Halloween - Tradition?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Do you have any?

Particular candy you give out?
Do you lock up the house and shut off the lights and go somewhere?
Do you dress up and go out with the kids? Go to a party elsewhere?

Ever have "retribution" for running out of candy or not being home?

Being in a very very very rural well basically wilderness community I load up for kids because I never have a clue how many are going to come by. I wouldn't want any baby to be disappointed.

The kids have to go door to door with bear spray hahaha. So I make sure they really get loaded down for the effort.

And last year we bought this giant inflatable black cat that is just too funny for the front lawn. Kept the deer from eating my hydrangeas too :lol: I saw this set of pumpkin family inflatables I think we should get this year.

ETA: I have to add here that these kids parents are awesome because it is no small feat to drive their children around from house to house so kudos to these really awesome mom and dads who in the dark on atvs and pick up trucks and one year snowmobiles get their kids out for halloween.

Last edited:
All Saints Day. Used to go to the cemetery lighting candles on graves. The whole town was honoring their dead with that. The city placed candles at the military section on graves since many buried there had not known relatives.
th
th
Similar to these pictures

All Saints Day. Used to go to the cemetery lighting candles on graves. The whole town was honoring their dead with that. The city placed candles at the military section on graves since many buried there had not known relatives.
th
th
Similar to these pictures

... or Reformation Day....

That's a beautiful thing to do....

Being in a very very very rural well basically wilderness community I load up for kids because I never have a clue how many are going to come by. I wouldn't want any baby to be disappointed.

The kids have to go door to door with bear spray hahaha. So I make sure they really get loaded down for the effort.

And last year we bought this giant inflatable black cat that is just too funny for the front lawn. Kept the deer from eating my hydrangeas too :lol: I saw this set of pumpkin family inflatables I think we should get this year.

Sounds awesome! I never got any inflatable things - the kids love them (mine are grown...)

I love Halloween. Because I love talking to the children and seeing their costumes...... I prefer to stay home and give out the candy and talk to the people. Even the teenagers.... I give them a hard time too... ;)

Using various rituals and traditions derived from my own badass imagination as well as certain cultures around me and elsewhere in the world, I celebrate Halloween on October 31, Samhain all night October 31 and all day November 1, and Dia de los Muertos from October 31 to November 2. It all merges together into an epic three day/ three night festival of death.

Of even more importance, and for me personally... Samhain marks the Midpoint of the Sabbat of Ishtar/ Ashtoreth and the Sabbat of Lilith/ Ereshkigal. Considering that these goddesses are currently the most significant deities in my pantheon (besides YHWH), Samhain is the most sacred time of year in my spiritual/ religious system... when the energies of these two magnificent goddesses are in perfect harmony with each other...

I guess that my tradition is wondering if any kids will come to my house at all. Because the street that I live on is kind of a busy one and not one that is part of a neighborhood area, I only get a few kids if I get any at all.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Used to have huge theme Halloween parties,we'd start planning months ahead so everyone knew the theme.
The best was the beach theme..
We knew we needed to do some leveling in the yard and under the deck so we had 4 dump trucks of sand brought in and covered the back yard and deck with sand and all means of beach items.
Costume winner?
A chick sprayed her boobs with some kind of adhesive and sprinkled sand over em and glued on a few "small" sea shells and and called herself a sand dune..

I don't really have any kind of Halloween traditions. I used to take my son out. I've gone to parties, costume and non-costume, and I've just stayed home, so it really just depends. I feel bad for people who host parties every year. There must be some times when they don't feel like hosting a party. While I like going to parties, what a PITA it is to put one on!!! Expensive, time consuming with planning, and the worst part? Cleaning up afterwards. Lol. :D

We're a more affluent area that gets a lot of visitors driven in on Halloween from certain parts of the neighboring bigger city. I used to get a bit peeved about it thinking they're coming in hopes of bigger/better or more treats than they'd likely collect from their neighbors, but then I realized if I was one of the parents I wouldn't want to be taking my kids around where they live either. Some aren't so polite and whatnot, but I can say the same about some of our local kids too.

We're a more affluent area that gets a lot of visitors driven in on Halloween from certain parts of the neighboring bigger city. I used to get a bit peeved about it thinking they're coming in hopes of bigger/better or more treats than they'd likely collect from their neighbors, but then I realized if I was one of the parents I wouldn't want to be taking my kids around where they live either. Some aren't so polite and whatnot, but I can say the same about some of our local kids too.

I live on a dead end, so we don't get many kids around here. None last year actually. There are some kids in the neighborhood, but if they go out, they probably go in the other direction where there are more houses.

I live on a dead end, so we don't get many kids around here. None last year actually. There are some kids in the neighborhood, but if they go out, they probably go in the other direction where there are more houses.
Nobody wants to be trapped in the cul-de-sac with you.

Stalker, am I going to have to put you back on ignore, or are you going to learn how to behave like an adult?

Little creeper, what is bothering you NOW? :D Is there something you would like to discuss and get off your tiny little chicken chest?

Stalker, am I going to have to put you back on ignore, or are you going to learn how to behave like an adult?
What do you mean "stalker?" What was the last time I talked to you. You popped up on this thread becasue I was already in discussion in it. :badgrin::banana:

Little creeper, what is bothering you NOW? :D Is there something you would like to discuss and get off your tiny little chicken chest?
Hahaha.. it is so easy... You came out to play so fast and I did not even ask about your age. :badgrin::banana:

Forum List

Back