bad” habits: Zhang also eats like a pig, including a daily bowl of pork fat! A paradox? Hold on: what is a paradox? Something contrary to scientifically established facts, or contrary to BELIEFS passed as scientific facts? Let’s face it: if smoking were such a “bad” habit Zhang and so many like him would not be here to prove the opposite, would they?

The Big 115: another ancient smoker has a birthday party - August 28, 2006 -A reader tipped us off to this story of the ex-smoker, never-drinker who was already six when the U.S. seized Puerto Rico from Spain in 1898. "I never damaged my body with liquor," said Mercado, who quit a 76-year smoking habit when he was 90. Happy birthday, Mr. Mercado del Toro!

The tobacco death toll - February 26, 2003 - Mercilessly, tobacco keeps harvesting an endless number of premature victims. Day after day millions of cigarettes are produced by criminals who KNOW that each and every one of their customers will DIE – and there is no escape, and no more unquestionable truth: if you smoke, you die. This is the case of the late John McMorran, of Lakeland, Florida. He smoked cigars, drank beer and ate greasy food –and now he has paid the dear price for a life turned that stands as an insult to the health crusaders. John was born June 19, 1889, in a log cabin in Michigan, and he was the oldest American living – but he could have lived longer. And that is not all; it is well known that smoking causes blindness and ear problems. In fact, “McMorran's eyesight failed in his final years, and people needed to shout for him to hear them.” What a waste. This is what tobacco does to you. May this epitaph stand as warning to the young, so that they learn to NEVER make John’s mistakes, and turn into statistical deaths.

And then there are people who have never smoked who get emphysema, lung cancer, all kinds of smoking related disease.

It's not ok to smoke. I was a smoker and I never felt better than after I quit. I wouldn't pick that nasty habit up again for any reason.

Compare that number...

... to the number of people who die of lung cancer & smoking related heart disease...

... there are always exceptions...

... to the general rule.
:eusa_shifty:

As creepy as it sounds, all my non-smoking friends are dead. They died fairly young too. The statistics of deaths caused by smoking are inflated. If someone smokes, a death is always smoking related even if they fell out of a window. We don't know what the real death rate is. Maybe we never will.

It's the old...."My grandmother smoked three packs a day and lived to be 97"

Perfect reason for millions of smokers to keep on puffing

possum thinks mice look silly when dey smoke...
:eusa_eh:
'Smoking vaccine' blocks nicotine in mice brains
27 June 2012 - Researchers believe vaccines may one day help people if they choose to quit.
Smokers could one day be immunised against nicotine so they gain no pleasure from the habit, according to researchers in the US. They have devised a vaccine that floods the body with an antibody to assault nicotine entering the body. A study in mice, published in Science Translational Medicine, showed levels of the chemical in the brain were reduced by 85% after vaccination.

Years of research are still needed before it could be tested on people. However, lead researcher Prof Ronald Crystal is convinced there will be benefits. "As far as we can see, the best way to treat chronic nicotine addiction from smoking is to have these Pacman-like antibodies on patrol, clearing the blood as needed before nicotine can have any biological effect."

New approach

Other "smoking vaccines" have been developed that train the immune system to produce antibodies that bind to nicotine - it is the same method used to vaccinate against diseases. The challenge has been to produce enough antibodies to stop the drug entering the brain and delivering its pleasurable hit. Scientists at Weill Cornell Medical College have used a completely different approach, a gene-therapy vaccine, which they say is more promising. A genetically modified virus containing the instructions for making nicotine antibodies is used to infect the liver. This turns the organ into a factory producing the antibodies. The research team compared the amount of nicotine in the brains of normal mice with those that had been immunised. After being injected with nicotine, the vaccinated mice had nicotine levels 85% lower.

It is not known if this could be repeated in humans or if this level of reduction would be enough to help people quit. Prof Crystal said that if such a vaccine could be developed then people "will know if they start smoking again, they will receive no pleasure from it due to the nicotine vaccine, and that can help them kick the habit". He added: "We are very hopeful that this kind of vaccine strategy can finally help the millions of smokers who have tried to stop, exhausting all the methods on the market today, but find their nicotine addiction to be strong enough to overcome these current approaches."

'Impressive and intriguing'

And then there are people who have never smoked who get emphysema, lung cancer, all kinds of smoking related disease.

It's not ok to smoke. I was a smoker and I never felt better than after I quit. I wouldn't pick that nasty habit up again for any reason.

Yeah it's funny how that works some of those people have never been around cigarette smokers. Could it be theirs poisons in the air they breath?

Three truths

1. Stress is the really the number one killer.

2. Undoubtably smoking is an unhealthful addiction, one that might contibute to an earlier death than one might have had otherwise

3. All non-smokers die.

Forum List

Back