Hello! I am The Progressive Patriot!

Good day ladies and gentlemen. I chose my name, the Progressive Patriot because to many conservatives seem to believe that they, and only they have the right to the mantle of “patriot.” In fact I’ve been told that it is an oxymoron.

I, however, I believe that progressives are the true patriots because of the fact that we have a vision of this country being truly great in all ways for all of our people I want America to be respected in the world as a leader in science, diplomacy, education, environmental protection and the evolving standards of human rights. I this to be a great and just country for all people, Not just the rich, not just the native born and white people, not just for heterosexuals, not just for Christians, and not just for males. FOR ALL PEOPLE. Patriotism is progress and progress is patriotism

At the time of the founding of our nation, at the time of the American Revolution, the rebels were known as the patriots. Those patriots were not content with the status quo. They wanted to move ahead, they sought to build a nation based on the ideal of freedom and democracy. Yes, they sought to throw off the yoke of an oppressive government , and yes, conservatives today-those who call themselves “patriots”-also seek to limit the influence of what they see as an oppressive government.

However, I will submit to you that today’s source of oppression is perpetrated, not by government per se, but by those forces within government as well as outside of government who seek to thwart progress, and worse, undue much of what has been accomplished in areas such as labor, civil rights, education, science and the environment. Patriotism is progress. Progress is patriotism.

Welcome to the fray --- but political rants belong in the political forums, not here.

:beer:

It does say "tell us about yourself"

Yes, and you did, but then you went all soapbox tangent derby. This is just a forum to say howdy-do. Bringing political rants in just bogs it down, and clutters your welcome wagon.

indeed we have a government that is the supression of its people and free speech form the forces both within and outside.well said. our forefathers would be horrified how the sheep are not doing anything about this facist dictatership we live in now.

I would not go so far as to call in a fascist dictatorship.
when the CIA,FBI and our corrupt government institutuions murder their citizens cause they told the truth and gave a version that exposed their lies,dont see how that is any different than russia under stalin.:lmao:

america has become the country russia was under stalin and russia has become much more like the country our forefathers meant for this country to be.sad but true.the roles have been reversed.

russia has gotten smart abandoning the fed which is why our government is trying to make them look like the bady guys when were the ones murdering innocent civilians of other countries.
That is a pretty grim view of things. Think that you would be happier in Russia?
Only not living in denial and not afraid of the truth to look at the facts like so many sheep in america are is all. Just not burying my head in the sand with the ostrich like so many other sheep here do is all.lol

Good day ladies and gentlemen. I chose my name, the Progressive Patriot because to many conservatives seem to believe that they, and only they have the right to the mantle of “patriot.” In fact I’ve been told that it is an oxymoron.

I, however, I believe that progressives are the true patriots because of the fact that we have a vision of this country being truly great in all ways for all of our people I want America to be respected in the world as a leader in science, diplomacy, education, environmental protection and the evolving standards of human rights. I this to be a great and just country for all people, Not just the rich, not just the native born and white people, not just for heterosexuals, not just for Christians, and not just for males. FOR ALL PEOPLE. Patriotism is progress and progress is patriotism

At the time of the founding of our nation, at the time of the American Revolution, the rebels were known as the patriots. Those patriots were not content with the status quo. They wanted to move ahead, they sought to build a nation based on the ideal of freedom and democracy. Yes, they sought to throw off the yoke of an oppressive government , and yes, conservatives today-those who call themselves “patriots”-also seek to limit the influence of what they see as an oppressive government.

However, I will submit to you that today’s source of oppression is perpetrated, not by government per se, but by those forces within government as well as outside of government who seek to thwart progress, and worse, undue much of what has been accomplished in areas such as labor, civil rights, education, science and the environment. Patriotism is progress. Progress is patriotism.
:thup:

funky-welcome_zpsuxbofbxs.gif

Progressive is to Patriot

As

Bruce is to Caitlyn.

Welcome anyway.
Bruce IS Caitlyn so Progressive is Patriot......see how that works?

No, Bruce thinks he's a she,but sadly, he's a dood.

See how that works?

Sadly? That Vanity Fair cover give you a chubby, Pops? :D

And welcome, Pee Pee. Is it okay if I call you Pee Pee?

You seem to have an overt attraction to "pee pee's" and "chubbys" this morning Aaronleland

Something you'd like to share with the rest of the class this morning?

:thup:

funky-welcome_zpsuxbofbxs.gif

Thank you!!

Well you're in the proper online nuthouse, you'll be in the blue wing. Put on your favorite straight jacket and jump right in....... :thup:

Well you're in the proper online nuthouse, you'll be in the blue wing. Put on your favorite straight jacket and jump right in....... :thup:

Thanks! I'm all in.

Sorry I missed welcoming you sooner.........better late than never, I say.

stock-vector-blue-smiley-face-with-a-sign-welcome-149594675.jpg

Good to see another progressive - don't get discouraged with the negativity here......there's lots of good people and you'll have fun.

Good to see another progressive - don't get discouraged with the negativity here......there's lots of good people and you'll have fun.
Thank you. I'm already having fun! There sure are some lunatics here but I can deal with them.

Thank you. I'm already having fun! There sure are some lunatics here but I can deal with them.

I'm happy to hear that.......they can be exasperating........like talking to rocks.

Couldn't agree more welcome

You aren't a patriot if you don't have a perverted spin on the constitution.

And you must be a commy if you complain when the rich take over the government that use to represent we the people. Republicans have been pushing the idea that our government is the problem? They say our gov. Is the source of the problem. Its evil and corrupt. How's that different from what Isis believes?

But jeb Gw Christie Walker rubio trump are not bad. Everything's bad about our gov. Except the anti gov. GOP who are clearly for the rich.

Even though we all know trickle down doesn't work.

Well, you can't be both.

You are either a Communist OR a Patriot.
Why do American patriots have to always love capitalism? Isn't it just another ism? Do we worship it more than God? What if capitalism gets corrupted like the other isms did?

Keep in mind capitalism isn't clearly defined. For example Obama is a capitalist, right? But not a Ron Paul free market zero regulations kind.

Truth is some things should be either gov. Regulated or socialized. Medicine, schools, police, elections, prisons, public parks, fire, gas, electric, military. And even free trade needs to be regulated.

Forum List

Back