i before e except sometimes c

Okay..thanks. That is now going to bug me...and bug me..:lol:

'Isn't it i before e except AFTER c'? I don't think the above chant will help him. :razz:

image_1_2508.jpg

I just don't use words with ie/ei.

Far simpler. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
from another refugee.

I've gotten a little tired of the Edited and managed to find my way here.

I'm going to stay low for a little while to get the lay of the land, but I look forward to a place where I don't have to walk on rice paper with the expectation of not leaving any trace.

I've been lurking on and off for a while now, and it looks like this may be the place.

I'm amazed how many people I recognize.

Welcome to the land of non-edits!

How do you unsubscribe from threads permanently?

Every time I post something I have to unsubscribe?

Go to 'Thread Tools' and click on "Unsubscribe"

And welcome to the USMB.
We can put your i before e except sometimes c if you would like us to do this, or you can leave it this way. It's a good conversation peice, er piece if you leave it this way anyway! :D

Thanks.
If the offer still stands next week when I get my new glasses Rx maybe I'll take you up on it.
I may be the persnickety one after I can see again.:lol:

OH now I see how the thanks works.

What's up with the Rep thing?

oh and btw I'm a she

never mind about the rep question I found the post-it note

Last edited:

And welcome to the USMB.
We can put your i before e except sometimes c if you would like us to do this, or you can leave it this way. It's a good conversation peice, er piece if you leave it this way anyway! :D

Thanks.
If the offer still stands next week when I get my new glasses Rx maybe I'll take you up on it.

Rep is something I, and others, like to give to new members who come in and introduce themselves and show they have a sense of humor, like you! :D

Glad you decided to join the USMB!

And welcome to the USMB.

Thanks.

come look here

http://www.usmessageboard.com/echo-zulus-rep-fest-zone/154548-duh-question.html

from another refugee.

I'm going to stay low for a little while to get the lay of the land, but I look forward to a place where I don't have to walk on rice paper with the expectation of not leaving any trace.

I've been lurking on and off for a while now, and it looks like this may be the place.

Well, your name is rather appropriate then........

Welcome!

If it was spelled correctly.

Uuuummmmmm, I think your spell checker needs an upgrade, ya might want to check your wireless connection, it must be down.
(It's just behind your left ear, just turn the ear lobe to open the panel......)

Cool!

This forum comes w/ a built in spell checker, do you check grammar too?
Or do I need to wait for an other self appointed?

Because I need both services.

grammarnazi-400x500.jpg

^ ^ ^ They're everywhere.

Welcome.

She is NOT joking....^^^^^ are everywhere....lurking....waiting to jump on you to show their prowess.

Welcome to the board.

pppsssttt nix with the red.

When you use the four-period ellipses, you are indicating the end of a sentence. Hence, "lurking" should be capitalized, as should "waiting." This, however, is improper grammar since you are not truly beginning a new thought and a new sentence, so your use of the four-period ellipsis is inappropriate. You should use three periods instead.

And as you now realize, my prowess is incredible, impenetrable, intolerable and impossible.

Uuuummmmmm, I think your spell checker needs an upgrade, ya might want to check your wireless connection, it must be down.
(It's just behind your left ear, just turn the ear lobe to open the panel......)
Why is it down? Do you think PEICEMEAL is spelled correctly?

Of course not, but then again quoting posts properly might be something you want to look into.
Just sayin'...............

Of course not, but then again quoting posts properly might be something you want to look into.

:lol: Back pedal much?

It is now somehow my use of quotes? Really? Because this is what you said:
your spell checker needs an upgrade

Do spell checkers somehow fix quoting errors?

Nice try, albeit WEAK. :lol:

:wtf: You can't possibly be that dense. You claimed I misspelled Piecemeal when you quoted me, not "Peicemeal". Starting to catch on now Skippy or does the window seat on the short bus still have your name on it?
(Light bulb......... duh!)

:wtf: You can't possibly be that dense. You claimed I misspelled Piecemeal when you quoted me, not "Peicemeal". Starting to catch on now Skippy or does the window seat on the short bus still have your name on it?

If you'll permit.
I took the original "If it was spelled correctly" not as a shot at you, but at me.
I took it to mean that it would be "that it would have been an appropriate name if only it had been spelled correctly"

I thought it was funny. [because it's true :lol: ] I screwed up. You looked the other way, he/she called me on it.

I thought it was a great introduction to the varied personalities on the board.

from another refugee.

Welcome!

Having said that --Carry On

:popcorn:

I claimed no such thing. :lol:

If you'll permit.
I took the original "If it was spelled correctly" not as a shot at you, but at me.
I took it to mean that it would be "that it would have been an appropriate name if only it had been spelled correctly"

I thought it was funny. [because it's true :lol: ] I screwed up. You looked the other way, he/she called me on it.

I thought it was a great introduction to the varied personalities on the board.

Welcome!

Having said that --Carry On

:popcorn:

It was a friendly razz, and I'm glad you took it as such.

I also thought, correctly, that some sweet Mod such as EZ might offer to fix it for you, which she has.

You are a cool dudette. :wink_2:

Forum List

Back