Hillary Clinton in India..outsourcing vs morality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

archangel

:eek2: Hillary Clinton once again jumping the bandwagon..In India she said"Outsourcing of American jobs is wrong,however she went on to say:being realistic you can't legislate morality" What is wrong with this picture...humm you tell me..once again she is walking the fence to appease both sides of the issue...

I for one am really tired..I mean really tired of politicians..outsourcing of jobs is not only against morality..but is the root cause of most... if not all our problems affecting our economy..The latest index shows that CEO's increased their income and benefits by some 5% while the average worker only went up some 3 1/2 %... after cost of living adjustment...not to mention the increased cost in products..why is this if competition is supposed to lower the basic cost of products?...again, why is it the the cost is rising steadly?...humm maybe competition only benefits CEO's, not the rest of us!

This also smacks of the proposed SSA privatization attack by the same politicians and CEO's who want to once again pad their pockets at the expense of the average worker... :bang3:

Jury is out on the benefits/costs of outsourcing. Immediate take if your job is lost-bad. If in the long run, better jobs and more positions are available-good. Remember that Jefferson, a wise man indeed, thought that the industrial growth was bad and we should all remain on farms.

Kathianne said:
Jury is out on the benefits/costs of outsourcing. Immediate take if your job is lost-bad. If in the long run, better jobs and more positions are available-good. Remember that Jefferson, a wise man indeed, thought that the industrial growth was bad and we should all remain on farms.

Kathy...In a perfect world this would hold water...however the fact is we are only increasing in low paying service jobs..how long do you think this will last?

Without industrial producing jobs we are up the creek without a paddle..can't eat or drive or live in paper products...humm! :spank3:

archangel said:
:eek2: Hillary Clinton once again jumping the bandwagon..In India she said"Outsourcing of American jobs is wrong,however she went on to say:being realistic you can't legislate morality" What is wrong with this picture...humm you tell me..once again she is walking the fence to appease both sides of the issue...

I for one am really tired..I mean really tired of politicians..outsourcing of jobs is not only against morality..but is the root cause of most... if not all our problems affecting our economy..The latest index shows that CEO's increased their income and benefits by some 5% while the average worker only went up some 3 1/2 %... after cost of living adjustment...not to mention the increased cost in products..why is this if competition is supposed to lower the basic cost of products?...again, why is it the the cost is rising steadly?...humm maybe competition only benefits CEO's, not the rest of us!

This also smacks of the proposed SSA privatization attack by the same politicians and CEO's who want to once again pad their pockets at the expense of the average worker... :bang3:

my staff's salary went up by 7% overall......mine remained flat

archangel said:

The root cause of our economic problems is outsourcing? I think it's high taxation that costs businesses and forces them to go overseas to remain competitive, the out of control litigation problem in this country which is causing businesses to relocate overseas, the over regulation of just about everything .... which is causing businesses to move overseas, affirmative action which forces businesses to hire on a quota basis and thus prevents them from hiring the best qualified applicants, spiraling health care costs..... do you get the picture?

You think that outsourcing of jobs is immoral because jobs are lost? OK.... what about computers, are they immoral? Because of them, jobs were lost. How about cars? Cars are immoral since they replaced the horse and buggy and cost many blacksmiths their jobs. How about medicine and better nutrition? Those helped increase the life span, thereby allowing older people to live longer and work at jobs that the young people in this country could be working at. So that's immoral. The point is.... where do you draw the line? The answer is no where! When we stop making progress, then our economy will stagnate and jobs will be truly lost. The best way to combat poverty is to create wealth.

Now for the final observation. I've been hearing the same complaint from the Left for the past thirty plus years. America consumes a disproportionate amount of resources when its population is considered, America is the biggest polluter in the world, America is an imperialist power that is pushing its weight around. America is too wealthy, we should share our wealth with the poorer, less fortunate countries, America is too greedy etc etc etc. Well... what do you think outsourcing does? First, manufacturing jobs are going overseas, along with the pollution that goes with it (good, no?). America is helping poor underdeveloped nations by exporting jobs overseas and giving the poor people of those third world countries more wealth (so we're helping those poor countries!), since we are becoming an information economy, we will consume less of certain goods, since manufacturing requires a lot of resources (good again!). So now the Left got what it wanted, why the fuss?

