Has anyone been to Panama?

The US is more than likely going to be stuck choosing between Biden and Trump (aka choosing between syphilis or gonorrhea) for the 2nd straight election.

To me that is a sign it is time to get the hell out
If you hate America then, by all means, you should leave.

If you hate America then, by all means, you should leave.

I do not hate America. I gave 20 year of my life to defend it. I love this country.

What I do not like the direction it is heading, both sides want nothing more than to take our freedoms away from us one slice at a time.

By the time we are ready to go we will have nothing keeping us here but our two children and they are both productive adults and can come visit whenever they want.

The cost of living is roughly half of what it is in the US, it is located in a great spot for travelling to other parts of the world.

Not sure the downside.

If you three anti-American POS are for it....I am against it. Get out. Good riddance you worthless net-negative scum killing America for its' citizens.
People like yourself make the idea of ex-patting sound so much more appealing.

Panama has been ranked as one of the best locations in the world to ex-pat for a variety of reasons. It is safe, it is beautiful, and there are thriving ex-pat communities there. I love Costa Rica and could definitely retire there, but when researching I found various reviews that Panama was an even better choice. One survey had it ranked #1.

For those with the means to ex-pat, I think it an excellent idea, and one I'm exploring.

Panama has been ranked as one of the best locations in the world to ex-pat for a variety of reasons. It is safe, it is beautiful, and there are thriving ex-pat communities there.

It is amazing what I have found since we started getting serious. The on-line resources are almost endless. I have found a few pretty active forums for Ex-pats and they are populated with people from all over the world. Was very excited to find a VSO active in Panama. I have already reached out to them.

My wife and I are thinking about a trip there next year and was wondering if anyone has visited.

We are hoping to stay 2 weeks as we scout out the area for a retirement landing spot
Back in the 80's a friend and his wife lived on a sailboat in Panama for a year. Came back to the States, sold off everything and went back to live as ex-pats.
If you speak Spanish that's a plus.
Disculpe, pagar en dolares.

Last edited:
People like yourself make the idea of ex-patting sound so much more appealing.

Panama has been ranked as one of the best locations in the world to ex-pat for a variety of reasons. It is safe, it is beautiful, and there are thriving ex-pat communities there. I love Costa Rica and could definitely retire there, but when researching I found various reviews that Panama was an even better choice. One survey had it ranked #1.

For those with the means to ex-pat, I think it an excellent idea, and one I'm exploring.

WINNING! take your boyfriends with you.
$5.20 Gas, 10 million un-vetted border jumpers, Criminals gone wild, 0.01% of population yet Home O Trans taking 10% GOVT spots, two rigged election cycles.
pound sand you ignorant bag of human sewage.

Back in the 80's a friend and his wife lived on a sailboat in Panama for a year. Came back to the States, sold off everything and went back to live as ex-pats.
If you speak Spanish that's a plus.
Disculpe, pagar en dolares.

We are going to visit next year so I am going to start working on it now. I suck at learning other languages so need all the time I can get

Every day .​

Get a matching cigar, hat and toilet with Panama.
And Go Go ( daily ) with Panama.

CROYDEX PANAMA TOILET SEAT AND COVER​

Adjustable hinges fit all standard toilets Made from resilient polypropylene White plastic hinges All fittings included
£25.00
Availability: In stock

One thing I forgot to mention: I saw almost as many Chinese faces as I did Panamanian faces and this was 1993.

It's interesting that the people who complain the most about Central American people coming to the United States have no problem going and living in their country.

It's interesting that the people who complain the most about Central American people coming to the United States have no problem going and living in their country.

Who in this thread complains about Central American people coming to the United States legally?

Who in this thread complains about Central American people coming to the United States at all even?

My wife and I are thinking about a trip there next year and was wondering if anyone has visited.

We are hoping to stay 2 weeks as we scout out the area for a retirement landing spot
I always wanted to go to the Vulcans, the idea of parakeets all over being the nations natural birds, and the many fruit trees, the always pleasant 70 degrees,
Cheap medical, and dollar system made it intriguing.
Just stay away from the

Bocas del Toro

an area of swarms of bats, if you hate bats and Fauci, and away from country border towns, because of drug trafficking they are more dangerous.

One thing I forgot to mention: I saw almost as many Chinese faces as I did Panamanian faces and this was 1993.

Has nothing to do with the people, it has to do with illegal floods keeping wages lower, straining towns, affecting jobs, straining our supply chain as you found out the hard way, taxing our system,
Unfair to legal and controlled immigration-it's liken to butting in line, something you don't even accept at a ticket line. Uncontrolled means chaos, higher risk of terrorist or criminal activity as we seen it's been used to smuggle drugs and abuse people.

Has nothing to do with the people, it has to do with illegal floods keeping wages lower, straining towns, affecting jobs, straining our supply chain as you found out the hard way, taxing our system,
Unfair to legal and controlled immigration-it's liken to butting in line, something you don't even accept at a ticket line. Uncontrolled means chaos, higher risk of terrorist or criminal activity as we seen it's been used to smuggle drugs and abuse people.
Even back in 1993 the Chinese were flooding Panama, influencing government with construction and infrastructure-building. That was my point. I can only imagine their influence today.

Forum List

Back