Has Philadelphia Police Chief Gone Nuts ?

Whites at that location had used the wifi set ups without purchase.

Whites at the location had used the bathroom without purchase.

protectionis is arguing because . . . ?
And your source of this "information" is ? Or are we just supposed to take it on faith ?
It's in the reports and online. I don't care if you believe it, because you are one who picks his position then finds the evidence for it.

No one is mentioning, anymore, that the guys asked for the code to the bathroom as soon as they came in
oh....

My.....

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD!!!!!!!!!!! THE SMOKING GUN!

Has anybody here ever been arrested for asking to use a bathroom?
No, of course not, but they might as well tell the whole story. It isn't like they sat down and out of the blue the waitress called the cops because they hadn't ordered coffee. That's what it sounds like.
What Starbucks did and how the cops responded to it are two separate things in my book.
Some employees go "by the book" especially when they're new, and others cut customers some slack. Any possibility she wasn't being racist and was just being a bathroom Nazi?
Anything is possible. Hell, people are even supporting innocents getting arrested for asking to use the bathroom and sitting down for 2 minutes. I never thought that was possible until now.
Well, you know...they are automatically labeled "thugs" now.

It's in the reports and online. I don't care if you believe it, because you are one who picks his position then finds the evidence for it.

In this case, it is YOU who need to find the evidence, and present it here (which you haven't done)

You said "It's in the reports and online" Well, if that's the case, then you should have no trouble posting links to those "reports and online". Right ? Right, Jake ? Right ? Right ?

Last edited:
Well, you know...they are automatically labeled "thugs" now.
Absolutely, based on their misbehavior.

Causing nuisance, cursing, refusing to leaving....all misbehavior which = thug. Found some reason to NOT call them that ?

And your source of this "information" is ? Or are we just supposed to take it on faith ?

In this case, it is YOU who need to find the evidence, and present it here (which you haven't done)
Perhaps, but since it is you, nope: you won't change your mind in the face of any evidence.

Look, I can see both sides of this one. Not the arresting the guys part, so much. If I'm going to take a position on something like this, though, I'll be goddamned if I'll do it without telling the whole story.
I can understand why two black guys who walk into Starbucks to meet a friend and ask to use the bathroom get told they need to make a purchase. They apparently weren't in the mood for that answer, took it that she said that because they were black and caused a stink. I can understand being in that kind of a mood some times if I were a black guy. I'm not saying they deserved to be arrested for it. But no one should be just telling half the story and branding Starbucks as racist because they have a store policy that only paying customers get to use the bathrooms. That's pretty much standard EVERY PLACE and why these guys think they were above that, I don't know. Maybe they had been there before and been let in, I don't know. Do I think in a city like Philly that NO BLACK Starbucks CUSTOMER has ever been given the code to the bathroom without having a purchase before him? No.

The cops should never have arrested them, though, unless they became nasty and also refused to leave when the cops told them to. DID ANYONE OF THE OTHER CUSTOMERS IN THE STORE CONSIDER JUST BUYING THESE GUYS TWO CUPS OF COFFEE SO THE WAITRESS WOULD GIVE THEM THE CODE?
I guess there wasn't time, considering how fast this went south.
Sometimes responding/informing once, is not enough. OK. Let's do it again >>

From Post # 7 >>

"A police report states the men cursed at the manager after she told them bathrooms are for customers only.

She called 911 to report that the men were not making a purchase, and were refusing to leave."

Men Arrested At Philadelphia Starbucks Speak Out; Police Commissioner Apologizes
I already knew that part. The part I was wondering about was how they acted when the cops arrived. Why THAT got so out of control that they ended up in handcuffs?
What do the cops have to do with it ? The thugs were breaking the law before the cops arrived, by causing a public nuisance and trespassing.

See Post # 12 >> Title 18, section 6504 of the Pennsylvania Statutes
You got some great hankering to be a cop or what? Like seeing people thrown in jail at every opportunity? Not for stuff like this, if it can be managed/deescalated to everyone's satisfaction without that.
I see a great deal of difference between the Starbucks policy and the guys being arrested and detained for nine hours! Starbucks just wanted them outta there 'til they calmed down.
This is where you and I part ways, I guess, Protectionist.

Perhaps, but since it is you, nope: you won't change your mind in the face of any evidence.
th

Next time you choose to make a bold statement, post something to back it up.

You got some great hankering to be a cop or what? Like seeing people thrown in jail at every opportunity? Not for stuff like this, if it can be managed/deescalated to everyone's satisfaction without that.
I see a great deal of difference between the Starbucks policy and the guys being arrested and detained for nine hours! Starbucks just wanted them outta there 'til they calmed down.
Give then an inch, they'll take a mile.

Look, I can see both sides of this one. Not the arresting the guys part, so much. If I'm going to take a position on something like this, though, I'll be goddamned if I'll do it without telling the whole story.
I can understand why two black guys who walk into Starbucks to meet a friend and ask to use the bathroom get told they need to make a purchase. They apparently weren't in the mood for that answer, took it that she said that because they were black and caused a stink. I can understand being in that kind of a mood some times if I were a black guy. I'm not saying they deserved to be arrested for it. But no one should be just telling half the story and branding Starbucks as racist because they have a store policy that only paying customers get to use the bathrooms. That's pretty much standard EVERY PLACE and why these guys think they were above that, I don't know. Maybe they had been there before and been let in, I don't know. Do I think in a city like Philly that NO BLACK Starbucks CUSTOMER has ever been given the code to the bathroom without having a purchase before him? No.

