I'm A Charger's Fan

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I've been a Charger's fan since the 70s. But I've never been able to say to myself that I could predict what my favorite team would do in the next game. This time I was able to do it.
I knew that some of the players on the Chargers had packed it in as soon as Justin Herbert got hurt and couldn't play. They quit. That isn't a reflection so much on the players, but on the team owner. Nobody likes the Spanos family. They are tightwads and they don't take care of their players like other teams do.
I saw a facebook post from a former employee of the Chargers responding to one of my posts. A woman said she used to work for them and she had asked for a raise so she could afford a baby-sitter. They told her fck no. I've been hearing this from a lot of sources. Their facilities are always second-rate. Their travel arrangements are obviously cheap. Players that have been on teams with a good owner can spot the difference immediately.

The problem with the Chargers isn't the players, it's the ownership that refuses to pay good coaches that are in demand. They're always looking for bargains. There's a lot of good coaches that want to coach the Chargers but the Spanos family won't pay them what they want. The Chargers will never win a Super Bowl as long as a Spanos owns the team.

Coaches salaries don't effect the salary-cap. You can pay as much as you want to a good head coach or a good defensive coordinator. The Chargers don't seem to want to build a champion. So what you get is coaches that wouldn't get hired on other teams to be head coach.

What separates a good coach from a so-so coach? The ability to prepare your players for the upcoming opponent and the ability to adapt during the game to what the opponent is doing. That's how you win the close games that Brandon Staley always seems to lose. Once you have lost the trust of the players, you're toast. And that is where we're at with Brandon Staley and the Chargers organization. They have no hope....and they don't have the desire to try just a little bit more only to get the same result. A demoralizing loss to a team they should have beaten.

Staley's top defense was that he's only losing games by single digits.....so the players made sure he got blown out in the last two games. Maybe the Spanos will fire the guy, because he doesn't deserve to be a HC.

Last edited:

"Staley has been on the hot seat all season since he blew the 27-0 lead in the AFC Wild Card Round last season. Does that happen to every great coach in the league? Is it normal for a coach to blow a 27-0 lead in the playoffs, then allow 63 points in a game all in the span of a calendar year?

Keep in mind this is the same guy who used his team's close losses earlier in the season to justify his coaching. After losing 20-10 to the Baltimore Ravens, Staley proclaimed that the message was still getting across to the guys because if it wasn't, they would be getting blown out of the stadium.

Guess what Staley? You just got blown out of the stadium! Yes, you had a backup quarterback under center, but so did the other team. Yes, you had a key offensive skill position player inactive, but so did the other team. It does not change the fact that your team just allowed a 5-8 team with a bottom-feeding offense to score 63 points.

To keep moving the goalposts to try and defend the disaster that has been the last 12 months is disgraceful to the Chargers organization. Fans who have stuck with this team through decades of bad ownership and a controversial relocation deserve better than this.

They deserve better than Brandon Staley."

I've been a Charger's fan since the 70s. But I've never been able to say to myself that I could predict what my favorite team would do in the next game. This time I was able to do it.
I knew that some of the players on the Chargers had packed it in as soon as Justin Herbert got hurt and couldn't play. They quit. That isn't a reflection so much on the players, but on the team owner. Nobody likes the Spanos family. They are tightwads and they don't take care of their players like other teams do.
I saw a facebook post from a former employee of the Chargers responding to one of my posts. A woman said she used to work for them and she had asked for a raise so she could afford a baby-sitter. They told her fck no. I've been hearing this from a lot of sources. Their facilities are always second-rate. Their travel arrangements are obviously cheap. Players that have been on teams with a good owner can spot the difference immediately.

The problem with the Chargers isn't the players, it's the ownership that refuses to pay good coaches that are in demand. They're always looking for bargains. There's a lot of good coaches that want to coach the Chargers but the Spanos family won't pay them what they want. The Chargers will never win a Super Bowl as long as a Spanos owns the team.

Coaches salaries don't effect the salary-cap. You can pay as much as you want to a good head coach or a good defensive coordinator. The Chargers don't seem to want to build a champion. So what you get is coaches that wouldn't get hired on other teams to be head coach.

What separates a good coach from a so-so coach? The ability to prepare your players for the upcoming opponent and the ability to adapt during the game to what the opponent is doing. That's how you win the close games that Brandon Staley always seems to lose. Once you have lost the trust of the players, you're toast. And that is where we're at with Brandon Staley and the Chargers organization. They have no hope....and they don't have the desire to try just a little bit more only to get the same result. A demoralizing loss to a team they should have beaten.

Staley's top defense was that he's only losing games by single digits.....so the players made sure he got blown out in the last two games. Maybe the Spanos will fire the guy, because he doesn't deserve to be a HC.
Dont the Chargers play at SoFi? They just built that stadium, I kind of doubt the facilities there are shitty.

1702650147922.png

Locker room seems pretty nice.

Dont the Chargers play at SoFi? They just built that stadium, I kind of doubt the facilities there are shitty.

View attachment 873483

Locker room seems pretty nice.
Jesus....you are so clueless.

The only reason they have Sofi is because they're sharing it with the Rams.

They were too cheap to spend money on their own facility in San Diego.

mudwhistle's post brought back memories of the Eli Manning draft situation when pop Archie thought the Chargers were a shitty organization which forced Eli's trade.

The described Chargers situation read very much like it was with the Cardinals under Bill Bidwill's ownership. Fortunately the situation here improved somewhat after his son Michael took control.

Chargers ownership has been the main problem with the team. Poor hiring decisions and a failure to develop players has hurt them.

mudwhistle's post brought back memories of the Eli Manning draft situation when pop Archie thought the Chargers were a shitty organization which forced Eli's trade.

The described Chargers situation read very much like it was with the Cardinals under Bill Bidwill's ownership. Fortunately the situation here improved somewhat after his son Michael took control.
I remember the year the Chargers had the second pick in the draft....and they picked Ryan Leaf.
Yesterday I saw Ryan Leaf on NFL network....and they were talking about who they would like to hang out with.....and the stupid fck said Barack Obama.
As if saying that might endear him in the room filled full of liberal assholes.
That's Ryan Leaf.

Staley was sort of winning when he first started out and seemingly liked by all. Then the 4th down business began and people began to question him. It has been straight downhill from there. Almost no one wanted him to begin this year........I predict no one will hire him as head coach again anywhere near an NFL franchise. His success and creativity, motivation of players has taken a huge hit. He has failed miserably.

Note: I saw the game DAL@SD. SD had that game in the bag but messed it up with bad bad defense in the secondary. Playing 15 yards back off the line on every single play.

I don't have Amazon but I saw last nights scoring mount up on the phone. Land-O-Goshen!

Jesus....you are so clueless.

The only reason they have Sofi is because they're sharing it with the Rams.

They were too cheap to spend money on their own facility in San Diego.
Most teams don’t pay for their stadium dumdum. Sofi being privately funded by the Rams owner is a rarity. The only stadium funded completely by the owner is Gillette I think and there are only 4 teams that own their stadiums. But I’m clueless….

Forum List

Back