Has the Left won the moral soul of America?

"Left" is meaningless as a term, thanks to repeated, intentional misuse. Political vocabulary has to be overhauled if we are to be able to make sense of conversation.

"Left" is meaningless as a term, thanks to repeated, intentional misuse. Political vocabulary has to be overhauled if we are to be able to make sense of conversation.

Essentially, the morality of the democrat party.

Americans Hold Record Liberal Views on Most Moral Issues

It appears that on almost every social issue of today, Americans are trending towards the morality of the Left.

Who believes this or does not believe it and why?

Also, does a society trend indicate being "right"?

And lastly, does it matter?
I think this indicates that more people are libertarian in their views.

Most want individual freedom and economic freedom.

The GOP has a huge horde of Jesus Nazis that hate individual liberty, while the Dems are almost 90% communist horde.

It appears that on almost every social issue of today, Americans are trending towards the morality of the Left.

dnfgayru7ekll5d-a9pkta.png

Your link takes forever to load!

What is "the democrat party"? The term doesn't 'google'.
If it is a political party, since when are they a source of moral guidance? That's for philosophers and religion.
If this is somehow a reference to one of the members of the two party dictatorship running the U.S. government, it will take some explaining to show what the differences are and how morality has much to do with their operations.

I think a lot of people aren't following closely enough. For instance, on abortion the right is suggesting some decent compromises but people that aren't paying attention may revert to their default pro-choice or pro-life extreme positions. Democrat or republican politicians may not be able or willing to take a position of compromise if they are open to getting primaried by someone who is more extreme. Meanwhile the right succeeds at limiting access at the state level. I think a mid to late term ban on abortions that don't have a medical or safety implication is a good idea. But..this issue is a lot bigger than just abortion. It includes contraceptives, sex ed, WIC, STDs, substance addiction, the hookup culture, high rates of single motherhood, health care coverage and accessibility. Lots of stuff that I bet people lean liberal on individually but don't vote liberal because it's often personal preference.

What is "the democrat party"? The term doesn't 'google'.
If it is a political party, since when are they a source of moral guidance? That's for philosophers and religion.
If this is somehow a reference to one of the members of the two party dictatorship running the U.S. government, it will take some explaining to show what the differences are and how morality has much to do with their operations.

Morality is derived from perceived authority figures. This would be teachers, parents, the state, clergy, etc.

It is interesting that issues like abortion are declared murder by the church, but a large number of people in the church discard this moral stance and side with the DNC.

The DNC is rife with such people like Nancy Pelosi. Their god is the DNC

It is also interesting that the Pope is not out there day and night campaigning about the Holocaust of infants. Instead, he gives lectures on how good it is for Big Government and those that build walls will go to hell.

But then, they were also silent when the Nazi regime were killing off Jews, so.......

I think a lot of people aren't following closely enough. For instance, on abortion the right is suggesting some decent compromises but people that aren't paying attention may revert to their default pro-choice or pro-life extreme positions. Democrat or republican politicians may not be able or willing to take a position of compromise if they are open to getting primaried by someone who is more extreme. Meanwhile the right succeeds at limiting access at the state level. I think a mid to late term ban on abortions that don't have a medical or safety implication is a good idea. But..this issue is a lot bigger than just abortion. It includes contraceptives, sex ed, WIC, STDs, substance addiction, the hookup culture, high rates of single motherhood, health care coverage and accessibility. Lots of stuff that I bet people lean liberal on individually but don't vote liberal because it's often personal preference.

The Left tries to pretend that abortion is merely a religious issue and deflect regarding the issue being one of science.

When does life start?

You seem to think that it starts midway in development in the womb.

Why is that?

The right has no morals . They only use fake moral outrage to mask their hate and bigotry.

They back Trump ! How can you claim morals !?

The right has no morals . They only use fake moral outrage to mask their hate and bigotry.

Dear God in heaven!

Who gave you a book on logical fallacies.

I lost track counting them.

The Left tries to pretend that abortion is merely a religious issue and deflect regarding the issue being one of science.

When does life start?

You seem to think that it starts midway in development in the womb.

Why is that?

Viability.

I know prisoners are definitely alive . The “moral” cons have no problem with the death penalty.

Dear God in heaven!

Ok. Then tell me what morals the right has ? Name one .

They like to claim they are being good Christians, but it’s all talk. For example , the cons hatred of the poor. Not very Christian.

Life began a very, very long time ago. Humans make decisions concerning human life all the time. Tax money pays for civilian deaths by bombs and bullets. We are all implicated. What makes one want to get involved, without being asked, in the emotionally traumatic decision a woman has to make concerning what is going on inside her?

Well, they can't now but how do you reconcile the lefts willingness to kill 60million plus in the womb?

Dear God in heaven!

Ok. Then tell me what morals the right has ? Name one .

They like to claim they are being good Christians, but it’s all talk. For example , the cons hatred of the poor. Not very Christian.

as I stated in another post its totally fine for Trump to bear false witness, and commit adultery breaking Gods commandments - yet the RW looks the other way and lays claim to having a higher moral compass than the left does.

they cant deny that either.

Forum List

Back