Hello! I am The Progressive Patriot!

Good day ladies and gentlemen. I chose my name, the Progressive Patriot because to many conservatives seem to believe that they, and only they have the right to the mantle of “patriot.” In fact I’ve been told that it is an oxymoron.

I, however, I believe that progressives are the true patriots because of the fact that we have a vision of this country being truly great in all ways for all of our people I want America to be respected in the world as a leader in science, diplomacy, education, environmental protection and the evolving standards of human rights. I this to be a great and just country for all people, Not just the rich, not just the native born and white people, not just for heterosexuals, not just for Christians, and not just for males. FOR ALL PEOPLE. Patriotism is progress and progress is patriotism

At the time of the founding of our nation, at the time of the American Revolution, the rebels were known as the patriots. Those patriots were not content with the status quo. They wanted to move ahead, they sought to build a nation based on the ideal of freedom and democracy. Yes, they sought to throw off the yoke of an oppressive government , and yes, conservatives today-those who call themselves “patriots”-also seek to limit the influence of what they see as an oppressive government.

However, I will submit to you that today’s source of oppression is perpetrated, not by government per se, but by those forces within government as well as outside of government who seek to thwart progress, and worse, undue much of what has been accomplished in areas such as labor, civil rights, education, science and the environment. Patriotism is progress. Progress is patriotism.

Last edited:
indeed we have a government that is the supression of its people and free speech form the forces both within and outside.well said. our forefathers would be horrified how the sheep are not doing anything about this facist dictatership we live in now.

Care to explain that??

A patriot is one who supports and defends the Constitution of the United States.

A "progressive" AK Communist, seeks to eradicate the Constitution, starting with the bill of rights, and establish a totalitarian kleptocracy to make a "fair" system where all peasants have equal poverty.

You can be one or the other - no both. As has been pointed out by others to you, it is an oxymoron.

indeed we have a government that is the supression of its people and free speech form the forces both within and outside.well said. our forefathers would be horrified how the sheep are not doing anything about this facist dictatership we live in now.

I would not go so far as to call in a fascist dictatorship.
when the CIA,FBI and our corrupt government institutuions murder their citizens cause they told the truth and gave a version that exposed their lies,dont see how that is any different than russia under stalin.:lmao:

america has become the country russia was under stalin and russia has become much more like the country our forefathers meant for this country to be.sad but true.the roles have been reversed.

russia has gotten smart abandoning the fed which is why our government is trying to make them look like the bady guys when were the ones murdering innocent civilians of other countries.

I would not go so far as to call in a fascist dictatorship.
when the CIA,FBI and our corrupt government institutuions murder their citizens cause they told the truth and gave a version that exposed their lies,dont see how that is any different than russia under stalin.:lmao:

america has become the country russia was under stalin and russia has become much more like the country our forefathers meant for this country to be.sad but true.the roles have been reversed.

russia has gotten smart abandoning the fed which is why our government is trying to make them look like the bady guys when were the ones murdering innocent civilians of other countries.
That is a pretty grim view of things. Think that you would be happier in Russia?

Care to explain that??

A patriot is one who supports and defends the Constitution of the United States.

That would be me, dude

A "progressive" AK Communist, seeks to eradicate the Constitution, starting with the bill of rights, and establish a totalitarian kleptocracy to make a "fair" system where all peasants have equal poverty.

"progressive" AKA Communist? Seriously ? Do you own a dictionary? I want to make everyone equal in terms of wealth and property? You seem to know more about me than I know about myself

You can be one or the other - not both. As has been pointed out by others to you, it is an oxymoron.

You have some rather extreme views. By your standards, there have been a whole lot of Communist presidents starting with Teddy Roosevelt

Good day ladies and gentlemen. I chose my name, the Progressive Patriot because to many conservatives seem to believe that they, and only they have the right to the mantle of “patriot.” In fact I’ve been told that it is an oxymoron.

I, however, I believe that progressives are the true patriots because of the fact that we have a vision of this country being truly great in all ways for all of our people I want America to be respected in the world as a leader in science, diplomacy, education, environmental protection and the evolving standards of human rights. I this to be a great and just country for all people, Not just the rich, not just the native born and white people, not just for heterosexuals, not just for Christians, and not just for males. FOR ALL PEOPLE. Patriotism is progress and progress is patriotism

At the time of the founding of our nation, at the time of the American Revolution, the rebels were known as the patriots. Those patriots were not content with the status quo. They wanted to move ahead, they sought to build a nation based on the ideal of freedom and democracy. Yes, they sought to throw off the yoke of an oppressive government , and yes, conservatives today-those who call themselves “patriots”-also seek to limit the influence of what they see as an oppressive government.

However, I will submit to you that today’s source of oppression is perpetrated, not by government per se, but by those forces within government as well as outside of government who seek to thwart progress, and worse, undue much of what has been accomplished in areas such as labor, civil rights, education, science and the environment. Patriotism is progress. Progress is patriotism.

Welcome to the fray --- but political rants belong in the political forums, not here.

:beer:

Welcome to the fray --- but political rants belong in the political forums, not here.

:beer:

It does say "tell us about yourself"

Progressive is to Patriot

As

Bruce is to Caitlyn.

Welcome anyway.
Bruce IS Caitlyn so Progressive is Patriot......see how that works?

No, Bruce thinks he's a she,but sadly, he's a dood.

See how that works?
Sounds like you need to find a thread about transgender issues

Sounds like you've figured out the same scam Bruce did. Call yourself whatever makes you feel better about yourself. Problem is, some ain't buying what you're selling.

But welcome anyway.

Forum List

Back