There HAS to be life on other planets..

But it seems telling that not one single radio wave from an intelligent civilization has ever been detected despite the billions of years potential alien civilizations have had to emit them and travel
Also not too surprising. The energy of the radio waves decreases exponentially over distance. We should not expect to detect radio sources like our tv/radio transmissions from a civilization in even the closest galaxy to us.

Also, did we change lanes? I was talking about life in general. We shouldn't expect any radio waves from any life that hasn't formed intelligent societies.

This and the physical restrictions on soace travel are why the Fermi Paradox isn't really a paradox at all.

Also not too surprising. The energy of the radio waves decreases exponentially over distance. We should not expect to detect radio sources like our tv/radio transmissions from a civilization in even the closest galaxy to us.

Also, did we change lanes? I was talking about life in general. We shouldn't expect any radio waves from any life that hasn't formed intelligent societies.

This and the physical restrictions on soace travel are why the Fermi Paradox isn't really a paradox at all.
Well, if the physical distances are so immense that we’ll never no one way or another, isn’t it all just speculation?

Well, if the physical distances are so immense that we’ll never no one way or another, isn’t it all just speculation?
Isn't some speculation more well based and well informed than other speculation?

Einstein used theoretical evidence to speculate the existence of black holes.

“The universe is really big” does not automatically equate to there being life outside of earth.

Maybe there is, maybe there isn’t.

All we know is that there’s been zero evidence of extraterrestrial life thus far
BULLSHIT

Complete and thorough bullshit.

My point is, human beings make God anthropomorphic because it's the only thing they understand.
If you remove all anthropomorphic content from your conception of God: you remove all content of any kind. In the end, you are left with a God whose essence is unknowable and indescribable. Of what possible value is such a conception either to philosophy or religion or mankind?

Oh boy, I see someone else.broke you before I showed up today.

Will try again tomorrow.
This is your normal MO. You offer absolutely no value whatsoever to almost any conversation you are involved in. You seek out conflict because your existence is pathetic and you think misery loves company. It doesn't. So take your childish behaviors and go make peace with your homosexuality.

This is your normal MO. You offer absolutely no value whatsoever to almost any conversation you are involved in. You seek out conflict because your existence is pathetic and you think misery loves company. It doesn't. So take your childish behaviors and go make peace with your homosexuality.
Nobody wants to hear a grown man whine.

Sorry your god isn't a shoe salesman at Kohls or something.

Then shut up.
Cry it all out.

So you're coming to the realization that the parameters you assign to your god also make him unknowable and undescribable.

This could be an important moment for you. Then you have to ruin it with a tantrum.

Cry it all out.

So you're coming to the realization that the parameters you assign to your god also make him unknowable and undescribable.

This could be an important moment for you. Then you have to ruin it with a tantrum.
The only one crying is you. You do this all the time.

Forum List

Back