Hillary Clinton: How Bergdahl disappeared 'doesn't matter'

Liminal

Actually, I agree that Bergdahl should have his day in court (along with the appropriate penalty if convicted), and I'm sure most of the posters will agree.

The problem is that Obama released five high ranking Taliban to get him back, while the war is still going on, and three of them have already been caught trying to get back into the fight. It seems Obozo is just too dumb to grasp the concept that you kick the shit out of the enemy until they surrender instead of sending them reinforcements.
Maybe you can tell us how much a US serviceman is worth? What would you traitors and rug merchants have traded?

I'd have said we'll take him back if they want to let him go

Liminal

Actually, I agree that Bergdahl should have his day in court (along with the appropriate penalty if convicted), and I'm sure most of the posters will agree.

The problem is that Obama released five high ranking Taliban to get him back, while the war is still going on, and three of them have already been caught trying to get back into the fight. It seems Obozo is just too dumb to grasp the concept that you kick the shit out of the enemy until they surrender instead of sending them reinforcements.
Maybe you can tell us how much a US serviceman is worth? What would you traitors and rug merchants have traded?

I'd have said we'll take him back if they want to let him go
Apparently, they didn't want to keep him, since the Taliban doesn't see any value in having cowards in their ranks. Maybe Obama should have asked them how much the Taliban would give us to take him back and save them a feed bill....

Liminal

Let me try to explain this in terms even a Liberal can understand (hopefully)......

Those Taliban that were released are already trying to get back into the fight, where they can kill a lot more of our troops. So the actual question should be "Is the life of one deserter (or his convenience, since the Taliban kept him as a pet for all those years) worth the lives of God knows how many troops that are serving honorably?"

Or have you already converted hook-line-and-sinker to Obozo's doctrine that anything that is bad for America and our troops is a good thing?
So then he's already been tried and convicted. Thanks for the update.

I didn't say it is or is not hypothetical.

You only started back pedalling into 'hypothetical scenarios' AFTER I demonstrated that the source of your bullshit narrative was a satire website.

Not before. I defy you show us any description by you of the 'black bakers and the KKK' as hypothetical until AFTER I demonstrated it was pure, blithering nonsense. Feel free to use any of your posts in this thread or any other.

It won't matter. You drank the manufactured outrage Kool-aid, babbled about at topic you didn't understand, and never bothered to fact check any of it.

I did fact check it. Which is the difference between you and I.

I didn't say it is or is not hypothetical.

You only started back pedalling into 'hypothetical scenarios' AFTER I demonstrated that the source of your bullshit narrative was a satire website.

You take yourself far too seriously

Not before. I defy you show us any description by you of the 'black bakers and the KKK' as hypothetical until AFTER I demonstrated it was pure, blithering nonsense. Feel free to use any of your posts in this thread or any other.

It won't matter. You drank the manufactured outrage Kool-aid, babbled about at topic you didn't understand, and never bothered to fact check any of it.

I did fact check it. Which is the difference between you and I.

I took a position, I didn't dance like Fred Astair. Which is the difference between you and me. Oh, that and I know the English language...

Between you and me vs Between you and I e Learn English Language

Its a valid comparison. Both the marine and Bergdahl were US soldiers captured by an enemy. Why does obozo trade 5 terrorist leaders for the traitor and do nothing about the marine?

You, my little friend, are full of shit.

No, you're still wrong, those two situations bear no similarity whatsoever.

american citizens held by an enemy. Yes, I understand the military issue. But the fact remains that obama made a terrible deal for a deserter and has done nothing for other americans held captive.

So then you, and the other traitors on this thread, think an American soldier should have been left captive and denied the right to defend himself in courts martial. You people aren't even Americans as far as I'm concerned. People with stupid opinions like that are an embarrassment and a disgrace to this nation.

No, I never said anything like that. We should get all americans held illegally by foreign governments, whether military or civilian.

