Happy Birthday George HW Bush!

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
88 years young today. A true American hero that served with valor during WWII. As President he showed astute statesmanship, was able to reverse much of the damage caused by what he coined "Voodoo economics" and used the military in a way that would become a template, I believe, for "Smart Power". He surrounded himself with brilliant men like Jim Baker and Robert Gates. And he gave the Central Intelligence Agency a new found respect and protection for it's agents..making it a crime to reveal their identities.

Kudos Mr. President..enjoy your day.

:clap2:

Fuck you, you worthless hypocrite.

Bush broke his "no new taxes" pledged and lost to Bill Clinton. His mistake, like his son's, was thinking he could work with Democrats. They fucked him every time. He should have gone on the Baghdad and finished the job but the weenies in State objected.
He was a great public servant, with a long resume of public service.
Let's see you say the same thing when GW's birthday comes along.

Yes, and married 67 years, can you believe it!? That is amazing.

Remember the part where they say 'until death us do part'? Well, after a while you realize you were actually setting a goal.

Well back than they actually meant that, nowadays most young people just want the overpriced wedding and honeymoon and than get bored quickly when the real married life starts.

88 years young today. A true American hero that served with valor during WWII. As President he showed astute statesmanship, was able to reverse much of the damage caused by what he coined "Voodoo economics" and used the military in a way that would become a template, I believe, for "Smart Power". He surrounded himself with brilliant men like Jim Baker and Robert Gates. And he gave the Central Intelligence Agency a new found respect and protection for it's agents..making it a crime to reveal their identities.

Kudos Mr. President..enjoy your day.

:clap2:

Nice post.

Fuck you, you worthless hypocrite.

Bush broke his "no new taxes" pledged and lost to Bill Clinton. His mistake, like his son's, was thinking he could work with Democrats. They fucked him every time. He should have gone on the Baghdad and finished the job but the weenies in State objected.
He was a great public servant, with a long resume of public service.
Let's see you say the same thing when GW's birthday comes along.

You mean weenies like then Defense Secretary Dick Cheney who said going into Baghdad would result in a quagmire?

I know a retired Secret Service agent who served Nixon through Clinton.

Says Bush Senior was the best man of the lot and Reagan was the worst.

Meh, I have a sneaking suspicion that he has a good amount of blood on his hands...and oil.

As do all Presidents.

But over all..he limited military operations to ones with very specific goals over a short span of time.

Panama is a great example. Let me say..I didn't agree with it..but it was done very well. Both in terms of a military operation and the political aftermath. Panama actually benefitted from the removal of Noreiga. And after he was extracted, he was given due process and got a fair trial.

That's "Smart Power".

Meh, I have a sneaking suspicion that he has a good amount of blood on his hands...and oil.

As do all Presidents.

But over all..he limited military operations to ones with very specific goals over a short span of time.

Panama is a great example. Let me say..I didn't agree with it..but it was done very well. Both in terms of a military operation and the political aftermath. Panama actually benefitted from the removal of Noreiga. And after he was extracted, he was given due process and got a fair trial.

That's "Smart Power".

To be fair though his impact started during his tenure at the CIA. I agree though, wars during his administration and the preceding one were swift and effective.

As do all Presidents.

That's "Smart Power".

To be fair though his impact started during his tenure at the CIA. I agree though, wars during his administration and the preceding one were swift and effective.

That's basically because of George HW Bush. He had a great respect for covert ops..and use of technology over brute force.

Forum List

Back