Hey y'all!

Rocky Top Lady

Life is Good!
Nov 6, 2009
East Tennessee
About a month ago I stumbled in to this place and I have spent the last month "lurking" and getting to know everyone. I have decided to make it official and step out into the light!

A quick intro: I am a 47 year old married woman. I was born and raised in East Tennessee, in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. I am a Christian Conservative, but I won't try to force either onto you. I am "Mi-Mi" to one precious granddaughter who is 6.

I am the mother of one son. He was born 7/4/83, and I had him for 23 years and 11 months. He drowned 6/4/2007 at the Sinks in the GSMNP. I am still trying to learn to live in this new "normal" and I learn something new about grief every day.

I am relatively new to political debate and I look forward to learning from each of you in the political arena. I have many interests and opinions, and I look forward to getting to know each of you!

Thank you to whoever established this site for everyone to come and discuss so many different topics. What a wonderful place!

Welcome. Sorry to hear about the loss of your son. :(

You might like it here.

You probably know me. My name is xotoxi.

I'm generally thought of as the best poster on USMB.

(A hint for you: anyone who disagrees with the above statement...they're a liar and you can disavow anything that they ever say.)

You might like it here.

(A hint for you: anyone who disagrees with the above statement...they're a liar and you can disavow anything that they ever say.)

Don't mind the X-man, he is pretty funny and relatively harmless.... every family as dysfunctional as ours has at least one.

Welcome to the sandbox!!

Hi and welcome. I lived in Maryville/Alcoa in the mid-70's. Spent many many days in the Smokies! :D

Yes, the waters there can be treacherous. I almost drowned swimming to a waterfall. So sorry about your son.

Welcome aboard.

My condolences on the loss of your son. I cannot even imagine the path you've been down. I can't imagine trying to adjust to a "new normal" like the one you're adjusting to.

I wish there was something I could do or say to make things right for you, but the only thing that would do that would be to give you your son back, and that simply is not within my power. If it were, it would have been done long, long ago.

*hugs*

Jeny

You might like it here.

OMG.....funniest post of the day! :clap2:

hi i am in western nc...blue ridge...nice to see ya neighbor...froggy is close to ya too...

dont mind xox....he needs lots of attention is all....

hope you enjoy this board....

hi i am in western nc...blue ridge...nice to see ya neighbor...froggy is close to ya too...

dont mind xox....he needs lots of attention is all....

hope you enjoy this board....

Are you anywhere near Cullowhee? Or Waynesboro?

Ex husband went to WCU and MIL lives in Waynesboro. Thats' beautiful country up there....especially this time of year! :D

Welcome RockyTopLady,

Sorry for your Great Loss! How would you like posters to address you, Rocky; Lady; Top; or Mi-Mi.

Welcome fellow conservative!
Im sorry to hear your from tennessee, them Vols can't hang with the gators
=P
Can't wait to hear some of your views!!

Shane

About a month ago I stumbled in to this place and I have spent the last month "lurking" and getting to know everyone. I have decided to make it official and step out into the light!

A quick intro: I am a 47 year old married woman. I was born and raised in East Tennessee, in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. I am a Christian Conservative, but I won't try to force either onto you. I am "Mi-Mi" to one precious granddaughter who is 6.

I am the mother of one son. He was born 7/4/83, and I had him for 23 years and 11 months. He drowned 6/4/2007 at the Sinks in the GSMNP. I am still trying to learn to live in this new "normal" and I learn something new about grief every day.

I am relatively new to political debate and I look forward to learning from each of you in the political arena. I have many interests and opinions, and I look forward to getting to know each of you!

Thank you to whoever established this site for everyone to come and discuss so many different topics. What a wonderful place!

I don't have kids but I can't even imagine.

Greetings and welcome :) East Tennessee is beautiful country. I live in WV and have dipped into E. TN when I've driven to W. NC....incredible mountains :)

The mods here do an excellant job at pest control (squashing bugs), but every now and then a flea slips by and causes out of control itching :)

Greetings and welcome :) East Tennessee is beautiful country. I live in WV and have dipped into E. TN when I've driven to W. NC....incredible mountains :)

The mods here do an excellant job at pest control (squashing bugs), but every now and then a flea slips by and causes out of control itching :)

It is very beautiful country!

Forum List

Back