Home from my trips to Israel

The Liqu got nothing from the report than a lot of capitals letters and foaming at the mouth.

I got a lot from the report and it reflects my impressions. I was in Israel last year and felt exactly the same way.

I was there 5 weeks. I had a good time.

I had prejudices, mostly blown up. A few tempered from iron to titanium steel.

The place is horribly expensive . For an American it is sticker shock every day. There are some things that are cheaper, busses and trains. But most things are just way to much.

Jews are mostly vegetarian, mostly . There is small amounts of meat compared to American stores. There are lots of fruit and vegetables stores , very few meat stores. I think this is both a factor of high price and preferences.

People in Tel Aviv are mostly secular, when they have a religious preference, they seem to prefer the more stringent style.

There are religious , sort of proselytizing Jews around . They have the straps and cloth, but they mostly just have them for those who want them, they don't preach.

For me, I am more pro Israel in most ways. I don't like the way they do others.

I met some Palestinian folks. They didn't convert me at all, quite the reverse . In Hebron especially . He tried, and there were some very intense conversation , but the Israeli attitude was more convincing .

I did like it there. I would advise to do the same. I lived in hostels I ate mostly fruit. I did lots of walking around. I didn't see everything by a long shot, but I did see quite a few things .

I do think if you are going to have an opinion , you should have some personal facts.
Was everyone packing AR-15's as the NRA claims?
6daf78c803ab1c1df2ef97c58c6efeee.jpg
Israel has very stringent gun regulations. But also they have rules on soldiers carrying. And soldiers have different ways than us soldiers.

This is ignorance of a lot of this, but I got some information....

first, they don't have AR 15's .. an ar 15 is a 22 caliber semi automatic. 1 pul of the trigger, one shot. I think the guns I saw on Israelis were 30 calabar fully automatic.

Not all soldiers carry. Only about 20% I would guess, but that small minority has to carry everywhere they go. To the beach, to the bathroom, everywhere. One of the things that amused me was when I took the train, they had metal detectors on the entrances. They looked for weapons from everybody, and the fished through your luggage to look for things, but they would allow people with proper cards with machine guns.

Israel is small. you can go most places within 3 hours. When you have 2 days of leave most soldiers take it to go to the beach or visit family. So busses and trains are full of soldiers as is the beaches. I didn't go to young bars, so I never saw a picture like you have there, but I did see lots of soldiers running around.

What I did see that was more common was soldiers, male and female, reading prayer books with machine guns.

I decided not to start one! That was part of the reason. I'm here now. Jerusalem.

I had an old friend message me Saturday to say he'll be landing in tel Aviv the folowwing morning. "What should I do?" Is what he asked. Lol. It was extremely hard to keep it to a small paragraph.

I decided not to start one! That was part of the reason. I'm here now. Jerusalem.

That's really nice to hear, I'd be most interested reading about Your experience and thoughts on anything that grabbed Your attention, the situation and the atmosphere in whole.

Is it Your first one?
Please feel free to ask if You need anything, especially if You plan on going north.

That's really nice to hear, I'd be most interested reading about Your experience and thoughts on anything that grabbed Your attention, the situation and the atmosphere in whole.

Is it Your first one?
Please feel free to ask if You need anything, especially if You plan on going north.

This is my first trip to Israel.

Random thoughts:

The security guards at the Kotel coming down from the Rova are mostly just bored. That sort of surprised me. We have this perception of high alert intensity. Nah.

The Old City feels very safe and quiet. Even walking around late at night or early in the morning.

Everyone is happy to see a Canadian!

I could live here. I would love to live here.

too hard , expensive for everyone or just me to see Israel . I just support and like Israelis and Jews more than 'muslims' . Most Jews and Israelis that i knew were from Europe and resettled in Miami after ww2 and i knew them back in the mid 60s , early 70s , Anyway , sounds like a nice trip ALWords .
YUP. And the sixties and early seventies saw to it that Miami, especially the beach from about 40 th and south, wound up a boarded up ghetto.
Whilst in IsNtReal, always order da porq. Itza Bahhhhhgin !

Is it Your first one?

Random thoughts:

The security guards at the Kotel coming down from the Rova are mostly just bored. That sort of surprised me. We have this perception of high alert intensity. Nah.

The Old City feels very safe and quiet. Even walking around late at night or early in the morning.

I always had the feeling that Jerusalem is overwhelming especially with excitement beforehand,
lots of worry comes from that. But once one gets there something deep and calm removes the worry, like an opening to to have a clear prayer.

Sure everyone is happy to see a Canadian, look what nice weather You brought with You :)

Are You planning to visit some beautiful Arab villages?

Share more whatever good or bad You see, Your perspective is interesting.
My proposition is on if need anything.

Is it Your first one?

Random thoughts:

I always had the feeling that Jerusalem is overwhelming especially with excitement beforehand,
lots of worry comes from that. But once one gets there something deep and calm removes the worry, like an opening to to have a clear prayer.

