Hillary Clinton: How Bergdahl disappeared 'doesn't matter'

Hillary's right. We bring our guys home, and it doesn't matter what they did .... until they get home. Then, if they're dirty, we punish them. We don't let our guys help the enemy, and we sure don't let other countries decide what happens to our guys.

I dont mind bringing them home to prosecute them. I do mind giving up five top level taliban for a guy we knew was a traitor.
The usual RW lynch mob...how bout letting the LAW do its job, and letting the facts come out, rather than knee jerk GOP hate talk..
Fuck you, we didn't here a peep about letting the law do its job when the Left was calling for a lynching of Darren Wilson.

Maybe the military needs a review board of some type to decide which POW's should be brought home and which one's to leave behind? We left prisoners in Korea because they elected to stay, so maybe that equation should be added to the mix. We could require American POW's to fill out a questionnaire first before we bring them back, and then we get to vote. Damn that would be fun for board members.
Millions were spent to bring home our dead, perhaps that needs a review too?

you are talking about loyal american soldiers, not deserters and traitors. There is a huge difference. In any other country, Bergdahl would already have been executed.

So you support the US government having summarily declared Bergdahl a deserter, without due process, and left him at the mercy of the enemy,

despite his guilt or innocence never being properly determined?

lol. right.
Fuck you too.

Where were you when Darren Wilson was being convicted by the HANDS UP DON'T SHOOT lie?

America is not any other country, and one of the things that makes us different is our legal system, military and civilian. Only one soldier was executed for desertion in WWII, private Eddie Slovik, so I wonder what the chances are of Bergdahl being executed?

Did slovik join the enemy? THINK
No, Slovik was found guilty of desertion, what has Bergdahl been found guilty of?

Seems the consensus is that we should have abandoned an American prisoner to the enemy on suspicion alone. More proof conservatives despise due process.

Suspicion? He had his sergeant mail all his stuff home and walked off his post. No suspicion there. It is called desertion in the military I served in. What is it called in the military you served in?

Maybe the military needs a review board of some type to decide which POW's should be brought home and which one's to leave behind? We left prisoners in Korea because they elected to stay, so maybe that equation should be added to the mix. We could require American POW's to fill out a questionnaire first before we bring them back, and then we get to vote. Damn that would be fun for board members.

you are talking about loyal american soldiers, not deserters and traitors. There is a huge difference. In any other country, Bergdahl would already have been executed.

So you support the US government having summarily declared Bergdahl a deserter, without due process, and left him at the mercy of the enemy,

despite his guilt or innocence never being properly determined?

lol. right.

George Zimmerman and Darren Wilson would completely agree with you.

he was in the hands of the enemy by his choice. he was a deserter the moment he left his unit and went to the other side. There is no court hearing needed to determine that. The only purpose of the court marshall is to determine his punishment, his guilt is established.

I think I'll wait for the movie.

I never knew the UCMJ has a guilty until proven innocent system of justice. fascinating.

I'm willing to bet it doesn't.

Certainly, Pub dupe. Taliban is an enemy in a war- he was a POW. ISIS is a terrorist group, grabbing civilians for money, .
The Taliban are terrorists you retard.
Not according to US and Afghan gov'ts or the UN, brainwashed, our way or the highway, functional moron. Unlike Al-Qaeda, ISIS, etc etc, they haven't gone after civilians outside Afghanistan, and WERE the Afghan gov't before 2003...
Another Taliban Enabler... go play in traffic or sumfin', wll ya?
So sorry about confronting your blind hate and ignorance...
Blah, blah, blah, endless phukking blah... better to muster the courage to name a foreign enemy rather than hate your own kind and blame your own people for everything.
They're an enemy alright, but don't fit the definition of terrorists...get that yet? They're about 20% of Afghanis and we're trying to calm down their brainwashed fundie asses so we can negotiate with them, just like your loonie Tea Party...

Hillary's right. We bring our guys home, and it doesn't matter what they did .... until they get home. Then, if they're dirty, we punish them. We don't let our guys help the enemy, and we sure don't let other countries decide what happens to our guys.

I dont mind bringing them home to prosecute them. I do mind giving up five top level taliban for a guy we knew was a traitor.
The usual RW lynch mob...how bout letting the LAW do its job, and letting the facts come out, rather than knee jerk GOP hate talk..
Fuck you, we didn't here a peep about letting the law do its job when the Left was calling for a lynching of Darren Wilson.
BS, hater dupe. They at worst wanted him arrested so the facts would come out at trial. Ignorant, violent lynch mobs are RW all the way. Very mature answer lol.

Seems the consensus is that we should have abandoned an American prisoner to the enemy on suspicion alone. More proof conservatives despise due process.

Suspicion? He had his sergeant mail all his stuff home and walked off his post. No suspicion there. It is called desertion in the military I served in. What is it called in the military you served in?
According to the bought Pub Propaganda service lol...Same thing with "joining up with the Taliban"...Idiocy and lynch mob mentality from the "no compromise, un-American TP GOP (TIME)...

Good thing his sergeant wasn't suspicious. Actually, the first call was AWOL.