MtnBiker said:
Archangel, do you belive that congress should enact a job-saving law?

May not be a bad idea,however why not just have the corporations inact a corporation saving law..just bring back our jobs so we can all live... :hitit:

archangel said:
May not be a bad idea,however why not just have the corporations inact a corporation saving law..just bring back our jobs so we can all live... :hitit:

Walter E. Williams says it very well:

I'd like to propose a way to completely eliminate this angst, and I'm wondering just how many of my fellow Americans would support it.

Let's call it the Level Playing Field Act, where Congress decrees that: Neither a corporation nor an individual shall be permitted to employ a cheaper method of producing a good or service.

The Level Playing Field Act would be a blessing for all those highly paid workers in the high-tech, auto, steel and other industries who see their jobs going to overseas workers earning far less than half their wages. To produce the most successful outcome, Congress would have to complement this law with a similar decree on the consumer side of things, namely: Neither a corporation nor an individual shall be permitted to purchase a cheaper good or service.

This job-saving measure wouldn't only apply to jobs lost to low-wage countries, but it would also apply to automation caused by job-destroying machines. England's 19th century Luddites understood this very well, but they took matters into their own hands and went about destroying job-destroying machinery.

I can sympathize with the Luddites. After all, it's no less painful to a worker who loses his job because the corporation has moved his job overseas than to a worker who loses his job to a cost-saving machine. Either way, he's out of a job.

Being 67 years old, I've witnessed a lot of job destruction. As a young man, I enjoyed watching road construction. At that time, road construction required enormous teams of men doing everything from using jackhammers and pickaxes to dig up cracked pavement to using long two-by-fours to even out and finish the concrete. We just don't see much of this now. These good-paying jobs have been destroyed by huge machines operated by a few men who do the work that took hundreds of men to do yesteryear. Had the Level Playing Field Act been on the books, we'd still have those jobs.

Job-destroying machines haven't spared women. Yesteryear, thousands of women had good-paying jobs as telephone switchboard operators. Switching machines and later computers destroyed those jobs. Five and dime stores had one or two ladies behind every counter to help customers. Checkout stands and packaging have destroyed all of those jobs. The Level Playing Field Act would have saved those jobs.

Then there's the consumer side of things. Years ago, there were loads of corner grocery and hardware stores. Because of selfish consumers, motivated only by getting something cheap and not caring about what happens to small businessmen and their employees, these stores are mostly gone. They've been replaced by huge, impersonal supermarket chains and super hardware stores like Home Depot and Lowes. Had my proposed law been on the books, small grocery and hardware stores would not have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Some people might argue that what I'm proposing is too extreme. They might say, "We're just talking about saving all of our high-tech and manufacturing jobs going overseas." Such a position seems selfish and self-serving in the least. After all, one of the overriding values of a free society is equality before the law. That means if Congress takes a measure to save the job of one American, it's obliged to save the jobs of all Americans. No worker is more deserving than another. That means there can't be job-saving discrimination.

link

A job saving law would be a very bad idea!

KarlMarx said:
The root cause of our economic problems is outsourcing? I think it's high taxation that costs businesses and forces them to go overseas to remain competitive, the out of control litigation problem in this country which is causing businesses to relocate overseas, the over regulation of just about everything .... which is causing businesses to move overseas, affirmative action which forces businesses to hire on a quota basis and thus prevents them from hiring the best qualified applicants, spiraling health care costs..... do you get the picture?

You think that outsourcing of jobs is immoral because jobs are lost? OK.... what about computers, are they immoral? Because of them, jobs were lost. How about cars? Cars are immoral since they replaced the horse and buggy and cost many blacksmiths their jobs. How about medicine and better nutrition? Those helped increase the life span, thereby allowing older people to live longer and work at jobs that the young people in this country could be working at. So that's immoral. The point is.... where do you draw the line? The answer is no where! When we stop making progress, then our economy will stagnate and jobs will be truly lost. The best way to combat poverty is to create wealth.

Now for the final observation. I've been hearing the same complaint from the Left for the past thirty plus years. America consumes a disproportionate amount of resources when its population is considered, America is the biggest polluter in the world, America is an imperialist power that is pushing its weight around. America is too wealthy, we should share our wealth with the poorer, less fortunate countries, America is too greedy etc etc etc. Well... what do you think outsourcing does? First, manufacturing jobs are going overseas, along with the pollution that goes with it (good, no?). America is helping poor underdeveloped nations by exporting jobs overseas and giving the poor people of those third world countries more wealth (so we're helping those poor countries!), since we are becoming an information economy, we will consume less of certain goods, since manufacturing requires a lot of resources (good again!). So now the Left got what it wanted, why the fuss?

