Hillary Clinton in India..outsourcing vs morality!

Discussion in 'Economy' started by archangel, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :eek2: Hillary Clinton once again jumping the bandwagon..In India she said"Outsourcing of American jobs is wrong,however she went on to say:being realistic you can't legislate morality" What is wrong with this picture...humm you tell me..once again she is walking the fence to appease both sides of the issue...

I for one am really tired..I mean really tired of politicians..outsourcing of jobs is not only against morality..but is the root cause of most... if not all our problems affecting our economy..The latest index shows that CEO's increased their income and benefits by some 5% while the average worker only went up some 3 1/2 %... after cost of living adjustment...not to mention the increased cost in products..why is this if competition is supposed to lower the basic cost of products?...again, why is it the the cost is rising steadly?...humm maybe competition only benefits CEO's, not the rest of us!

This also smacks of the proposed SSA privatization attack by the same politicians and CEO's who want to once again pad their pockets at the expense of the average worker... :bang3:

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Jury is out on the benefits/costs of outsourcing. Immediate take if your job is lost-bad. If in the long run, better jobs and more positions are available-good. Remember that Jefferson, a wise man indeed, thought that the industrial growth was bad and we should all remain on farms.

3. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Kathy...In a perfect world this would hold water...however the fact is we are only increasing in low paying service jobs..how long do you think this will last?

Without industrial producing jobs we are up the creek without a paddle..can't eat or drive or live in paper products...humm! :spank3:

4. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    my staff's salary went up by 7% overall......mine remained flat

5. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Archangel, do you belive that congress should enact a job-saving law?

6. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    The root cause of our economic problems is outsourcing? I think it's high taxation that costs businesses and forces them to go overseas to remain competitive, the out of control litigation problem in this country which is causing businesses to relocate overseas, the over regulation of just about everything .... which is causing businesses to move overseas, affirmative action which forces businesses to hire on a quota basis and thus prevents them from hiring the best qualified applicants, spiraling health care costs..... do you get the picture?

You think that outsourcing of jobs is immoral because jobs are lost? OK.... what about computers, are they immoral? Because of them, jobs were lost. How about cars? Cars are immoral since they replaced the horse and buggy and cost many blacksmiths their jobs. How about medicine and better nutrition? Those helped increase the life span, thereby allowing older people to live longer and work at jobs that the young people in this country could be working at. So that's immoral. The point is.... where do you draw the line? The answer is no where! When we stop making progress, then our economy will stagnate and jobs will be truly lost. The best way to combat poverty is to create wealth.

Now for the final observation. I've been hearing the same complaint from the Left for the past thirty plus years. America consumes a disproportionate amount of resources when its population is considered, America is the biggest polluter in the world, America is an imperialist power that is pushing its weight around. America is too wealthy, we should share our wealth with the poorer, less fortunate countries, America is too greedy etc etc etc. Well... what do you think outsourcing does? First, manufacturing jobs are going overseas, along with the pollution that goes with it (good, no?). America is helping poor underdeveloped nations by exporting jobs overseas and giving the poor people of those third world countries more wealth (so we're helping those poor countries!), since we are becoming an information economy, we will consume less of certain goods, since manufacturing requires a lot of resources (good again!). So now the Left got what it wanted, why the fuss?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

May not be a bad idea,however why not just have the corporations inact a corporation saving law..just bring back our jobs so we can all live... :hitit:

8. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230

Walter E. Williams says it very well:

A job saving law would be a very bad idea!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay lets just outsource everything including CEO positions,congressmen,Senators and the President...do you get my drift? :scratch:

10. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And what is it that you produce...can I drive or eat or live in it?That is my point...nothing more...nothing less..even if you are a great boss! :coffee3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.