Zone1 How Blacks can help their own communities

Lsa, please STFU and concern yourself with the white jewish community and stop thinking you are giving advice as if backs don't know or aren't already doing the things you are talking about.

A trade deficit occurs when a country's imports exceed its exports. This is also called a negative trade balance. While much is made about foreign trade deficits, Americans face internal trade deficits or a negative trade balance of our own making. People of all races spend their money in businesses owned by whites, but such trade/business is not reciprocal.

In 2020, there were 5.9 million employer businesses in America, 134,567, or 2 percent, were owned by blacks. According to the U.S. Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency, there are just over 3.1 million non-employer Black-owned businesses in the United States. And now whites whining about anti white discrmination have made it so that whites can get minority businsees development money. This is another reason why Lisa needs to just STHU.

Blacks/African Americans, who, as is so astutely stated in reference to crime, make up 13% of the U.S. population, own less than 10 percent of all the businesses in the country, and generate less than one-half of 1 percent of the total business receipts. There are 3,671 public companies in the United States, and blacks own eight. That number equals less than ¼ of 1 percent of all publicly traded companies in America. While blacks who can, invest in white-owned businesses, whites who can invest don’t appear to be investing in black companies.

Ths is about more than what Lisa suggests.

Blacks must be represented by 13 percent of the businesses owned and workers in every field. Blacks have approximately 1/5 the wealth we should have in proportion to our population and in most cases are represented by less than 1/6th of what we should be in most categories of American business. These are numbers the per capita people seem to miss. I don’t think demanding that we have the wealth, business ownership and business participation equal to our representation in the population is asking too much. These numbers are not the result of blacks not wanting to work hard enough or any of the reasons Lisa suggests.

To help support black-owned businesses, we must increase the use of every tool available to increase the visibility of black-owned businesses. Because black businesses lack visibility, a nationwide saturation advertising campaign may be one solution. Blacks are competing in business with companies that use every advertising/marketing technique possible, and black businesses must have the ability to do the same. We must not only solicit black dollars, but to get 13 percent of the sales receipts, we must put the names of black-owned businesses in the minds of other races as an option when they go shopping or need professional services.
I stopped reading when you told me to STFU in a Zone 1 thread.

Maybe if we got the 8 handouts whites have been given, we would.

You would waste it on rims and tires and other things that I will not mention. You would not better yourself.

really?

Seems to me that the people who control those businesses are the people who participate in them.
Seems to me that the people who participate in them do the shipping and distrbution to blacks on the streets. Whites have a history of criminal behavior that started at the very beginning of this country. Whites have elected numerous criminals to make laws in this country. Whites organized crime and made it a corporate business. Whites control the manufacturing, shipment, and distribution of drugs in this country. Whites made two of the most destructive drugs legal, creating millions of addicted citizens. I am talking about alcohol and nicotine. Whites have embezzled and scammed people out of trillions of dollars in the years America has been a country. Whites control the manufacturing, shipping, sales, and distribution of deadly weapons in this country.

OK, y’all…..

I was waiting to get the permission of a black poster (he doesn’t post very frequently) with whom I had this very discussion previously - offline. He told me he is involved in helping black businesses off the ground via an incubator-type organization, along with involvement in other related good projects. (I can’t recall the specifics of all the projects, but it’s the same concept: taking action to help one’s own community.)

I didn’t credit him before this with the idea of “blacks helping black communities” because I didn’t want to violate his confidence, but I checked with him and he gave me the all-clear.

So….now that you know a black poster, who will remain unnamed, is behind these types of things, does that change the minds of others on this thread who called me a racist or Hitler for saying the very same things?
What doesn’t change is an assumption you seem to imply in the OP….that Black people aren’t already doing these things when, in many, if not most cases, they are the primary drivers behind community improvement projects in their own neighborhoods, targeted educational scholarships and foundations etc.

It also has nothing to do with reparations and again, the implication that by calling for reparations Blacks are just looking for “free money” with no work involved (which is a common racist canard that Blacks are lazy and unwilling to work to improve their communities) is just wrong (and multiple posts in this thread play off this trope.

