They have noticed.

What Foreign Diplomats Say About US Politics Behind Closed Doors​

When I asked the European ambassador to talk to me about America’s deepening partisan divide, I expected a polite brushoff at best. Foreign diplomats are usually loath to discuss domestic U.S. politics.

Instead, the ambassador unloaded for an hour, warning that America’s poisonous politics are hurting its security, its economy, its friends and its standing as a pillar of democracy and global stability.

The U.S. is a “fat buffalo trying to take a nap” as hungry wolves approach, the envoy mused. “I can hear those Champagne bottle corks popping in Moscow — like it’s Christmas every fucking day.”

Anyone who does not think the reasons the corks in Moscow are popping are the recipient of Vlad's largesse being the presumptive Repub nominee, the House Repub's dysfunction, the drop of faith in election integrity in the error.....sorry, era.......of Trumpery, the belief in conspiracy theories like the existence of the fictitious deep state, the national debt, the dubious credibility of fact (way to go Rupert), the view participants in the 1/6 riot are something other than deluded traitors, or that citizens of the US are not willing to make the commitment to democracy keeping it requires, are not fucking paying attention.
You need to pass out whatever the hell you smoking

Guys like bug.80 spend too much time worrying about how “they” look at us. I doubt they spend much time worrying about how they feel about each other or how we feel about them.
I wouldn't concern myself with it if it were not an accurate observation. As I recall, there was a mention in the Mueller report of the CIA overhearing Russians celebrating Trump's victory in 2016. They had reason to be happy.

Senior officials in the Russian government celebrated Donald Trump’s victory over Hillary Clinton as a geopolitical win for Moscow, according to U.S. officials who said that American intelligence agencies intercepted communications in the aftermath of the election in which Russian officials congratulated themselves on the outcome.

No doubt you will choose not to believe it.

Widen your gaze. Clearly, polarization is not a new phenomenon. But many aspects of the current level of divisiveness, also being celebrated by our enemies, are directly attributable to Trumpery. The attacks on institutions and institutional norms for example. Most notably the justice system and the systems that make up our electoral processes. These two institutions in particular have come under attack. Why?
Because Trump refused to admit electoral defeat and because the criminal justice system is in the process of holding him accountable for his alleged crimes.
I will try to widen my gaze, but I think you should look inward more yourself.

Trump is not comparable to any ONE figure on 'the other side', that I admit, but still both sides are responsible for continuing this divide, it's been seriously escalating since at least 2013. MAYBE you could argue about proportion of blame, but really I don't think it's helpful. The actions in the more 'woke' college campuses, cancelling and harassing people with dissenting opinions, or even how rabid the mainstream media got with the Ukraine call and the 'Russia collusion', is a huge driver of this divide.

These divisions are tribal in a lot of ways, which is why it isn't helpful to start this thread by pinning blame on the right and 'Trumpism' only, unless your aim is to fan those flames.

They learned in 2016 what many of us learned: America isn't what we thought. Now they know they can't trust us. So the question is who takes our place on the world stage.
Half the citizens of this nation know they can't trust you. Just ask Gonzalo Lira. Far be it for outsiders to notice...

I wouldn't concern myself with it if it were not an accurate observation. As I recall, there was a mention in the Mueller report of the CIA overhearing Russians celebrating Trump's victory in 2016. They had reason to be happy.

Senior officials in the Russian government celebrated Donald Trump’s victory over Hillary Clinton as a geopolitical win for Moscow, according to U.S. officials who said that American intelligence agencies intercepted communications in the aftermath of the election in which Russian officials congratulated themselves on the outcome.

No doubt you will choose not to believe it.
You’re the one who laps up propaganda. I’ll pass.

Trump is not comparable to any ONE figure on 'the other side', that I admit, but still both sides are responsible for continuing this divide, it's been seriously escalating since at least 2013. MAYBE you could argue about proportion of blame, but really I don't think it's helpful.
Why not? In order to fix a problem, or identify its source, we need to come to a factual understanding of it. Additionally, much of the divide comes from a lack of agreement on what is factual and what is not.

Here's an interesting intellectual exercise. How much would the country's divisiveness be lessened if all Repubs accepted the 2020 election result? Obviously, the answer can't be known to a high degree of accuracy but I submit it is a great source of division. Agree or disagree that Repubs are solely responsible for the divide created by their erroneous belief?

Nope, only a REAL American, not some latte-sipping pinhead soyboy who thinks government's purpose is to give them everything, just like you, vermin.
Wow….you really sound like Mao! Or maybe you are just delusional.

I don’t think we’re to crazy about you guys either, but authoritarianism is not a solution and it is what MAGA seems to be aiming for..
The other side sees the exact same thing in you...

The U.S. is a “fat buffalo trying to take a nap” as hungry wolves approach, the envoy mused. “I can hear those Champagne bottle corks popping in Moscow — like it’s Christmas every fucking day.”

I have been preaching this for years.
The morons just don't understand it.
They have no clue the damage Trump did to world peace and our long term economic health. MAGA=MORON

Forum List

Back