The issue here is that obama made a terrible deal to get Bergdahl. 5 terrorist leaders for one deserter is a BAD DEAL
Does he get to defend himself against that charge, or has he already been tried in absentia? Looks like the court of public opinion is good enough for you.

of course he gets a trial. With all the pressure from the whitehouse, the pentagon would not have charged him with desertion if they did not have a solid case.

Liminal

did you ask that about the marine who was held in mexico while obozo did nothing?

Liminal

did you ask that about the marine who was held in mexico while obozo did nothing?
Yeah, did you?

Stupid, idiotic comparison.

nope, its perfectly valid. Why all the effort to get the deserter back and zero effort to get the marine or the minister?

Probably because neither of them were prisoners of war. The 'marine' you speak of isn't. He's out of the service and has been for a decade. He went to Iran as a tourist. He was arrested for spying and charged under civilian court in Iran.

While Army Seargant Bergdahl was active duty military deployed on a tour in Iraq when he was abducted.

You may not be able to glean the difference. But a rational person could.

The issue is that the trade for Bergahl was a bad deal, the US got out negotiated by a bunch or radical muslim assholes. THAT IS THE ISSUE.

The issue is that your comparison was blithering nonsense. The 'marine' wasn't a marine, nor had been since 2005. He wasn't abducted from the field of battle, he was arrested on a TOURIST visa for spying.

While Army Seargant Bergdahl was activity duty on a tour overseas when he was abducted and held.

As for your 'bad deal', the 'Taliban 5' are still in Qatar. There is no evidence that they're engaged in any terrorist activity since release. Worse, we have no authority to hold someone without charges or trial for 10 years as we did we these 5. They were never recognized as prisoners of war, they were never charged with any crime, they were never convicted of any crime, nor are we even fighting in Afghanistan.

We had no authority to hold them. And doing so violated our own laws, our values, our international agreements, and our own constitution. And don't bother trying to argue that the constitution didn't apply to them. The USSC already ruled that it did.

So you want to release all of the gitmo prisoners? so does obama. why hasn't he done it? Just declare all of them innocent and let them go. Then apologize to the taliban, al qaeda, and ISIS and send them each 5 billion dollars. You libs have no idea how this world really works.

The entire world is laughing at us and the fool that you put in the whitehouse.
Nah, the only ones laughing in the world or rather....crying about the deal are those in the right wing who HATE their President, it's plain as day....that you all will make a mountain out of a mole hill about anything and everything Obama.

Tell me something Red, if the last POW the USA had was not Bergdahl and had not walked away before capture,

WOULD you still be bitching and whining about the 5 Taliban men Transferred out of GITMO in to the custody of Qatar for his release?

Would you not have made the deal? Would you have left him there and not made the trade...? Would these 5 Taliban men really have been worth more to you in captivity than bringing an American POW home?

Last edited:
nope, its perfectly valid. Why all the effort to get the deserter back and zero effort to get the marine or the minister?

Probably because neither of them were prisoners of war. The 'marine' you speak of isn't. He's out of the service and has been for a decade. He went to Iran as a tourist. He was arrested for spying and charged under civilian court in Iran.

While Army Seargant Bergdahl was active duty military deployed on a tour in Iraq when he was abducted.

The issue is that the trade for Bergahl was a bad deal, the US got out negotiated by a bunch or radical muslim assholes. THAT IS THE ISSUE.

The issue is that your comparison was blithering nonsense. The 'marine' wasn't a marine, nor had been since 2005. He wasn't abducted from the field of battle, he was arrested on a TOURIST visa for spying.

While Army Seargant Bergdahl was activity duty on a tour overseas when he was abducted and held.

As for your 'bad deal', the 'Taliban 5' are still in Qatar. There is no evidence that they're engaged in any terrorist activity since release. Worse, we have no authority to hold someone without charges or trial for 10 years as we did we these 5. They were never recognized as prisoners of war, they were never charged with any crime, they were never convicted of any crime, nor are we even fighting in Afghanistan.