The issue of reparations, whether one is for or against, and to what degree is entirely seperate because it’s an issue of righting injustice, not economics. No one, NO ONE made these sorts of remarks or demands (like I’m seeing in some of the responses) about Japanese Americans who received reparations.

Your OP outlines good ideas but fails in the assumption they aren’t already being done.

Certain blacks on this forum keep demanding reparations from whites*, but since the majority of the country is opposed to something so unfair, it will never happen. Instead of expensing time and energy demanding something that will not happen, what about rechanneling that into ACTUAL efforts that will help the black community, and right away?

The ideas that pop to mind are:

1) Start a daycare business in poor black communities populated with single mothers. That way, these mothers can get jobs, acquire work experience, and of course earn money - the starting steps to breaking the welfare cycle.

2) Start a tutoring business in a poor black neighborhood, helping at-at risk teens to pass subjects they are failing and complete high school.

3) Start a “funding search” businesses, in which you help poor blacks find educational grants for vocational schools, and the high-achieving ones for colleges.

4) Start a business incubator service that will provide resources to small start-ups, this helping both the would-be business owners as well as the neighborhoods they will serve.

Finally, there are Governmwnt programs to help blacks start these businesses.

* Whites provide the majority of. Government funds, so whites will bear the expense of reparations.

Very positive, I will just say 'Thanks"

Then why isn’t it being done, or done more? These were all fine suggestions, and would be helpful to poor black neighborhoods.

Your snarky attitude toward whites does nothing to help blacks, nor does giving blacks false hope that they’re going to get $1 million dollars and their problems are over.

If a day care is too ambitious, what about coordinating a single mother babysitting co-op? It could be three women: two get jobs, and give some of their paycheck to the babysitter. My parents arranged a babysitting co-op in their first neighborhood, circa 1960, and it worked out well.
I think the assumption that because there are still problems, they aren’t doing enough is wrong. There are two problems with that. First, many of these problems are complex in nature, and some cases the legacy of years of bad policy and/or racist laws and practices that while now illegal have an enduring effect. The second is division by race: that Blacks, as an entire race.

I’m optimistic that a lot can be accomplished, on the small scales, because I’m a firm believer in community organizing. But where a greater degree of power is needed (something minorities struggle to achieve because they are a minority), their efforts are at best bandaids.

For example neighborhoods where there is rampant crime, drug use and constant violence and shootings tend to have low rates of home ownership, extremely low economic investment from local governments to combat these problems and make business investment possible. Home ownership means “skin in the game”, rentals do not and most of these landlords are out the area corporate entities who care little.

These problems are not unique to Black communities. Appalachia, mostly rural and White has similar problems as do Native American communities on many reservations: education, poverty, drugs, crime, but no one is imposing a racial responsibility on them.

Seems to me that the people who participate in them do the shipping and distrbution to blacks on the streets. Whites have a history of criminal behavior that started at the very beginning of this country. Whites have elected numerous criminals to make laws in this country. Whites organized crime and made it a corporate business. Whites control the manufacturing, shipment, and distribution of drugs in this country. Whites made two of the most destructive drugs legal, creating millions of addicted citizens. I am talking about alcohol and nicotine. Whites have embezzled and scammed people out of trillions of dollars in the years America has been a country. Whites control the manufacturing, shipping, sales, and distribution of deadly weapons in this country.

Uh, guy, Alcohol has been around since Ancient Times. Probably since the first caveman crushed some grapes and let them ferment. Tobacco was used by Native Americans for centuries before the white man showed up.

Look, we get it man, you hate whitey... just like Hector12 hates black people. Neither of you is terribly rational.

At the end of the day, you can't blame your pusher or your bartender for your bad choices.

I think the assumption that because there are still problems, they aren’t doing enough is wrong. There are two problems with that. First, many of these problems are complex in nature, and some cases the legacy of years of bad policy and/or racist laws and practices that while now illegal have an enduring effect. The second is division by race: that Blacks, as an entire race.

I’m optimistic that a lot can be accomplished, on the small scales, because I’m a firm believer in community organizing. But where a greater degree of power is needed (something minorities struggle to achieve because they are a minority), their efforts are at best bandaids.