...They're an enemy alright, but don't fit the definition of terrorists...get that yet?...
Well I'll be goddamned... Francis actually naming an enemy of the United States AS an enemy... somebody call Guiness ! I, for one, never named the Taliban as terrorists, but I name them as a (former) ruling clique in Afghanistan that sympathized with al-Qaeda and who provided training bases and operational support and political cover and shelter for al-Qaeda; an operational partner of terrorists, so, our colleague's mis-categorization of AQ as 'terrorists' is both understandable and fairly close to actually being accurate.

...They're about 20% of Afghanis and we're trying to calm down their brainwashed fundie asses so we can negotiate with them...
You dumb-asses on the extreme Left continue operating under the delusion that it is possible to 'negotiate' with a (former) ruling clique that beheads people in sports stadiums and dynamites priceless 2500-year-old Buddist monument-statuary and refuses schooling to little girls and that partners with and shelters sl-Qaeda and its slimy ilk.

Newsflash: you (collectively) are delusional. The only good Taliban is a dead Taliban. Any treaty they sign holds the same value as a roll of cheap toilet paper. Gullible fools.

...just like your loonie Tea Party...
It's not 'my' loonie Tea Party. I respect a great many of their founding principles and actually cheered their appearance and early-days successes, some years ago, but they've long-since been hijacked by elements of the extreme Right, which is damned-near as bad as you extreme Leftists, so I avoid them almost as energetically as I do loonie Leftists.

...Actually, the first call was AWOL.
I don't believe that signifies... I don't believe that means much of anything.

It's been a long time, but, if memory serves correctly, then, the 'first call' is almost always AWOL.

It's intended to be a controlled evaluation process... given the 'capital' nature of the offense.

It doesn't 'escalate' or 'graduate' to 'desertion' until much later (I seem to remember something about 21 or 25 days, although uncertain), in virtually all circumstances.

Somebody else around here may be able to shed more light on that 'escalation' process, but, the point here being, a 'first call' of AWOL doesn't mean much of anything, by itself.

Sadly, the HildaBeast has a very good chance of being our next president because many do not hold her accountable, after all, she is Hillary. In fact, her main qualification for being president is that she is "Hillary".

Good thing his sergeant wasn't suspicious. Actually, the first call was AWOL.

That is true, however:
"The offense of Desertion, under Article 85, carries a much greater punishment, than the offense of AWOL, under Article 86. Many people believe that if one is absent without authority for greater than 30 days, the offense changes from AWOL to Desertion, but that's not quite true.

The primary difference between the two offenses is "intent to remain away permanently." If one intends to return to "military control," one is guilty of "AWOL,”
under Article 86, not Desertion, under Article 85, even if they were away for ten years. The confusion derives from the fact that, if a member is absent without authority for longer than 30 days, the government (court-martial) is allowed to assume there was no intent to return. Therefore, the burden of proof that the accused intended to someday return to "military control" lies with the defense."

...Actually, the first call was AWOL.
I don't believe that signifies... I don't believe that means much of anything.

It's been a long time, but, if memory serves correctly, then, the 'first call' is almost always AWOL.

It's intended to be a controlled evaluation process... given the 'capital' nature of the offense.

It doesn't 'escalate' or 'graduate' to 'desertion' until much later (I seem to remember something about 21 or 25 days, although uncertain), in virtually all circumstances.

Somebody else around here may be able to shed more light on that 'escalation' process, but, the point here being, a 'first call' of AWOL doesn't mean much of anything, by itself.

Here is the escalation process.

"The primary difference between the two offenses is "intent to remain away permanently." If one intends to return to "military control," one is guilty of "AWOL,”
under Article 86, not Desertion, under Article 85, even if they were away for ten years. The confusion derives from the fact that, if a member is absent without authority for longer than 30 days, the government (court-martial) is allowed to assume there was no intent to return. Therefore, the burden of proof that the accused intended to someday return to "military control" lies with the defense.

America is not any other country, and one of the things that makes us different is our legal system, military and civilian. Only one soldier was executed for desertion in WWII, private Eddie Slovik, so I wonder what the chances are of Bergdahl being executed?

slim and none, but life in prison would be appropriate. 6 american soldiers died trying to recover him, if he had not deserted they would still be alive.

Not according to US and Afghan gov'ts or the UN, brainwashed, our way or the highway, functional moron. Unlike Al-Qaeda, ISIS, etc etc, they haven't gone after civilians outside Afghanistan, and WERE the Afghan gov't before 2003...
Blah, blah, blah, endless phukking blah... better to muster the courage to name a foreign enemy rather than hate your own kind and blame your own people for everything.

makes you wonder who Obama's "own people" are doesn't it? Everything the guy has done internationally has hurt the USA and helped our enemies.

makes ME wonder why context means NOTHING to RW's ..

"context". the guy deserted, joined the enemy, said he hated the USA, 6 americans died trying to get him back i.e. save him. The context is very very clear.

makes you wonder who Obama's "own people" are doesn't it? Everything the guy has done internationally has hurt the USA and helped our enemies.

"context". the guy deserted, joined the enemy, said he hated the USA, 6 americans died trying to get him back i.e. save him. The context is very very clear.
He is a hero to Obama and the Left.

That will never change.

That will never change.

Right, obama got a body rub from his mom in the rose garden so all is well.

According to what bought off, lying POS RW a-hole pundit, hater dupe?

That will never change.
The hell he is, dingbat dupe lynch mob twit lol.

Forum List

Back