Hey y'all!

Greetings and welcome :) East Tennessee is beautiful country. I live in WV and have dipped into E. TN when I've driven to W. NC....incredible mountains :)

The mods here do an excellant job at pest control (squashing bugs), but every now and then a flea slips by and causes out of control itching :)

You trying to tell me something?

Welcome fellow conservative!
Im sorry to hear your from tennessee, them Vols can't hang with the gators
=P
Can't wait to hear some of your views!!

Shane

The VOLS haven't been able to hang with much of anybody for the last few years....but I believe the paradigm has shifted this year...We did pretty good with some pretty tough teams, call it "moral victory" (har) and we are very young so I look for good things. My favorite game was this last week we beat SC and got to see Mr. Spurrier wince again. For some reason I take great pleasure in that screwed up face he makes when things aren't going his way!

Tim Tebow is a wonderful young man and I am sure he will go very far in life.

Greetings and welcome :) East Tennessee is beautiful country. I live in WV and have dipped into E. TN when I've driven to W. NC....incredible mountains :)

The mods here do an excellant job at pest control (squashing bugs), but every now and then a flea slips by and causes out of control itching :)

Coyote, is that a CHEETOH? How funny!

Welcome Vols Fan.

You will love me, since I love Peyton Manning, the Pride and Joy of UT.

Let's hope you too are a COLTS fan, I need some more on here to counter-attack all those evil Pats fans.

Coyote, is that a CHEETOH? How funny!

I'm not Coyote, I'm MountainMan.
Why yes, yes it is a cheeto

Welcome Vols Fan.

You will love me, since I love Peyton Manning, the Pride and Joy of UT.

Let's hope you too are a COLTS fan, I need some more on here to counter-attack all those evil Pats fans.

OMG! I love you already!!! LOL!!

What can you say about Peyton -- I believe if he were to decide to, he could easily convert us all to whatever he decided to name his cult! LOL! He really is my hero, and yes, the Colts are my favorite pro team! I can't believe its already been 12 years since he left, though....That makes me feel OLDer than I already do! It is so funny, but here in the Knoxville area there are thousands of children (boys and girls both) named Peyton, and all kinds of animals were named Peyton, streets, buildings, whatever.....

Obviously the Titans are my second fav, but only because they are here in TN and the coach is a stone fox (I know, that's shallow as can be, but what can I say?)

Welcome RockyTopLady,

Sorry for your Great Loss! How would you like posters to address you, Rocky; Lady; Top; or Mi-Mi.

Any of the above will be fine....."T" is my nickname to friends and family (my "real" name is Teresa) so I've been "T" for as long as I can remember. Thanks for the welcome!

Just put your cheeto down and quietly back away.....

Just put your cheeto down and quietly back away.....

No.

welcome! Sorry for your loss, don't ever want to imagine losing my son.
I also had a friend who spent many summers building homes in the Tenn. mountains for the poor, not sure exactly where.
Hope you enjoy it here.

About a month ago I stumbled in to this place and I have spent the last month "lurking" and getting to know everyone. I have decided to make it official and step out into the light!

A quick intro: I am a 47 year old married woman. I was born and raised in East Tennessee, in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. I am a Christian Conservative, but I won't try to force either onto you. I am "Mi-Mi" to one precious granddaughter who is 6.

I am the mother of one son. He was born 7/4/83, and I had him for 23 years and 11 months. He drowned 6/4/2007 at the Sinks in the GSMNP. I am still trying to learn to live in this new "normal" and I learn something new about grief every day.

I am relatively new to political debate and I look forward to learning from each of you in the political arena. I have many interests and opinions, and I look forward to getting to know each of you!

Thank you to whoever established this site for everyone to come and discuss so many different topics. What a wonderful place!

Thank YOU for having a normal intro, and not trying to see how many people you can piss off in one fell swoop! :D

Welcome, "T"! A very sincere welcome.

asaratis

...and ditto what Dis said. It is refreshing.

Forum List

Back