For example neighborhoods where there is rampant crime, drug use and constant violence and shootings tend to have low rates of home ownership, extremely low economic investment from local governments to combat these problems and make business investment possible. Home ownership means “skin in the game”, rentals do not and most of these landlords are out the area corporate entities who care little.

These problems are not unique to Black communities. Appalachia, mostly rural and White has similar problems as do Native American communities on many reservations: education, poverty, drugs, crime, but no one is imposing a racial responsibility on them.
To your last paragraph, the reason nobody is imposing a “racial responsibility” on the poor whites is because they are not demanding reparations.

That fact ties in with an earlier comment of yours: that I was implying that blacks are not starting businesses in their own communities. Well, of course they are! My suggestion was directed to those who are expending time and energy for reparations which will never come - other than perhaps some modest payment - and this time and energy would be better spent in developing hands-on businesses in poor black communities that have as a goal to help them.

To your last paragraph, the reason nobody is imposing a “racial responsibility” on the poor whites is because they are not demanding reparations.

It should not matter. Those are two different issues. No one made these sort of demands on the Japanese American community.

That fact ties in with an earlier comment of yours: that I was implying that blacks are not starting businesses in their own communities. Well, of course they are! My suggestion was directed to those who are expending time and energy for reparations which will never come - other than perhaps some modest payment - and this time and energy would be better spent in developing hands-on businesses in poor black communities that have as a goal to help them.
The problem is you are assuming that those working for reparations are not otherwise involved in community efforts and thus need to be chastised and shamed. Was this applied to Japanese Americans?

Certain blacks on this forum keep demanding reparations from whites*, but since the majority of the country is opposed to something so unfair, it will never happen. Instead of expensing time and energy demanding something that will not happen, what about rechanneling that into ACTUAL efforts that will help the black community, and right away?

The ideas that pop to mind are:

1) Start a daycare business in poor black communities populated with single mothers. That way, these mothers can get jobs, acquire work experience, and of course earn money - the starting steps to breaking the welfare cycle.

2) Start a tutoring business in a poor black neighborhood, helping at-at risk teens to pass subjects they are failing and complete high school.

3) Start a “funding search” businesses, in which you help poor blacks find educational grants for vocational schools, and the high-achieving ones for colleges.

4) Start a business incubator service that will provide resources to small start-ups, this helping both the would-be business owners as well as the neighborhoods they will serve.

Finally, there are Governmwnt programs to help blacks start these businesses.

* Whites provide the majority of. Government funds, so whites will bear the expense of reparations.

Or support a local organization like Project H.O.O.D that is showing positive results in the worst neighborhoods in Chicago.

It should not matter. Those are two different issues. No one made these sort of demands on the Japanese American community.

The problem is you are assuming that those working for reparations are not otherwise involved in community efforts and thus need to be chastised and shamed. Was this applied to Japanese Americans?
You’re always so argumentative and negative.

Japanese Americans are an entirely different situation. They were interred in detention camps. And this is not the topic.

And again, the point is that ANY energy, time, and effort being expended trying to get reparations would go further helpimg poor blocks by ideas like I suggested in my OP.

I have known too many Negroes I liked to hate the entire race. I have had too many experiences with black criminals to have illusions about the Negro race.

Or you could try the novelty of like the people you like, not liking the people who did bad stuff to you, and being neutral on the people who haven't done anything to you one way or the other, regardless of what their skin color is.

I can honestly say, most of the times I've been done dirty in my life, it's almost always been a fellow white person. I don't hold that against all White people. I don't even retain animus against most of the ones who did me wrong. Life's too short, especially at my age.

Or you could try the novelty of like the people you like, not liking the people who did bad stuff to you, and being neutral on the people who haven't done anything to you one way or the other, regardless of what their skin color is.

I can honestly say, most of the times I've been done dirty in my life, it's almost always been a fellow white person. I don't hold that against all White people. I don't even retain animus against most of the ones who did me wrong. Life's too short, especially at my age.
On this rare occasion, I agree with you.

You’re always so argumentative and negative.

You might take a look at your own words.

Japanese Americans are an entirely different situation. They were interred in detention camps. And this is not the topic.

