Happy Birthday, George W. Bush (43)!

My favorite George Bush moment was right after 9-11 and he threw out the first pitch at Yankee Stadium

A perfect strike with some heat on it

IIRC, George W. Bush was raised primarily in Texas when George H.W. and Barbara moved to Odessa when he was very young.

George H.W. Bush made reference to this in his nomination acceptance speech in 1988 about "under the lights on Friday night" referring to high school football.

Which of course lent itself to the title of the book "Friday Night Lights".

Fuck George W Bush, The Asshole.

What was the count of dead soldiers from Iraq who never even saw their next birthdays?

Most soldiers who served under Bush when he was Commander in Chief do not concur with your sentiment. Gore knew this about Bush and support among troops which is why he hitched his wagon on a minute technicality to have the troops' votes thrown out in the 2000 Election.

-NON PARTISAN THREAD-

Nope.

Can't do it.

This world would be a lot better off if he had not been born, not been president and did not have birthdays. That's just the way it is and wishing it were not will never change the facts.

Fuck George W Bush, The Asshole.

What was the count of dead soldiers from Iraq who never even saw their next birthdays?

Plus hundreds of thousands of civilians killed and maimed, a country decimated, more debt than we can ever dig out of.

He and his henchmen were and are evil.

Just want to remind again: this is a non-partisan thread and simply a Happy Birthday, nothing less and nothing more.

A number of members understood this, like Sallow and Rightwinger and Peach.

You know, sometimes just a birthday wish is a birthday wish. And I do think that former Pres. George W. Bush deserves our best wishes for his birthday.

That's your opinion.. More power to ya.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

-NON PARTISAN THREAD-

Nope.

Can't do it.

This world would be a lot better off if he had not been born, not been president and did not have birthdays. That's just the way it is and wishing it were not will never change the facts.

No.

Disagree.

History is what it is, the earth is still rotating on it's axis, and Adoschem up in the heavens knows EXACTLY what he is doing. Whether or not I liked his politics is in this case totally irrelevant: George W. Bush was our 43rd President, elected twice, served eight years and is now part of history. Wishing him a happy birthday is a simple, human thing to do.

It's not as if Bush was a Stalin or a Pol Pot or a Ghengis Khan or - gasp - a Hitler. He was not.

Geez.

Just want to remind again: this is a non-partisan thread and simply a Happy Birthday, nothing less and nothing more.

You know, sometimes just a birthday wish is a birthday wish. And I do think that former Pres. George W. Bush deserves our best wishes for his birthday.

Funny, how you include Peach, she got her barb in this thread as well, so why would you include her in "it's just a birthday wish"?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

-NON PARTISAN THREAD-

330px-George-W-Bush.jpeg

Former US President George W. Bush (R, 2001-2009), celebrates his 68th birthday this weekend.

George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Former President Bush was born on July 6th, 1946, in New Haven, Connecticut and was raised in Midland and Houston, Texas.

He was 55 years old when he was elected as our 43rd president in 2000 and inaugurated in 2001.

Happy Birthday, President Bush, and many, many more!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, our last four presidents have all been born in the summer months of June, July or August:

George H. W. Bush (41): June 12, 1924 (90 years old)
Bill Clinton: August 19th, 1946 (67 years old, soon to be 68)
George W. Bush (43): July 6th, 1946 (68 years old)
Barack Obama: August 4th, 1961 (52 years old, soon to be 53)

Former President Jimmy Carter was also born in 1924, on October 1, so soon we have two former still-living presidents who will be in their nineties. That is a great rarity in American politics. In fact, I remember no other time in our history where two former presidents have made it to 90 at the same time: John Adams made it to 90 and died in 1826. Herbert Hoover made it to 90 and died in 1964. Ronald Reagan made it to 93 and died in 2004. So, when Jimmy Carter turns 90 in October, he will join a club of only five presidents to have made it this far. Ronald Reagan lived the longest of any US President in history thus far.

Here's hoping for long life for all of these Presidents who are still living, of course. :)

Many pleasant returns, though he was raised primarily in Maine.

Right, that's how he got the Texas accent.

He went to high school and college, post-grad in MA, CT and MA again but before that and since 1977 he's been in Texas.

-NON PARTISAN THREAD-

330px-George-W-Bush.jpeg

Former US President George W. Bush (R, 2001-2009), celebrates his 68th birthday this weekend.

George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Former President Bush was born on July 6th, 1946, in New Haven, Connecticut and was raised in Midland and Houston, Texas.

He was 55 years old when he was elected as our 43rd president in 2000 and inaugurated in 2001.

Happy Birthday, President Bush, and many, many more!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, our last four presidents have all been born in the summer months of June, July or August:

George H. W. Bush (41): June 12, 1924 (90 years old)
Bill Clinton: August 19th, 1946 (67 years old, soon to be 68)
George W. Bush (43): July 6th, 1946 (68 years old)
Barack Obama: August 4th, 1961 (52 years old, soon to be 53)

Former President Jimmy Carter was also born in 1924, on October 1, so soon we have two former still-living presidents who will be in their nineties. That is a great rarity in American politics. In fact, I remember no other time in our history where two former presidents have made it to 90 at the same time: John Adams made it to 90 and died in 1826. Herbert Hoover made it to 90 and died in 1964. Ronald Reagan made it to 93 and died in 2004. So, when Jimmy Carter turns 90 in October, he will join a club of only five presidents to have made it this far. Ronald Reagan lived the longest of any US President in history thus far.

Here's hoping for long life for all of these Presidents who are still living, of course. :)

Right, that's how he got the Texas accent.

He went to high school and college, post-grad in MA, CT and MA again but before that and since 1977 he's been in Texas.

Summers & holidays in Maine. Born in Mass., he is free to be a resident & claim domicile in Texas, I hear a New England twang in his speech, but everyone can differ. He always seemed a prep school guy to me.

Funny, how you include Peach, she got her barb in this thread as well, so why would you include her in "it's just a birthday wish"?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I didn't see a barb at all, she also wished the former President a happy birthday. So, what's your beef, here?

The wiki claims that he was raised mostly in Texas. No way to measure the exact number of days here.... but yeah, he was also raised in Maine, I assume, in Kennebunkport. However, at least through the 8th grade, he was raised in Texas.

From Andover to Yale, a northeastern guy. Plus summers in Maine, and holidays. But he claims Texas, so that is his home state. He retired to Houston, in a condo of course, the "ranch years" were short lived. :D

What? He doesn't live in Houston unless he's moved. He lives in the Prestonwood area of Dallas. Maybe you mean 41. He and Barbara Bush had a home in the Memorial area of Houston for many years. Not a condo, though.

And he wasn't raised primarily or remotely in Maine:

"""By the time George was two, the family had moved to West Texas, where his father started working in the oil industry. When the Bush family first moved to Midland, they bought a house at 405 East Maple, among a cluster of tiny colorful houses in a development nicknamed Easter Egg Row. In November of 1951, the Bushes purchased a larger home for their growing family at 1412 W. Ohio Avenue. This home was built in 1939, but by the time the Bush Family occupied the Home, it had two additions bringing the size to 1547 square-feet plus a detached garage.

President George W. Bush has expressed fond memories of his childhood home on W. Ohio where he attended nearby Sam Houston Elementary School and then San Jacinto Junior High. He began high school in Houston, Texas, at Kincaid High School and then followed in the footsteps of his father by completing his high school education at Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts."""

Bush Family History :: George W. Bush Childhood Home

Kennebunkport is just their vacay home in the summer. I've spent summers in nearby Ogunquit, down the road and that is what the locals say.

Forum List

Back