Halloween is my favorite holiday!~

All modeling is not about sex, KG....just like halloween is not all about devil worship.
Grow up.

I stopped to pick up some apples today and the woman in line in front of me was babbling on about being 'a Halloween baby.' Well, I could believe it. She looked like a cadaver. I'm pretty sure she was NOT made up. Then out on the parking lot was an old woman wearing a piece of striped cloth and a Mexican hat. She was using a walker. I think the hat was holding her down. She wasn't Latina.

No trick or treaters. Too far out and we are all just a bunch of old people here. I always buy a little something just in case, but so far none since I have lived here. When I was in Nashville I would leave a bowl of goodies on the porch with a sign that said, 'honor system, help yourself.' They always did and there was usually some left.

Common sense will tell you that adults who claim that Christmas and Thanksgiving pale in comparison to Halloween should be avoided in a normal social context.

Does that make me evil? :eek:

:eusa_angel:

I <3 Halloween, always have.

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I like the horror-aspects of it, and disavow happy-faced pumpkin / Frankenstein décor. That shit pisses me off, I see it and I literally elbow myself in the nuts repeatedly for the punishment of seeing it.

(stop trying to see if your elbows reach your balls, retard)

Here is my plan: In college, I used to have the yearly costume banger - cuz me and my boy rented a house and had the square footage. It usually got us between 65 and 100 guests, and we were able to organize a beer pong tourney and get a dj (my step brother who I found out about in my early 20's, oddly).

And so I'm bringing that back, adult style and a little more sophisticated starting next year. I'm going to try to acquire as many Halloween decorations as normal people have for Christmas, maybe more. One rule: no happy face bullshit. All dark & creepy. So tomorrow, when everything drops to such low prices, the collection begins.

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] the Auntie of the board and any other heavy-wallet light skinned folks (joke), I'm open to donations toward living my dream! Hell, y'all should attend the party next year. There will be prime rib, and I'm not talking about food. :smiliehug:

No. I don't believe celebrating a satanic holiday is evil because you are not aware it is satanic. Yet I do not believe God would have us to be unaware of what Satan is up to so with that I'll provide a link that is graphic in description of what these satanists celebrate on halloween and what they do. It is a calendar of all of their "unholy days" and it would be using wisdom not to participate in them. imo. If graphic descriptions trouble you don't view the link.

LIST OF SATANIC HOLIDAYS (SRA)

This fulfills the warning in Ephesians 4: 11, 12 which says, Have nothing to do with the fruitless works of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret.

It is called occult for a reason. They do these evil acts in secret. God does not hold us accountable for things which he knows we had no idea of. Which is why he tells his servants to expose those works so others will know. - Jeri

Oh come off it. There's no such thing as "Satan". Time to grow up and chuck the night light.

Samhain and the other pagan holy-days and accoutrements (Yuletide, May Day, the Maypole, Imbolc (Candelmas cum Groundhog Day), "Valentine"'s Day, decorated trees and misteltoe, Easter, all of these were painted over by Christianism in a massive co-optation. They knew the people wouldn't give up their solstices and harvest festivals so they invented whole new names and purposes, even people (Valentine) to pave over the old story. The gods of the old religion, literally and figuratively, become the "devils" of the new. Sadly it's an old story.

Last edited:
It's all fab...except...

Halloween isn't a holiday.

It's the night before the real holiday, which is All Saints Day...which is one of the oldest observed Christian holidays that exists.

Bullshit. Samhain was around long, long, LONG before Jesus was a twinkle in God's eye. "All Saints Day" is another bullshit contrivance plunked down to piggyback on the existing holy-days. And it is a holy-day since it's dealing with the mystic.

We can only hope that one day archaeologists will break through whatever rock you live under out there in Ignorancistan.

Its a holiday. Holidays are holidays cuz ppl made them so. Ppl celebrate halloween = halloween is a holiday

No, it really isn't.

Gads you relativists are a bore. Things do not pop into existence based on the power of your thought.

"
1hol·i·day

noun : a special day of celebration : a day when most people do not have to work

Full Definition of HOLIDAY

: holy day

: a day on which one is exempt from work; specifically : a day marked by a general suspension of work in commemoration of an event ."

I don't know about you, but I have never seen anyone get Halloween off. Not from real jobs.

Holiday - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Here you just defined "holiday" correctly -- and then proceeded to utterly ignore your own definition, claiming it has something to do with "getting off". Which sounds like a personal problem.

But it is a holiday in that definition's sense, as noted above, and in post 2 in more detail. The day when the intersection between the worldly and the spiritual is at its thinnest -- you don't get much more spiritual than that.

Last edited:
ppl become prudes man. wtf

It's instructive when all the control freaks come out in desperation to hush these things up. They don't see us jumping in on threads about Easter and Christmas. Even though they hijacked them from popular practice in the first place.

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I like the horror-aspects of it, and disavow happy-faced pumpkin / Frankenstein décor. That shit pisses me off, I see it and I literally elbow myself in the nuts repeatedly for the punishment of seeing it.

Here is my plan: In college, I used to have the yearly costume banger - cuz me and my boy rented a house and had the square footage. It usually got us between 65 and 100 guests, and we were able to organize a beer pong tourney and get a dj (my step brother who I found out about in my early 20's, oddly).

