Hillary Clinton: How Bergdahl disappeared 'doesn't matter'

Maybe the military needs a review board of some type to decide which POW's should be brought home and which one's to leave behind? We left prisoners in Korea because they elected to stay, so maybe that equation should be added to the mix. We could require American POW's to fill out a questionnaire first before we bring them back, and then we get to vote. Damn that would be fun for board members.
Millions were spent to bring home our dead, perhaps that needs a review too?

you are talking about loyal american soldiers, not deserters and traitors. There is a huge difference. In any other country, Bergdahl would already have been executed.

So you support the US government having summarily declared Bergdahl a deserter, without due process, and left him at the mercy of the enemy,

despite his guilt or innocence never being properly determined?

lol. right.

he was in the hands of the enemy by his choice. he was a deserter the moment he left his unit and went to the other side. There is no court hearing needed to determine that. The only purpose of the court marshall is to determine his punishment, his guilt is established.
ohhhhhh, just bull crud Redfish...what are you, a Commie or Nazi? We are ALL innocent until PROVEN guilty beyond a reasonable DOUBT in a court of Law in this great Nation of ours....don't like it, then move to a country that suits your taste, of convicting people to death BEFORE ever giving them a trial.

The dude Bergdahl, DID THIS TWICE, leaving his post and going out among the enemy, before this last time when he got captured, and each time his unit took him back with no reprimanding him... with no RED flags shooting up...that's a problem with the Unit's command, as well imo.
Yeah, we are all innocent until proven guilty, unless one happens to be a cop killing a thug committing a crime.

Maybe the military needs a review board of some type to decide which POW's should be brought home and which one's to leave behind? We left prisoners in Korea because they elected to stay, so maybe that equation should be added to the mix. We could require American POW's to fill out a questionnaire first before we bring them back, and then we get to vote. Damn that would be fun for board members.
Millions were spent to bring home our dead, perhaps that needs a review too?

you are talking about loyal american soldiers, not deserters and traitors. There is a huge difference. In any other country, Bergdahl would already have been executed.

So you support the US government having summarily declared Bergdahl a deserter, without due process, and left him at the mercy of the enemy,

despite his guilt or innocence never being properly determined?

lol. right.

he was in the hands of the enemy by his choice. he was a deserter the moment he left his unit and went to the other side. There is no court hearing needed to determine that. The only purpose of the court marshall is to determine his punishment, his guilt is established.
ohhhhhh, just bull crud Redfish...what are you, a Commie or Nazi? We are ALL innocent until PROVEN guilty beyond a reasonable DOUBT in a court of Law in this great Nation of ours....don't like it, then move to a country that suits your taste, of convicting people to death BEFORE ever giving them a trial.

The dude Bergdahl, DID THIS TWICE, leaving his post and going out among the enemy, before this last time when he got captured, and each time his unit took him back with no reprimanding him... with no RED flags shooting up...that's a problem with the Unit's command, as well imo.
Yeah, we are all innocent until proven guilty, unless one happens to be a cop killing a thug committing a crime.

or a white hispanic trying to save his own life

Had Bergdahl been convicted of any crime at that time? Seems the only charge at the time, and it was still just a charge, was that Bergdahl was absent without leave.
An American held in enemy hands cannot just be abandoned as the rabid conservatives seem to have wanted. If it was any of their sons they would want him back if only to be sentenced to Leavenworth for 20 years.
Do you often lie and assign intent to people without any facts?

No one suggested abandoning him. But they did make the point that the price for him was to extravagant. There were other means of getting him back that were not as costly.

But now, desertion and consorting with the enemy seems to be just peachy to people like you.

Had Bergdahl been convicted of any crime at that time? Seems the only charge at the time, and it was still just a charge, was that Bergdahl was absent without leave.
An American held in enemy hands cannot just be abandoned as the rabid conservatives seem to have wanted. If it was any of their sons they would want him back if only to be sentenced to Leavenworth for 20 years.

No one suggested abandoning him. But they did make the point that the price for him was to extravagant. There were other means of getting him back that were not as costly.

But now, desertion and consorting with the enemy seems to be just peachy to people like you.

in the liberal mind, If obama did it, it has to be good. Because the great kenyan messiah can do no wrong.

makes you wonder who Obama's "own people" are doesn't it? Everything the guy has done internationally has hurt the USA and helped our enemies.

makes ME wonder why context means NOTHING to RW's ..

"context". the guy deserted, joined the enemy, said he hated the USA, 6 americans died trying to get him back i.e. save him. The context is very very clear.
He is a hero to Obama and the Left.

That will never change.
The hell he is, dingbat dupe lynch mob twit lol.
We all saw Obama praise Bergdahl, and fondle his momma, while his cuckolded daddy looked on in shame.