We had no authority to hold them. And doing so violated our own laws, our values, our international agreements, and our own constitution. And don't bother trying to argue that the constitution didn't apply to them. The USSC already ruled that it did.

So you want to release all of the gitmo prisoners? so does obama. why hasn't he done it? Just declare all of them innocent and let them go. Then apologize to the taliban, al qaeda, and ISIS and send them each 5 billion dollars. You libs have no idea how this world really works.

Nah, the only ones laughing in the world or rather....crying about the deal are those in the right wing who HATE their President, it's plain as day....that you all will make a mountain out of a mole hill about anything and everything Obama.

Tell me something Red, if the last POW the USA had was not Bergdahl and had not walked away before capture,

WOULD you still be bitching and whining about the 5 Taliban men Transferred out of GITMO in to the custody of Qatar for his release?

Would you not have made the deal? Would you have left him there and not made the trade...? Would these 5 Taliban men really have been worth more to you in captivity than bringing an American POW home?

Awwwww, did I hurt your widdle feewings?

Would I have made the deal? NO. Neither would any previous president, including Carter. For 5 terrorist leaders we should have gotten at least 5 americans or other western prisoners. 5 for 1 is a terrible deal. The radical muslims terrorists out negotiated Obama and made the US look foolish and weak.

All this bullshit sympathy towards a proven deserter and possible traitor is nothing but left wing bleeding heart stupidity.

Yes, we should do everything we can to bring all american prisoners home, both military and civilian. But making this bad deal sets a bad precedent that will make the next one much harder.

Would I have made the deal? NO. Neither would any previous president, including Carter. For 5 terrorist leaders we should have gotten at least 5 americans or other western prisoners. 5 for 1 is a terrible deal. The radical muslims terrorists out negotiated Obama and made the US look foolish and weak.

All this bullshit sympathy towards a proven deserter and possible traitor is nothing but left wing bleeding heart stupidity.

Yes, we should do everything we can to bring all american prisoners home, both military and civilian. But making this bad deal sets a bad precedent that will make the next one much harder.
OHHHHHHH, so NOW they are 5 terrorist leaders and not 5 Taliban leaders? Make up your mind.

It isn't Liberal bleeding hearts...it's every General in the Military that has said our protocol is to LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND, ALLEDGED deserter or not.

THE POLICY and PROTOCOL is not for civilians, it is for the military only.

In your own words, can you tell me a little bit about each of these 5 TALIBAN men and why you would not transfer each one to Qatar captivity and what makes them different from the near thousand Gitmo prisoners that have been transferred or released so far from Gitmo?

OHHHHHHH, so NOW they are 5 terrorist leaders and not 5 Taliban leaders? Make up your mind.

It isn't Liberal bleeding hearts...it's every General in the Military that has said our protocol is to LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND, ALLEDGED deserter or not.

In your own words, can you tell me a little bit about each of these 5 TALIBAN men and why you would not transfer each one to Qatar captivity and what makes them different from the near thousand Gitmo prisoners that have been transferred or released so far from Gitmo?

terrorist and taliban are synonomous. "transfer to Qatar" are you really that naive?

there is nothing wrong with the policy of leaving no man behind, that is what our military has always done.

But this was a bad deal-------why can't you see that?

terrorist and taliban are synonomous. "transfer to Qatar" are you really that naive?

there is nothing wrong with the policy of leaving no man behind, that is what our military has always done.

read the bios of the 5 Tailban that CNN had done a closer look at a few years ago, when they had first heard about the deal that was in the making but a year before the deal was done and the firestorm started. One out of the 5 seems like once he is let go from being held in Qatar, he could become trouble for us...IF we were still in Afghanistan when and if he gets released. The other 4, if memory serves me, didn't seem like they were big guns at all within the Taliban, more like small time tribal Lords of sorts........

