Help requested. Child in debt.

i have good credit...am not a kid....they raised mine to 22 %.....i said no thank you...i was lucky ...i had taken advantage of a lock in rate....so they have to honor the old rate but the card is no longer useable.

tell her to default on the fuckers.....its simply usery....loan sharks couldnt do it....why can credit card companies?

Screw them and their jacked-up interest rates.

That girl did not rack up debt at 29% she borrowed money at 9%.

Screw the myth of your credit ratings, too.

Basically what you people are saying is that you need to cozy up to parasites to make it in America.

You think this credit industry is a good thing? Not anymore it isn't .

The sooner Americans stop giving a shit about this parasitic industry (and their fucking credit ratings) the sooner this nation gets back control over its own finances.

These people are monsters and the industry they work for should be put out of business entirely.

Good advice but not relevent to this girl's problems, or for that matter most Americans...NOW

Perhaps she was being very sensible when she borrowed at 9%. You don't really know, do you? But what we DO KNOW is that she borrowed at one rate of interest and they're now charging her a late > 300% of that rate she agreed to vborrow at.

How nice for them that they can go this legally.

And the fact that they can do this is a freaking crime against the working class.

This is just one example of that class war which many of you, apparently, don't think exists.

I don't give a fuck why it was raised. It's wrong to lend at one rate and them demand that the debt be paid back at another.

It's immoral to allow that to be legal.

And credit cards are a useful tool, not for buying stuff you can't afford but rather for establishing a financial standing that you can use to your benefit later on.

Yeah, that's how it USED TO WROK, I quite agree.

But now, the credit industry is no longer a good thing, it's a parasitic industry which bribed our congress to allow them to basically STEAL from their clients.

I sincerely hope this girl declares bankripsy and that she finds a sympathetic judge who discharges every cent of her debts.

Fuck the credit card industry.

They're nothing but gangsters now.

then maybe she should have read the contract. The disclaimer clearly states that interest rates are not fixed and that late payments automatically jump the interest rates up.

Caveat Emptor

She had never missed a payment. She simply called the Credit Card company asking if she could have a reduced minimum payment amount because of her situation. The next thing that she knew was that they raised her interest rates to 29%. I have her statements. She was responsible and asked for special consideration because of her predicament.

I feel like going to war.

If some man brought this great of an injustice to me, I'd fire on him in a second.

This girl (That is what she still looks like to me.) is just a child that the Credit Card Company (Chase) is trying to rip off with that jacked up 29% rate. That is the type of stuff that invites payback in like kind. PBIAMF!

She had never missed a payment. She simply called the Credit Card company asking if she could have a reduced minimum payment amount because of her situation. The next thing that she knew was that they raised her interest rates to 29%. I have her statements. She was responsible and asked for special consideration because of her predicament.

If some man brought this great of an injustice to me, I'd fire on him in a second.

This girl (That is what she still looks like to me.) is just a child that the Credit Card Company (Chase) is trying to rip off with that jacked up 29% rate. That is the type of stuff that invites payback in like kind. PBIAMF!

Yeah this is right up there with the civil rights movement

Screw them and their jacked-up interest rates.

That girl did not rack up debt at 29% she borrowed money at 9%.

Screw the myth of your credit ratings, too.

Basically what you people are saying is that you need to cozy up to parasites to make it in America.

You think this credit industry is a good thing? Not anymore it isn't .

The sooner Americans stop giving a shit about this parasitic industry (and their fucking credit ratings) the sooner this nation gets back control over its own finances.

These people are monsters and the industry they work for should be put out of business entirely.

I very seldom agree with anything you say, but I agree with this.

However, she will get garnished if she does nothing. Why did nobody counsel her regarding the idiocy of using a credit card for day-to-day living expenses?

Time to call a journalist.
Actually, I have found that there are lots of stories like this out there already. No, journalists can do nothing for her. I think it is time for some mud and rock throwing.
Broken windows are more effective than newspaper stories. Now, I know why the inner cities are so prone to riots. The people honestly feel that the system is corrupt, so "Burn Baby Burn" makes a lot of sense.

capitol one is the one that raised my rate but que surprise i have nothing on the card...

chase raised my rates....i had a locked in rate for a transfer....the choice....they cancell your use of the card or you pay the higher percentage...so i cancelled and just am paying off the card at the old rate

now here is what they are doing...your credit card score is figured weirdly.....if i have a card worth 25 k...and i only use 2 k....its a good rating...if i have a card worth 500 bucks and use 400 that is a bad rating...i dont fully get it but its based on the amount of credit you can max out and the amount you have used...the percentage.

I understand how frustrated you must be. Capitalism is great unless you are gettin rolled under it.

However, if it can't be easily remedied with same discussion and cool heads, then she should just pay it off and take all the extra money that she ended up having to pay as a learning experience.

I'm sure it will take her a little time to pay it off, and she will have to work a little harder or go out to eat or to the movies a less than she'd like. But I bet that she is going to be very successful in her life and this episode will be nothing more than a spot in the rearview mirror and a great "this is what happened to me when I was your age" story for her to tell her kids.

I find it rather frightening that such a wacko has raised 37 foster kids.

How does one "raise" 37 kids?

Do you supposed he trained them to throw rocks and riot? Because that is apparently his answer to this.

No wonder the girl is clueless.

I didn't read through all the posts so if this was suggested already, never mind.

Can she open - or does she have - another credit card that is offering a 'zero balance transfer' special? She could transfer the balance of the high interest credit card to the zero balance card. Close out the old card and do not use the new card at all. She should take whatever job she can get and start paying as much as she can on the card while there is no interest, with the goal to pay off as much as possible by the time the offer runs out, then pay off the remaining balance of the card as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Do you supposed he trained them to throw rocks and riot? Because that is apparently his answer to this.

No wonder the girl is clueless.
That is funny. Actually, she is an honor student. The bank through which she was receiving her student loans was one that collapsed and with that collapse the final few months of payments were not paid to her. SO, she paid for her necessities with the Credit card thinking that she would get a job right out of college and pay off the few thousands she ran up on the card. Unfortunately, she has not landed a full time job because of the economic Depression/Recession we are in.

I raised 32 Foster children in addition to my own eight. I have never taught them to throw stones and riot, but I do understand people who are so frustrated that they see that as the only way to fight back against a heartless system. You on the other hand would probably say that it was perfectly justified to shoot the rioters dead in the streets. Do you favor capital punishment for misdemeanors?

I contacted an old friend and he offered her a $61,000 a year job in Alaska. That should take care of her problem in short order.

I contacted an old friend and he offered her a $61,000 a year job in Alaska. That should take care of her problem in short order.

Yeah...most Alaskan jobs offering $61,000 a year are pretty solid jobs.

dead.jpg

Forum List

Back