No they are not, tbey illustrate the different standards being applied.

Note: Jews were not the topic either but you brought them up multiple times ;)

And again, the point is that ANY energy, time, and effort being expended trying to get reparations would go further helpimg poor blocks by ideas like I suggested in my OP.
I disagree. You are essentially saying they should be silent about reparations.

Should Jews be silent about efforts to combat antisemitism in the public sphere and instead focus on problems within their own community? No. Of course not. And no one would expect that of them.

You might take a look at your own words.

No they are not, tbey illustrate the different standards being applied.

Note: Jews were not the topic either but you brought them up multiple times ;)

I disagree. You are essentially saying they should be silent about reparations.

Should Jews be silent about efforts to combat antisemitism in the public sphere and instead focus on problems within their own community? No. Of course not. And no one would expect that of them.
I’ve already told you what the topic is, and you’ve instead chosen to turn it into an argument for repararions and racism blacks face.

Bur yes...I am saying blacks should stop wasting time and effort on trying to get reparations. It’s a waste of finite resources - resources better spent on building various support services in the community.

It’s how all groups have succeeded. Blacks are no different.

Lsa, please xxxx concern yourself with the white jewish community and stop thinking you are giving advice as if backs don't know or aren't already doing the things you are talking about.

A trade deficit occurs when a country's imports exceed its exports. This is also called a negative trade balance. While much is made about foreign trade deficits, Americans face internal trade deficits or a negative trade balance of our own making. People of all races spend their money in businesses owned by whites, but such trade/business is not reciprocal.

In 2020, there were 5.9 million employer businesses in America, 134,567, or 2 percent, were owned by blacks. According to the U.S. Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency, there are just over 3.1 million non-employer Black-owned businesses in the United States. And now whites whining about anti white discrmination have made it so that whites can get minority businsees development money. This is another reason why Lisa needs to just STHU.

Blacks/African Americans, who, as is so astutely stated in reference to crime, make up 13% of the U.S. population, own less than 10 percent of all the businesses in the country, and generate less than one-half of 1 percent of the total business receipts. There are 3,671 public companies in the United States, and blacks own eight. That number equals less than ¼ of 1 percent of all publicly traded companies in America. While blacks who can, invest in white-owned businesses, whites who can invest don’t appear to be investing in black companies.

Ths is about more than what Lisa suggests.

Blacks must be represented by 13 percent of the businesses owned and workers in every field. Blacks have approximately 1/5 the wealth we should have in proportion to our population and in most cases are represented by less than 1/6th of what we should be in most categories of American business. These are numbers the per capita people seem to miss. I don’t think demanding that we have the wealth, business ownership and business participation equal to our representation in the population is asking too much. These numbers are not the result of blacks not wanting to work hard enough or any of the reasons Lisa suggests.

To help support black-owned businesses, we must increase the use of every tool available to increase the visibility of black-owned businesses. Because black businesses lack visibility, a nationwide saturation advertising campaign may be one solution. Blacks are competing in business with companies that use every advertising/marketing technique possible, and black businesses must have the ability to do the same. We must not only solicit black dollars, but to get 13 percent of the sales receipts, we must put the names of black-owned businesses in the minds of other races as an option when they go shopping or need professional services.
IM2,
It is blacks that don't support black businesses. Blacks spend most of their disposable income in other-than-black businesses. Also, blacks don't save enough money to form needed 'black capital' that can be used to promote black business development. On a wider note, blacks as a whole are in the 'spending' stage of their financial/economic development. The 'saving and investment' stage has yet to emerge.

Talk to AZ, he seems to think you are selectively breeding. I thought that was kind of silly, myself.

Hey, you should go down to the brothers and pitch your ideas to them... but given you are terrified by merely pictures of black people, I don't know how well that will go.

You mean other than the whole notion of Capitalism as an answer to the problems Capitalism causes?

Okay, well, to start with, let's make it easier to get bank loans. Don't think the banksters will play along, but let's try.
Banks have a fiduciary responsibility to properly manage their depositor's money. Black business are often too risky.

"For minorities, the numbers can be even more daunting. Eight out of 10 Black-owned businesses fail within the first 18 months."

Forum List

Back