AND NONE of these 5 guys were picked up on the battlefield in Afghanistan...NOT A ONE of them were fighting against us when they were captured.

They were captured by the Northern Alliance and then turned over to us and they were turned over for MONEY that we were paying....I believe....? And on top of this, the Northern Alliance had bones to pick with these dudes from near decade earlier when they were warring against each other....

None of them admitted to being 'high up' with the Taliban under all of their decade plus, of interrogation and probably enhanced interrogation as well... we have no evidence at all on the 4 of them to even go to trial against them for any reason at all....so it boils down to one of the five....and even the 5th one, we as a Nation have nothing to try him on....the UN might or others with grievances, but we don't...he was not on the battlefield against us.

IN ADDITION to all of this, the deal began with wanting 16 Taliban released and it ended up being 5....that means with that alone, the deal was working in our favor...

AND we have been releasing or transferring hundreds of Gitmo prisoners since President Bush was in office...500 of them under president bush alone, and hundreds since....we are working to close GITMO, that has been a goal of this President, and this works towards that goal as well....

When troops pull out of Afghanistan, we can no longer just keep these prisoners there...we HAVE TO TRANSFER or RELEASE or bring them to TRIAL...these guys were on their way out regardless, within a couple of years.... why not get an American Soldier in return...?

I haven't taken this lightly, and have spent some time researching as much as I could find on it...it was not an easy task shuffling through the bull shit articles, but I still stand where I have been....

This was not a rotten deal...it served its purpose.

read the bios of the 5 Tailban that CNN had done a closer look at a few years ago, when they had first heard about the deal that was in the making but a year before the deal was done and the firestorm started. One out of the 5 seems like once he is let go from being held in Qatar, he could become trouble for us...IF we were still in Afghanistan when and if he gets released. The other 4, if memory serves me, didn't seem like they were big guns at all within the Taliban, more like small time tribal Lords of sorts........

AND NONE of these 5 guys were picked up on the battlefield in Afghanistan...NOT A ONE of them were fighting against us when they were captured.

They were captured by the Northern Alliance and then turned over to us and they were turned over for MONEY that we were paying....I believe....? And on top of this, the Northern Alliance had bones to pick with these dudes from near decade earlier when they were warring against each other....

None of them admitted to being 'high up' with the Taliban under all of their decade plus, of interrogation and probably enhanced interrogation as well... we have no evidence at all on the 4 of them to even go to trial against them for any reason at all....so it boils down to one of the five....and even the 5th one, we as a Nation have nothing to try him on....the UN might or others with grievances, but we don't...he was not on the battlefield against us.

IN ADDITION to all of this, the deal began with wanting 16 Taliban released and it ended up being 5....that means with that alone, the deal was working in our favor...

AND we have been releasing or transferring hundreds of Gitmo prisoners since President Bush was in office...500 of them under president bush alone, and hundreds since....we are working to close GITMO, that has been a goal of this President, and this works towards that goal as well....

When troops pull out of Afghanistan, we can no longer just keep these prisoners there...we HAVE TO TRANSFER or RELEASE or bring them to TRIAL...these guys were on their way out regardless, within a couple of years.... why not get an American Soldier in return...?

I haven't taken this lightly, and have spent some time researching as much as I could find on it...it was not an easy task shuffling through the bull shit articles, but I still stand where I have been....

This was not a rotten deal...it served its purpose.

total BS. We have no obligation to release prisoners of war until the war is over. Has radical islam surrendered yet?

Yes, we have been releasing some from Gitmo for years. After we have learned what we could from them and determined that each of them did not present a definite future risk to america lives---even though 30% of them have returned to terrorist activities after being released.

Obozo and the pentagon knew what Bergdahl was before the deal was made. They thought they could get a PR bump from it and it backfired because the american people are not as stupid as obama thinks they are (you may be the exception to that).

Forum List

Back