Has the Left won the moral soul of America?

Moral depravity knows no bounds.

The one issue that is not trending Left is on abortion. Most Americans still oppose it.

That holds some promise.

Most Americans oppose the right of women to make that choice? Not sure about that.

All Americans want to limit abortions. That's why we have things like sex education and calls for low cost contraceptives.

What is "the democrat party"? The term doesn't 'google'.
If it is a political party, since when are they a source of moral guidance? That's for philosophers and religion.
If this is somehow a reference to one of the members of the two party dictatorship running the U.S. government, it will take some explaining to show what the differences are and how morality has much to do with their operations.

Morality is derived from perceived authority figures. This would be teachers, parents, the state, clergy, etc.

It is interesting that issues like abortion are declared murder by the church, but a large number of people in the church discard this moral stance and side with the DNC.

The DNC is rife with such people like Nancy Pelosi. Their god is the DNC

It is also interesting that the Pope is not out there day and night campaigning about the Holocaust of infants. Instead, he gives lectures on how good it is for Big Government and those that build walls will go to hell.

But then, they were also silent when the Nazi regime were killing off Jews, so.......

No to your first sentence. No.

Americans Hold Record Liberal Views on Most Moral Issues

It appears that on almost every social issue of today, Americans are trending towards the morality of the Left.

Who believes this or does not believe it and why?

Also, does a society trend indicate being "right"?

And lastly, does it matter?
I think a lot of people aren't following closely enough. For instance, on abortion the right is suggesting some decent compromises but people that aren't paying attention may revert to their default pro-choice or pro-life extreme positions. Democrat or republican politicians may not be able or willing to take a position of compromise if they are open to getting primaried by someone who is more extreme. Meanwhile the right succeeds at limiting access at the state level. I think a mid to late term ban on abortions that don't have a medical or safety implication is a good idea. But..this issue is a lot bigger than just abortion. It includes contraceptives, sex ed, WIC, STDs, substance addiction, the hookup culture, high rates of single motherhood, health care coverage and accessibility. Lots of stuff that I bet people lean liberal on individually but don't vote liberal because it's often personal preference.

The Left tries to pretend that abortion is merely a religious issue and deflect regarding the issue being one of science.

When does life start?

You seem to think that it starts midway in development in the womb.

Why is that?
I don't look at it as when life begins and I don't try to define when that is either. The baby is a part of the woman's body and entirely dependant until I guess mid 3rd trimester. It will likely become a live born American citizen but it's not a sure thing and I think there's an argument that until it's out and alive and thriving it's not a citizen and it doesn't benefit from its own rights separate from the mother. If you're going to try to argue it does have it's own full rights, then some external entity like the state would become an actor with power over the mother and her choices. It would be impossible to work out where the line is between mother's rights and babies rights. I'd consider supporting some partial rights a for fetuses to protect against frivolous harm or extermination.

With some supporting policy coverage I think end of 1st trimester might be doable. By that time the woman should know she's pregnant and based on her circumstance should know if she wants to bring it to term for adoption or to raise on her own or with a partner. I'm sure things can change after the 1st trimester. Sometimes the baby doesn't even make it that long. But the decision should be made by then and hopefully is separate from any life or relationship drama. I know heart beat and brain activity occur before the 2nd trimester but they don't look like reasonable limits. If there is a choice it needs to be allowed when the woman knows she's pregnant. To know she's pregnant she needs access to tests and health care. To rephrase, a woman may not be able to exercise her choice before the babies heart beats or there is brain activity.

It's certainly not something to be taken likely. A woman is grossly irresponsible by waiting until the 3rd trimester and then seeking an abortion with out any extenuating circumstance.

All this said, any policy that's implemented needs to be efficient in practice and effective in results. If we implement a compromise but illegal black market abortions jump then the policy isn't good enough. People on the right should understand that making something illegal doesn't mean it will be prevented from happening. I'm 100% against the campaign to limit access to women's health clinics that do abortions. This undoubtedly leads to unhealthy illegal options or denies her the choice.

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

The thing that troubles me is, people seem to come up with arbitrary notions of what is life. Is it viable? Does it have a heart beat? Can it feel pain, etc.?

Problem is, these are just individual opinions. Keep in mind, slaves in the deep south were considered to be subhuman glorified apes. Jews in Nazi Germany were considered vermin, etc. These too are individual opinions as to what makes someone your equal in terms of being human. Doesn't that bother you?

No one desires abortion. Aside from a few wacko Left wingers who go around praising having an abortion and telling people how wonderful it was, most understand that this procedure is a tragedy on some level and not desirable. At best it is an inconvenience. What bothers me the most though is, most abortions are done because of fear of financial fears. To place a dollar sign on human worth is no better than the plantation owner doing the same to slaves in order to obtain cheap labor.

It appears that on almost every social issue of today, Americans are trending towards the morality of the Left.

The key point, the American population has naturally accepted positions on issues that are more liberal. 'The left' is a fake construction of angry cons.

Note in the survey, only 9% approve of extramarital affairs which is in great opposition to 80% of evangelicals who voted for Lying Trump who has had numerous extramarital affairs with prostitutes.

Morality is no longer relevant to conservatives. They latched on to moral relativism like a leech in a blood bank.

You just don't get it do you?

Are evangelicals going to vote for someone that not only is in favor of abortion, which they consider genocide, but are they going to vote for or against someone who also wants tax payers to fund it?