I saw it on CNN, and Wuff don't allow lies.
Bergdahl DIDN'T serve with distinction yet was promoted to sergeant? You people are braindead.

Aren't you assigning intent? Maybe you can suggest some of these "less costly" methods of getting him back? There are thousands of Taliban fighters, what's five more? Five more to drone strike into little pieces? Seems reasonable.

Aren't you assigning intent? Maybe you can suggest some of these "less costly" methods of getting him back? There are thousands of Taliban fighters, what's five more? Five more to drone strike into little pieces? Seems reasonable.
No, I am not assigning intent. You made a statement that is flat out untrue. No one on either side has ever suggested that we leave the accused deserter behind, and opposing the release of highly placed (the equivalent of generals) terrorists for the release of one questionable soldier is very bad politics and even worse military strategy. There are not thousands of top level commanders for terrorist organizations. As for your suggestion of of making less costly options, you would only disagree or shoot them down the suggestion, not because they may or may not work, but because you simply can't bring yourself to be open minded.

No, I am not assigning intent. You made a statement that is flat out untrue. No one on either side has ever suggested that we leave the accused deserter behind, and opposing the release of highly placed (the equivalent of generals) terrorists for the release of one questionable soldier is very bad politics and even worse military strategy. There are not thousands of top level commanders for terrorist organizations. As for your suggestion of of making less costly options, you would only disagree or shoot them down the suggestion, not because they may or may not work, but because you simply can't bring yourself to be open minded.
Common conservative answer, hates everything the administration does, has no answer to what should been done differently. We got a deal, we got him back and the only alternatives were abandonment or military rescue.

If Obama left any US soldier there for any reason, Republicans would be screaming bloody murder. They don't give two turds and a flying fart about any US soldier. They just want to try to embarrass Obama. You have to concentrate on reality and ignore GOP rants.

I don't think for one nano second that he made a bad deal...He did the RIGHT thing in bringing this American home, whether an alleged deserter or not. If he is being charged as a deserter now, I STILL know Obama followed protocol and "left no man behind''....

Obozo didn't "bring" anybody home. He negotiated with terrorists and made a deal. Give us our traitor and we'll give you 5 of your loyalists. THINK

the bad deal was not bringing the deserter home, the bad deal was trading 5 known terrorist leaders for him. It was a bad deal !

Absolutely. If obozo had sent a team in to rescue bergy, that might have been ok.

I don't think for one nano second that he made a bad deal...He did the RIGHT thing in bringing this American home, whether an alleged deserter or not. If he is being charged as a deserter now, I STILL know Obama followed protocol and "left no man behind''....

Obozo didn't "bring" anybody home. He negotiated with terrorists and made a deal. Give us our traitor and we'll give you 5 of your loyalists. THINK
right :rolleyes: Bergdahl is still in Afghanistan and never got brought home...THINK.

right :rolleyes: Bergdahl is still in Afghanistan and never got brought home...THINK.

Yes, he is back in the USA. The point is that obozo made a bad deal for him. ISIS out negotiated the great community organizer, now Iran is doing the same thing.

Obama is a light weight in the international arena, everyone makes him look like a fool.

Worst president in history, bar none.

Yes, he is back in the USA. The point is that obozo made a bad deal for him. ISIS out negotiated the great community organizer, now Iran is doing the same thing.

Obama is a light weight in the international arena, everyone makes him look like a fool.

You think he made a bad deal, but I think he made a very good deal.

They wanted 16 prisoners released, he settled for 5 prisoners being TRANSFERRED in to the custody of other countries, AND we got an American citizen in return.

HOORAY for Obama....on this one!

How many of the 500 or so prisoners Bush released have returned to the fight? What did Bush get for his releases? At least we got one American back for five.

They wanted 16 prisoners released, he settled for 5 prisoners being TRANSFERRED in to the custody of other countries, AND we got an American citizen in return.

Bullshit. 5 terrorist leaders for one deserter IS NOT A GOOD DEAL!. There is a loyal marine who has been in jail in Iran for over 3 years, how about him? there is a Christian minister who has been jailed for over 3 years, how about him?

This whole thing was nothing but an obozo publicity stunt-------------AND IT FAILED.

Those five Taliban were upper echelon Taliban. Not Mohammed six packs.

This trade was the equivalent of giving the Nazis back five Generals during WWII.

Edit to add: The country they were sent to was Qatar. The only country to date that has actually built a Taliban Embassy aka an Embassy for terrorists.

Last edited:

This trade was the equivalent of giving the Nazis back five Generals during WWII.

Edit to add: The country they were sent to was Qatar. The only country to date that has actually built a Taliban Embassy aka an Embassy for terrorists.
I doubt if those five whatever, are equivalent to five German WWII generals.

I doubt if those five whatever, are equivalent to five German WWII generals.

They could be much worse

Forum List

Back