Okay lets just outsource everything including CEO positions,congressmen,Senators and the President...do you get my drift? :scratch:

manu1959 said:
my staff's salary went up by 7% overall......mine remained flat

And what is it that you produce...can I drive or eat or live in it?That is my point...nothing more...nothing less..even if you are a great boss! :coffee3:

MtnBiker said:
Walter E. Williams says it very well:

A job saving law would be a very bad idea!

Fine lets outsource all and everything we were..lets all go on federal welfare...humm...sounds good to me...NOT! And how will this work in your perfect world? :scratch:

archangel said:
Okay lets just outsource everything including CEO positions,congressmen,Senators and the President...do you get my drift? :scratch:
That's is what some on the Left have been trying to do. It wasn't too long ago that John F. Kerry was trying to do just that.

1. When we are supposed to subjegate our national interest to the United Nations, we are outsourcing our sovereignty

2. When our Supreme Court justices are looking to the Constitutions of other countries for guidance.... we are outsourcing

3. When we are supposed to get the approval of the French whenever we decide whether we should pre-empt terrorism, we are outsourcing....

4. When we allow the judiciary to overturn the decision of the voters and Congress lets the judiciary legislate from the bench, we are outsourcing the will of the people to a bunch of oligarchs....

5. When we allow small, vocal minorities to erode our rights as Americans to advance their political agenda.... we are outsourcing.....

The Left has made outsourcing a way of life, hasn't it?

P.S. But you do have a point.... let's outsource, or better yet, eliminate many government jobs and programs. This can be done by attrition. Since the federal work force is aging and quickly approaching retirement age.... when those individuals retire, don't replace them. And federal programs that haven't acheived their intended results, let's get rid of them, too. With a smaller government, less interference and less social engineering, you'll be surprised at how much our economy picks up, and how many social ills will disappear.

archangel said:
Fine lets outsource all and everything we were..lets all go on federal welfare...humm...sounds good to me...NOT! And how will this work in your perfect world?

I'm not advocating ridcules ideas such as outsourcing "all and everything" or government officials, just letting free markets prevail.

How would you determine whose job is saved and whose is not?

archangel said:
Fine lets outsource all and everything we were..lets all go on federal welfare...humm...sounds good to me...NOT! And how will this work in your perfect world? :scratch:

This sounds like it might be personal? If so, what have you done to update your skills?

MtnBiker said:
I'm not advocating ridcules ideas such as outsourcing "all and everything" or government officials, just letting free markets prevail.

How would you determine whose job is saved and whose is not?

:dunno: According to Karl Marx..he thinks it a good idea to do away with federal employees..and let big business run the country...as if this were not the case today...all parties Demos and Repubs are found guilty..both parties have a hand in big business and both profit from outsourcing...geez!

Kathianne said:
This sounds like it might be personal? If so, what have you done to update your skills?

I am retired after serving my country in both the military and as a local and federal law enforcement officer..how does one update these skills?and by the way I like to help those who have not yet retired...dah...anything wrong with this concept? :bj2:

KarlMarx said:

the fair tax plan (national retail sales tax) would be a start.privatizing social security,securing our borders,controlling spending,drilling in anwar,and decreasing the amount of cases in the criminal justice system and increasing revenue by legalizing prostitution and marijuana.

MtnBiker said:
Archangel, how would you determine whose job is saved and whose is not?

Every job that produces quality products should be brought back for a start...I am really tired of buying products produced in a third world country that winds up in the trash after the first use..the elite can afford to purchase quality products or afford to throw away after the first use....hummm...I must have hit a nerve once again... :cool:

archangel said:
Every job that produces quality products should be brought back for a start...I am really tired of buying products produced in a third world country that winds up in the trash after the first use..the elite can afford to purchase quality products or afford to throw away after the first use....hummm...I must have hit a nerve once again...

So you have no faith in consumers deciding on which products they buy? This to should be decided and mandated by the government? Wow were are creeping closer to communisim with this line of thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back