Yes, voting for a man who hired a whore is preferable, as hard as that might be for you to wrap your little warped Leftist mind around.

If it is a political party, since when are they a source of moral guidance? That's for philosophers and religion.
If this is somehow a reference to one of the members of the two party dictatorship running the U.S. government, it will take some explaining to show what the differences are and how morality has much to do with their operations.

Morality is derived from perceived authority figures. This would be teachers, parents, the state, clergy, etc.

It is interesting that issues like abortion are declared murder by the church, but a large number of people in the church discard this moral stance and side with the DNC.

It is also interesting that the Pope is not out there day and night campaigning about the Holocaust of infants. Instead, he gives lectures on how good it is for Big Government and those that build walls will go to hell.

But then, they were also silent when the Nazi regime were killing off Jews, so.......

You covered a wide range there. I can shorten it for you.

I object to anything that does not fit my perceptions.

The key point, the American population has naturally accepted positions on issues that are more liberal. 'The left' is a fake construction of angry cons.

Note in the survey, only 9% approve of extramarital affairs which is in great opposition to 80% of evangelicals who voted for Lying Trump who has had numerous extramarital affairs with prostitutes.

Morality is no longer relevant to conservatives. They latched on to moral relativism like a leech in a blood bank.

You just don't get it do you?

Are evangelicals going to vote for someone that not only is in favor of abortion, which they consider genocide, but are they going to vote for or against someone who also wants tax payers to fund it?

Yes, voting for a man who hired a whore is preferable, as hard as that might be for you to wrap your little warped Leftist mind around.

So Jesus now teaches moral relativism. Got it.

Moral depravity knows no bounds.

The one issue that is not trending Left is on abortion. Most Americans still oppose it.

That holds some promise.

But they also don't want to see it made illegal.

Safe, legal and rare.

Safe? Ever hear of Dr. Gosnell? Most probably have not because the media kept it on the down low.

Dr. Gosnell was an abortion doctor who got caught violating health regulations in the 1970's, but instead of forcing him to comply, they just stopped coming round cuz abortion is such a political football, any limitations on it is deemed a threat.

Turn the clock forward some 30 years later, and he finally had to answer for all the crimes against viable children and women who he have subpar treatment. He would target minority women to give subpar treatment because they were less apt to seek legal council and had less support. He killed and harmed a long list of people and even had a jar of fetus' on his desk to look at every day.

Just think of all the money he made giving minority women subpar treatment. He is the biggest mass murderer in US history, yet you never hear about it, do you? Hollywood turned down making a movie about it for obvious reasons.

Yes, back alley abortions still go on in God only knows how many abortion clinics around the US

Doctor Kermit Gosnell found guilty of murdering infants in late-term abortions

Last edited:
It's a good question and a fair point. If Republicans were honest with themselves, they would realize how lucky they are that the people who are currently in control of the Democratic Party - the illiberal leftist authoritarian Regressive Left - have successfully repulsed so many Americans with their neurotic, hateful and hypersensitive behaviors.

Otherwise, yes, the Democrats have a clear advantage on the issues in modern day America.

Rather banal to simply state you are as so many others.
(but, humor acknowledged, of course)

It typically helps to engage in conversation by addressing points I have made other than, I don't like what you think.

It's a good question and a fair point. If Republicans were honest with themselves, they would realize how lucky they are that the people who are currently in control of the Democratic Party - the illiberal leftist authoritarian Regressive Left - have successfully repulsed so many Americans with their neurotic, hateful and hypersensitive behaviors.

Otherwise, yes, the Democrats have a clear advantage on the issues in modern day America.

This should be of no surprise. Leftists have taken over the media, education, and government, all of which are authority figures that help form and mold morality.

Some have even infiltrated the church. The current Pope is a Left winger as an example. I have not heard him speak one word against abortion, yet it is the official church position that it is genocide. Just think about that for a minute or two. That is just sick on so many levels.

This should be of no surprise. Leftists have taken over the media, education, and government, all of which are authority figures that help form and mold morality.

Some have even infiltrated the church. The current Pope is a Left winger as an example. I have not heard him speak one word against abortion, yet it is the official church position that it is genocide. Just think about that for a minute or two. That is just sick on so many levels.
Not to mention popular culture. We're a celebrity-driven people right now.

Ooooh! "the illiberal leftist authoritarian Regressive Left" sounds serious! You've really expanded your "vocabuscary".

Name names. Who is our leader? Schumer? Pelosi? Michael Moore? George Clooney?

Come on Mac! Who is the authoritarian leader who I am willing to follow blindly. Name please.

As someone who does not understand what 'left wing' means any more, it is still amusing to see that those who identify and criticize 'left wing' positions so virulently as being stupid fail to see the irony. They are testifying that their own ideals are losing ground to something so inferior.
Convince others with better ideas. Berating and belittling only hardens hearts. If you understand these 'idiots' so well, it should be easy to overwhelm them with intelligence.

That is essentially the avenue Trump took to power, isn't it?

The country's morality is trending leftward because we elected a New York Democratic liberal huckster. This pied piper is leading the pseudocons into the liberal cave, just as I predicted.

On the morality front, the pseudocons have chained themselves to Trump, and are thus in the gutter with him. Adultery, bearing false witness, thieving, covetousness. Trump and his followers don't let a day go by without breaking one of the commandments!

That is essentially the avenue Trump took to power, isn't it?
Sure, he's just the latest example of it.

Trumpies don't have a moral leg to stand on any more.

Forum List

Back