There is only one reason for Rodgers to come back next year...Ego

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

I expect he will come back for one year. He has another year on his contract with the Jets. His ego will push his to try and finish on his own terms. It is not an unusual move for a player of his caliber to play, even after a supposedly career ending injury. He could ride off into the sunset as one of the greatest QBs to ever play. But I doubt he will.

off-topic, but winner in all this is Green Bay with at least three draft picks from unloading Rogers. Maybe one more next year. Green Bay also won the Brett Farve trade hands down.//

I expect he will come back for one year. He has another year on his contract with the Jets. His ego will push his to try and finish on his own terms. It is not an unusual move for a player of his caliber to play, even after a supposedly career ending injury. He could ride off into the sunset as one of the greatest QBs to ever play. But I doubt he will.
Did you say the same of Brady, or any other player who wanted to prolong their career?

I mean, I could say that there’s only one reason you posted this in the first place… ego.

One year out might be a best case scenario, too. Those injuries are rough, and he ain't a kid.

What a shame. ESPN's Rich Eisen put it best: "This is like a horror movie".

I fuckin' HATE sports injuries.

Dan Marino says he can do it. Kobe Bryant did. It's not the end for Rodgers.

He is still looking for that second SB. He will be back.
IMO, if Aaron follows protocol on healing and doesn't opt for surgery, he can play this season. I haven't heard what his prognosis is, but the guy is in great shape and he knows what it took to get that way. Determination.

BTW, did he pull or tear the tendon?

Last edited:
off-topic, but winner in all this is Green Bay with at least three draft picks from unloading Rogers. Maybe one more next year. Green Bay also won the Brett Farve trade hands down.//
as much as they came up huge and were the big winners in the farve deal they are even MUCH BIGGER winners this time around.funny how rodgers followed farves footsteps in going to the jets.I just thought of that.

as much as they came up huge and were the big winners in the farve deal they are even MUCH BIGGER winners this time around.funny how rodgers followed farves footsteps in going to the jets.I just thought of that.
Favre never wanted to leave Green Bay but Rodgers did.

The pundits were saying that if he played 65% of the snaps this year the Packers would receive a first-round pick. If he plays less than 65% it is a second-round pick.

IMO, if Aaron follows protocol on healing and doesn't opt for surgery, he can play this season. I haven't heard what his prognosis is, but the guy is in great shape and he knows what it took to get that way. Determination.

I read he tore it.

It was reported as completely torn. Why are you posting he could be back this year? If you don't even know what happened?

Most likely season ending. It usually takes at least a year to heal.
He’s done! Even if he doesn’t know it. Do you think he will

A. Keep his body in shape, work out all this year?

B. Do podcasts, hang out in dark places with shamins, campaign for trump and go clubbing?

Hes old. I believe he knew he was done before he signed this contract.

One year out might be a best case scenario, too. Those injuries are rough, and he ain't a kid.

What a shame. ESPN's Rich Eisen put it best: "This is like a horror movie".

I fuckin' HATE sports injuries.
Injuries are part of the game, but losing your best player for the year after just four snaps, is particularly difficult.

Then Cleveland looses arguably the league’s best running back to a season ending knee injury. That kid was great to watch. Now his career might be done.

He’s done! Even if he doesn’t know it. Do you think he will

A. Keep his body in shape, work out all this year?

B. Do podcasts, hang out in dark places with shamins, campaign for trump and go clubbing?

Hes old. I believe he knew he was done before he signed this contract.
Statistically, only 30% of pro players don't return after tendon surgery.

Forum List

Back