And so I'm bringing that back, adult style and a little more sophisticated starting next year. I'm going to try to acquire as many Halloween decorations as normal people have for Christmas, maybe more. One rule: no happy face bullshit. All dark & creepy. So tomorrow, when everything drops to such low prices, the collection begins.

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] the Auntie of the board and any other heavy-wallet light skinned folks (joke), I'm open to donations toward living my dream! Hell, y'all should attend the party next year. There will be prime rib, and I'm not talking about food. :smiliehug:

I'm still too new here to know everyone's leanings and many of you seem to hide the clues from even your profile pages (ashamed to admit it maybe?), so I'll aks. "are you a liberal or conservative or what?"

I'm in the process of formulating a rule of thumb belief about Halloween and I need your info to help with my informal research.

Thanx in advance!

:)

I'm still too new here to know everyone's leanings and many of you seem to hide the clues from even your profile pages (ashamed to admit it maybe?), so I'll aks. "are you a liberal or conservative or what?"

I'm in the process of formulating a rule of thumb belief about Halloween and I need your info to help with my informal research.

Thanx in advance!

I am unaffiliated

I too love Halloween. It's meant for fun and nothing else. Kids used to rule Halloween but more and more it's becoming an adult holiday, much like St. Patrick's Day.

I've met at least one family that eschews everything Halloween. They are deeply religious, or so they say. So their kids don't dress up and canvass the neighborhood for candy. No parties with bobbing for apples and glazed donuts washed down with apple cider, no jack-o-lanterns. Think of that part of your own childhood and then think of it being ripped out by parents who read the bible differently from everyone else. What a pity.

My only problem with Halloween is the out-of-town trick-or-treaters. I live right where Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio meet. While I live in the Buckeye State, I watch each Halloween as POS pick up trucks and mini vans with out of state plates drop off kids a dozen at a time. Because my home is on a corner in a neighborhood that has large, well maintained homes sitting cheek to jowl along our notoriously steep hillsides, I get to see the out of state invaders as they come ashore. "You do this street and the next one over and I'll meet you at the stop light!" called one West Virginia mom as her kids tumbled out of the bed of her rusty pick up truck.

My message is: "Hey Gomer! Let your kids work your trailer park! My neighborhood is already crawling with kids who live here!"

Another nut job, criticize people for not celebrating and then be an asshole about sharing your candy with kids.

Thanx in advance!

Howdy Newbie, and welcome at the fray.

This is the Religion forum (Politics is separate) so you may find some of us here also post in Politics, others don't. I do but I don't think the OP does. You'll find a migrant population where each of us has multiple areas of interest. Sometimes Politics is one of them, sometimes not.

I don't remember a heading in the Profile for listing one's political affiliation, but your best bet is to peruse Politics and get to know who's who. Me, I'm a staunch anti-labelist, so you'll get nothing outta me on that front, though I'm sure at least one of the wags already here will be happy to paint me colorfully. And she'll do so with about as much clue as she has about All Saints Day. :doubt:

I too love Halloween. It's meant for fun and nothing else. Kids used to rule Halloween but more and more it's becoming an adult holiday, much like St. Patrick's Day.

I've met at least one family that eschews everything Halloween. They are deeply religious, or so they say. So their kids don't dress up and canvass the neighborhood for candy. No parties with bobbing for apples and glazed donuts washed down with apple cider, no jack-o-lanterns. Think of that part of your own childhood and then think of it being ripped out by parents who read the bible differently from everyone else. What a pity.

My only problem with Halloween is the out-of-town trick-or-treaters. I live right where Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio meet. While I live in the Buckeye State, I watch each Halloween as POS pick up trucks and mini vans with out of state plates drop off kids a dozen at a time. Because my home is on a corner in a neighborhood that has large, well maintained homes sitting cheek to jowl along our notoriously steep hillsides, I get to see the out of state invaders as they come ashore. "You do this street and the next one over and I'll meet you at the stop light!" called one West Virginia mom as her kids tumbled out of the bed of her rusty pick up truck.

My message is: "Hey Gomer! Let your kids work your trailer park! My neighborhood is already crawling with kids who live here!"

Another nut job, criticize people for not celebrating and then be an asshole about sharing your candy with kids.

Actually he's complaining about immigrants. Thought you'd be sympathetic with that.
:dunno:

We are not looking at you. Its ok. We're looking PAST you. You have a choice: live to the fullest or die a ratchety hater. Right now - youre a dusty ole' hater. Step aside, Miss. Youre not NEEDED here.

Oh sure. Send her back to the Politics forum. Be still my heart. :rolleyes:

Thanx in advance!

I am unaffiliated

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3lQSxNdr3c]Squish Like Grape (karate kid) - YouTube[/ame]

Miyagi: Now, ready?
Daniel: Yeah, I guess so.
Miyagi: [sighs] Daniel-san, must talk.
[they both kneel]
Miyagi: Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later
[makes squish gesture]
Miyagi: get squish just like grape. Here, karate, same thing. Either you karate do "yes" or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so,"
[makes squish gesture]
Miyagi: just like grape. Understand?

Daniel: Yeah, I understand.
Miyagi: Now, ready?
Daniel: Yeah, I'm ready.

Forum List

Back