The cops should never have arrested them, though, unless they became nasty and also refused to leave when the cops told them to. DID ANYONE OF THE OTHER CUSTOMERS IN THE STORE CONSIDER JUST BUYING THESE GUYS TWO CUPS OF COFFEE SO THE WAITRESS WOULD GIVE THEM THE CODE?
I guess there wasn't time, considering how fast this went south.
Sometimes responding/informing once, is not enough. OK. Let's do it again >>

From Post # 7 >>

"A police report states the men cursed at the manager after she told them bathrooms are for customers only.

She called 911 to report that the men were not making a purchase, and were refusing to leave."

Men Arrested At Philadelphia Starbucks Speak Out; Police Commissioner Apologizes
I already knew that part. The part I was wondering about was how they acted when the cops arrived. Why THAT got so out of control that they ended up in handcuffs?
What do the cops have to do with it ? The thugs were breaking the law before the cops arrived, by causing a public nuisance and trespassing.

See Post # 12 >> Title 18, section 6504 of the Pennsylvania Statutes
See? "Thugs"....Tell us exactly what WAS their "thuggish" behavior?

See? "Thugs"....Tell us exactly what WAS their "thuggish" behavior?
I just TOLD you -in the post you quoted. Not just thuggish, but criminal too. I even supplied a print of the actual LAW. Having reading comprehension problems ?

It's bad enough that just about every liberal in America is flat-out bonkers on just about everything, especially race. But one would hope that a top cop of a major American city would have common sense, and a responsibility to THE LAW, rather than what makes mouthy blacks in Black Lives Matter feel good.

Unfortunately, the top cop of Phildelphia has gone from taking a correct position (that his cops enforced the law properly), to caving in to political pressure of some looney tunes, who turn everything where black people are involved, into a racial incident.

The Starbucks arrests of 2 black guys trespassing and inerfering with the operation of a business, were done as they should be. The 2 thugs arrested, had no right to sit in the restaurant and occupy 2 seats needed by paying customers, when they weren't buying anything, and were asked to leave. They had no right to refuse to leave.

This isn't a civil rights case, it's a simple matter of LAW, which the police chief was right about originally, and then curiously, changed his position and denounced the arrests. Bad decision on his part. It's unfair to Starbucks, unfair to the cops who made the arrests, unfair to Starbucks paying customers who need a place to sit, and unfair to everyone in Philadelphia who is entitled to lawful policing.

Generally, in cases like this (where things get done to favor blacks, regardless of the law), there's a Democrat mayor behind it all. Ordinarily, this Democrat mayor (Jim Kenney) will get zero publicity, leftist media won't say a word about him, and the whole incident will be portrayed as something about discriminating against blacks.

So add one more item to the list of lawbreakers being allowed to block traffic in Democrat mayor cities, thugs being allowed to chase and attack people going to Trump rallies, rioters burning and looting, more rioters throwing rocks at cops, etc etc.

Few things could be more obvious a reason to vote for Republicans in city official elections, governors, and other political offices. Liberals often hold signs reading "The Whole World Is Watching". Well, yes it is. And people around the world must (correctly) deduce that America is a nation gone mad, when it comes to derailed law enforcement in Democrat-ruled jurisdictions.
No one is mentioning, anymore, that the guys asked for the code to the bathroom as soon as they came in. Before a purchase. Did they decide that part of the story didn't happen, or does it not matter anymore why the waitress asked them to leave after they gave her lip for not giving them the code?

no one in any starbucks ever makes you make a purchase BEFORE getting the bathroom code. cause who on earth wants to take a $5 coffee into a germy bathroom?

as for the bigot you're responding to.... the bigot response to people who aren't white being mistreated is ABSOLUTELY the best possible reason to toss the GOP and marginalize the trumpscum for being the white supremacist losers that they are.

The one person we haven't heard from in this unanticipated controversy is Holly, the Starbucks' manager who has been fired. Until we do hear from her we must draw conclusions based on what we either know or can assume.

I will assume that Holly was promoted to Manager because she did a good job of promoting Starbucks' interests. And I will assume the two individuals who Holly called the police about were not the first and only Blacks to patronize her store. So something extraordinary obviously took place, which I suspect was those two Black guys behaving like the ghetto-rat ******* they probably are. And because the outcome of the incident could be detrimental to Starbucks' extremely Liberal image it was convenient to toss Holly under the bus rather than risk a Black protest.

no one in any starbucks ever makes you make a purchase BEFORE getting the bathroom code. cause who on earth wants to take a $5 coffee into a germy bathroom?

as for the bigot you're responding to.... the bigot response to people who aren't white being mistreated is ABSOLUTELY the best possible reason to toss the GOP and marginalize the trumpscum for being the white supremacist losers that they are.

The bathroom has nothing to do with it. The thugs cursed at the manager, were a nuisance, refused to leave -all criminal behavior. The cops were polite, professional, and did their jobs appropriately.

Liberal loons turn anything with backs involved into a racial incident, dishonest dirtbags that they are.

Forum List

Back