Have You Ever Noticed...?

170325102534-05-donald-trump-oval-office-0324-large-tease.jpg

Oh, what the hell, here's the latest example. Please notice that Trump is engaging in what is commonly referred to as 'steepling' with his hands (which is generally considered to be a sign of extreme confidence and/or dominance) even as both men (HHS Secretary Tom Price and VP Pence) look on as if instructed to pay deference to President Trump. By the way, do you notice how both men's hands are virtually hugging their trousers as if they're at attention?

I'm no photographer but if I were setting up this pic I'd want to either draw the curtains or wait for another time of day that the daylight wasn't washing everything out. The lighting there is atrocious.
Glad to have your expert opinion on that... Can your magnificence bequeath more of your grace and knowledge upon us??? please...

I challenge everyone here to note what I stated and watch for future examples. Even though I'm not a betting man, I would be willing to wager that it's a photo op that will be replayed time and time again.

Photo ops are a reality in every presidency. You're making a mountain out of a molehill

I think not, and I'll tell you why. There's a huge difference between informing a number of people (many of whom are not gov't officials) to gather behind the president for a signing statement photo op and instructing gov't officials to stand in what is essentially a staged and subservient pose.

Or you're a partisan shill....which is far more likely

Oh, what the hell, here's the latest example. Please notice that Trump is engaging in what is commonly referred to as 'steepling' with his hands (which is generally considered to be a sign of extreme confidence and/or dominance) even as both men (HHS Secretary Tom Price and VP Pence) look on as if instructed to pay deference to President Trump. By the way, do you notice how both men's hands are virtually hugging their trousers as if they're at attention?

I'm no photographer but if I were setting up this pic I'd want to either draw the curtains or wait for another time of day that the daylight wasn't washing everything out. The lighting there is atrocious.
Glad to have your expert opinion on that... Can your magnificence bequeath more of your grace and knowledge upon us??? please...

If you insist.

A real photographer would have much more detail to critique but I'll just add that this lighting in the entirely wrong direction is why Mike Pence has no eyes in this shot either.

Even I know better than that.

I never noticed before but Mike Pence has no eyes. Just black holes.

That's just the influence of Neanderthal genes. They give him a heavier brow bone than do Cro Magnon influences. (And, no, I don't know whether it's a dominant or recessive allele.)

sapiens_neanderthal_comparison.jpg

It's just a more pronounced genetic remnant. Lots of people have it.

And for the nitwits in the "peanut gallery" -- those who sit on either side of the "gallery's" aisle -- don't think I'm saying more than I wrote. If I wanted to call the man a Neanderthal, I would do so clearly. I'm not a Trumpean illinguist; I am a facile speaker of English; thus I write and say what I mean, not what I don't mean, so that people can read what I write and not have to wonder what I meant.

Over a period of decades, I've seen quite a few photos of presidents in the Oval Office meant to commemorate certain occasions whether formal or informal. Sometimes the president is alone, and sometimes there are other people present.

However, there is something I first noticed with President Trump several times many weeks ago in his photo ops which I don't recall seeing with prior presidents,.at least not on any kind of regular basis. And it continues to this day!

I won't bother to include a photo since there are so many that it won't be difficult for anyone to find one.

It's this: President Trump is sitting at his desk in the Oval Office even as two people (one is usually the VP) are standing directly to Trump's left and right and both appear to be standing at attention. Considering the sheer number of times I've seen this, I can't help but believe that Trump has instructed these men to stand that way in what is essentially a moment of stagecraft which he has orchestrated in an effort to show both support of what he says and subservience to him as the leader.

Anyone else ever notice this? If not, please pay attention to see if this continues in the future.

Yep, they look like Stepford men. Kushner looks like a Martian. Space invaders!

3C5EDB9600000578-0-image-a-1_1485096222163.jpg

Fuggin' creepy. :eek:

^ What Pogo?
He's looking DOWN. at what Trump is signing.
Those are his EYELIDS dark with SHADOWS from his BROW.
(either that, or he's sleeping on the job... standing up....)

Over a period of decades, I've seen quite a few photos of presidents in the Oval Office meant to commemorate certain occasions whether formal or informal. Sometimes the president is alone, and sometimes there are other people present.

However, there is something I first noticed with President Trump several times many weeks ago in his photo ops which I don't recall seeing with prior presidents,.at least not on any kind of regular basis. And it continues to this day!

I won't bother to include a photo since there are so many that it won't be difficult for anyone to find one.

It's this: President Trump is sitting at his desk in the Oval Office even as two people (one is usually the VP) are standing directly to Trump's left and right and both appear to be standing at attention. Considering the sheer number of times I've seen this, I can't help but believe that Trump has instructed these men to stand that way in what is essentially a moment of stagecraft which he has orchestrated in an effort to show both support of what he says and subservience to him as the leader.

Anyone else ever notice this? If not, please pay attention to see if this continues in the future.
In my view the acolytes are there to give him credibility.

Alone he has no credibility.

But good catch -- you noticed that too !!!