Sure everyone is happy to see a Canadian, look what nice weather You brought with You :)

You've described the feeling very well. I'm not sure I have the words for it just yet. But yes, there is this incredible excitement and feeling of awe beforehand. But once you are here the place is soul-deep almost restfulness. It is very easy for this to feel like home.

And yeah, sorry about the weather.

And thank you so much for your offer. I'm actually here partly on a business trip so my time is mostly taken up with things out of my control.

Hopefully you'll be in Jerusalem for the start of the sabbath.

I will be!
Jerusalem is such a cool city, almost magical. But one of the coolest things is to be there when the siren goes off on Friday evening to signify the beginning of Shabbat. The whole city comes to a stand still. Of course it is already shutting down starting near noon or so. Go to the shuk around noon. Good luck, it will be very crowded.

The other coolest thing is what we both missed. Last week (to the day) was the 70th Independence day celebrations. The fireworks, the bands, the people. Oh yeah, hopefully you are staying near the downtown triangle. Ben Yehuda Street is pretty cool at night.

Hopefully you'll be in Jerusalem for the start of the sabbath.

I will be!
Jerusalem is such a cool city, almost magical. But one of the coolest things is to be there when the siren goes off on Friday evening to signify the beginning of Shabbat. The whole city comes to a stand still. Of course it is already shutting down starting near noon or so. Go to the shuk around noon. Good luck, it will be very crowded.

The other coolest thing is what we both missed. Last week (to the day) was the 70th Independence day celebrations. The fireworks, the bands, the people. Oh yeah, hopefully you are staying near the downtown triangle. Ben Yehuda Street is pretty cool at night.

I'm staying in the Rova. Tonight my friends/business partners are taking me to the Jewish shuk. Apparently it basically switches from a market to an outdoor party on Thursday nights?

I was there 5 weeks. I had a good time.

I had prejudices, mostly blown up. A few tempered from iron to titanium steel.

The place is horribly expensive . For an American it is sticker shock every day. There are some things that are cheaper, busses and trains. But most things are just way to much.

Jews are mostly vegetarian, mostly . There is small amounts of meat compared to American stores. There are lots of fruit and vegetables stores , very few meat stores. I think this is both a factor of high price and preferences.

People in Tel Aviv are mostly secular, when they have a religious preference, they seem to prefer the more stringent style.

There are religious , sort of proselytizing Jews around . They have the straps and cloth, but they mostly just have them for those who want them, they don't preach.

For me, I am more pro Israel in most ways. I don't like the way they do others.

I met some Palestinian folks. They didn't convert me at all, quite the reverse . In Hebron especially . He tried, and there were some very intense conversation , but the Israeli attitude was more convincing .

I did like it there. I would advise to do the same. I lived in hostels I ate mostly fruit. I did lots of walking around. I didn't see everything by a long shot, but I did see quite a few things .

I do think if you are going to have an opinion , you should have some personal facts.

I prefer in getting my personal opinions the old-fashioned way ... from someone with agenda.

ritualmurder.jpg
That pic is revolting of you fnc,really we are all past the heinous propaganda of the Nazis towards the Jews as Sub normal.....monsters or running around like Vermin......Fcku is this shit what they teach you in Zionist School today????????you being Jewish as you say you are

So what is your agenda and the purpose of this Shit-Pic....please or do you need a good thrashing...steve

Is it Your first one?

Random thoughts:

You've described the feeling very well. I'm not sure I have the words for it just yet. But yes, there is this incredible excitement and feeling of awe beforehand. But once you are here the place is soul-deep almost restfulness. It is very easy for this to feel like home.

And thank you so much for your offer. I'm actually here partly on a business trip so my time is mostly taken up with things out of my control.

We haven't seen such amounts of rain before summer for decades...Shusha stay longer.

Out of curiosity - I found only a handful of Israeli Taekwondo practitioners on Wiki, is there a serious Taekwondo culture here, are we competent as in Judo?
Also do You see any practitioners coming from a religious- orthodox background?

BTW if I may suggest, find some time to go to the Western wall tunnels, on the left of the plaza.
The visible part of the wall is just a tiny fraction of what is buried underneath layers of history.

There You can find the closest spot to the Holy of Holies...

Yom Tov Shusha.

Is it Your first one?

Random thoughts:

We haven't seen such amounts of rain before summer for decades...Shusha stay longer.

Out of curiosity - I found only a handful of Israeli Taekwondo practitioners on Wiki, is there a serious Taekwondo culture here, are we competent as in Judo?
Also do You see any practitioners coming from a religious- orthodox background?

More Judo than Taekwondo as far as I can tell. But some good TKD as well. As yes. In fact we were sparring the other day and our room had the religious women. No men allowed.

BTW if I may suggest, find some time to go to the Western wall tunnels, on the left of the plaza.
The visible part of the wall is just a tiny fraction of what is buried underneath layers of history.

There You can find the closest spot to the Holy of Holies...

Yom Tov Shusha.

There is also supposed to be a Little Wall you can access from the Muslim Quarter?

Forum List

Back