^ What Pogo?
Trump is an old man and eyelids do that when you are really old.

That's just the influence of Neanderthal genes. They give him a heavier brow bone than do Cro Magnon influences. (And, no, I don't know whether it's a dominant or recessive allele.)

And for the nitwits in the "peanut gallery" -- those who sit on either side of the "gallery's" aisle -- don't think I'm saying more than I wrote. If I wanted to call the man a Neanderthal, I would do so clearly. I'm not a Trumpean illinguist; I am a facile speaker of English; thus I write and say what I mean, not what I don't mean, so that people can read what I write and not have to wonder what I meant.
The Scottish and the French with the heavy Keltic influence have lots of Neanderthal in them.

Trump is Scottish.

If you insist.

A real photographer would have much more detail to critique but I'll just add that this lighting in the entirely wrong direction is why Mike Pence has no eyes in this shot either.

Even I know better than that.
The acolytes feel belittled and conflicted to be in the photo with an inept moron. That's all.

It is guilt on their faces. And shame.

:D

I challenge everyone here to note what I stated and watch for future examples. Even though I'm not a betting man, I would be willing to wager that it's a photo op that will be replayed time and time again.

Photo ops are a reality in every presidency. You're making a mountain out of a molehill

I think not, and I'll tell you why. There's a huge difference between informing a number of people (many of whom are not gov't officials) to gather behind the president for a signing statement photo op and instructing gov't officials to stand in what is essentially a staged and subservient pose.

Actually I agree with him/her.

And I am nonpartisan.

But I did not vote for Trump nor for Hillary either.

I voted for the CIA guy.

But I am glad Trump beat Hillary.

An inept Trump is still better than a hyperactive Hillary.

We just got what we got is all.

Trump is what we got.

It could have been worse -- we could have got Nixon.

Or we could have got Carter -- no actually Trump is proving to be worse than Carter.

Carter at least gave us the Alt Min Tax in 1979. Trump wants to repeal it because it is costing Trump too much money -- $31 million in 2005.

^ What Pogo?
Trump is an old man and eyelids do that when you are really old.

They were talking about Pence, you little tard.

^ What Pogo?

Nope. I think Rump drilled his eyes out so Pence couldn't see what he's doing. :eusa_snooty:

Fatter o' mact I bet it was this drill:

800.jpg

(from here)​

Actually I agree with him/her.

And I am nonpartisan.

But I did not vote for Trump nor for Hillary either.

I voted for the CIA guy.

But I am glad Trump beat Hillary.

An inept Trump is still better than a hyperactive Hillary.

We just got what we got is all.

Trump is what we got.

It could have been worse -- we could have got Nixon.

Or we could have got Carter -- no actually Trump is proving to be worse than Carter.

Carter at least gave us the Alt Min Tax in 1979. Trump wants to repeal it because it is costing Trump too much money -- $31 million in 2005.

The "CIA guy"? You voted for H.W.?

^ What Pogo?
either that, or he's sleeping on the job... standing up....

His boss does -- he's even mastered doing it with his eyes wide open -- so why shouldn't he? LOL

OK I was fixin' to give you a "thank you" for this but once I saw the phrase "Trumpean illinguist" ---- it was Winner all da way. :udaman:

OK I was fixin' to give you a "thank you" for this but once I saw the phrase "Trumpean illinguist" ---- it was Winner all da way. :udaman:
Thank you.

The only thing I've noticed, and it's pretty distracting, actually, is the Keurig set up directly behind him. I've noticed it when he's been giving statements from his desk. A little tacky--but he probably wants it within reach.

The only thing I've noticed, and it's pretty distracting, actually, is the Keurig set up directly behind him. I've noticed it when he's been giving statements from his desk. A little tacky--but he probably wants it within reach.
the Keurig set up

Wow. You have very good vision, OldLady. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong photos, but I would not have noticed that. You are referring to the coffee making system, aren't you?

FWIW, I like their offerings and system. Perfect cuppa o' "Joe" every time. No mess. No fuss. Guests can help themselves. Coffee, or tea, hot or iced, whatever flavor or brand suits you at the moment. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best thing that's ever happened to coffee and tea.

Keurig_Green_Mountain_Licensees_Wide.jpg

(Just in case you might ask...No, I don't sit the pods out on the counter. LOL I don't want my home to look like an office pantry. LOL)

the Keurig set up

Wow. You have very good vision, OldLady. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong photos, but I would not have noticed that. You are referring to the coffee making system, aren't you?

FWIW, I like their offerings and system. Perfect cuppa o' "Joe" every time. No mess. No fuss. Guests can help themselves. Coffee, or tea, hot or iced, whatever flavor or brand suits you at the moment. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best thing that's ever happened to coffee and tea.

Keurig_Green_Mountain_Licensees_Wide.jpg

(Just in case you might ask...No, I don't sit the pods out on the counter. LOL I don't want my home to look like an office pantry. LOL)

I hate that crap. Scourge of cheap motels and astounding waste of resources.

Forum List

Back