Halloween is my favorite holiday!~

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
Does that make me evil? :eek:

:eusa_angel:

I <3 Halloween, always have.

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I like the horror-aspects of it, and disavow happy-faced pumpkin / Frankenstein décor. That shit pisses me off, I see it and I literally elbow myself in the nuts repeatedly for the punishment of seeing it.

(stop trying to see if your elbows reach your balls, retard)

Here is my plan: In college, I used to have the yearly costume banger - cuz me and my boy rented a house and had the square footage. It usually got us between 65 and 100 guests, and we were able to organize a beer pong tourney and get a dj (my step brother who I found out about in my early 20's, oddly).

And so I'm bringing that back, adult style and a little more sophisticated starting next year. I'm going to try to acquire as many Halloween decorations as normal people have for Christmas, maybe more. One rule: no happy face bullshit. All dark & creepy. So tomorrow, when everything drops to such low prices, the collection begins.

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] the Auntie of the board and any other heavy-wallet light skinned folks (joke), I'm open to donations toward living my dream! Hell, y'all should attend the party next year. There will be prime rib, and I'm not talking about food. :smiliehug:

skull.gif
All Hallows Eve
skull.gif

All Hallows Eve ("Hallowe'en) is one of the most important pre-Christian ("pagan", meaning connected to the countryside) spiritual holidays in a calendar closely connected to the Earth and its changes. Called Samhain (Gaelic: SOW-in) in ancient Celtic Europe, this marked the autumn harvest time and was reckoned sunset to sunset, October 31 to November 1. It also marks one of the four "cross-quarter" days, being halfway between an equinox and a solstice. Because of this temporal "seam" it was considered a liminal time when cracks in the space-time continuum would open the veil between the departed and the living would be at its thinnest and most accessible. At one point this date also marked the end/beginning of the year, coinciding with the end of the growing season.

Its ancient divinatory practices included bobbing for apples (used as symbols of the soul) and gazing into mirrors where sought or unsought communications might come from the spirits of the dead. Naturally this could get a little weird. Downright scary. Seeing the future was also sought after: they said peeling an apple before a candlelit mirror would reveal your future spouse.

Samhain is derived from the Aryan god Samana, roughly equivalent to our Grim Reaper, and also the derivation of the proper name Samuel.

So once it gets dark tonight.... go see what's in the mirror... :ack-1:

If you need a mood-setter, there's lots of Hallowe'en music set up in the Jukebox...

halloween-black-cat.gif

WoOoooooOOOOOoooOOOOOooooOoooOooooOoooooo......

Last edited:

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I like the horror-aspects of it, and disavow happy-faced pumpkin / Frankenstein décor. That shit pisses me off, I see it and I literally elbow myself in the nuts repeatedly for the punishment of seeing it.

Here is my plan: In college, I used to have the yearly costume banger - cuz me and my boy rented a house and had the square footage. It usually got us between 65 and 100 guests, and we were able to organize a beer pong tourney and get a dj (my step brother who I found out about in my early 20's, oddly).

And so I'm bringing that back, adult style and a little more sophisticated starting next year. I'm going to try to acquire as many Halloween decorations as normal people have for Christmas, maybe more. One rule: no happy face bullshit. All dark & creepy. So tomorrow, when everything drops to such low prices, the collection begins.

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] the Auntie of the board and any other heavy-wallet light skinned folks (joke), I'm open to donations toward living my dream! Hell, y'all should attend the party next year. There will be prime rib, and I'm not talking about food. :smiliehug:

you must be double jointed.

skull.gif
All Hallows Eve
skull.gif

All Hallows Eve ("Hallowe'en) is one of the most important pre-Christian ("pagan", meaning connected to the countryside) spiritual holidays in a calendar closely connected to the Earth and its changes. Called Samhain (Gaelic: SOW-in) in ancient Celtic Europe, this marked the autumn harvest time and was reckoned sunset to sunset, October 31 to November 1. It also marks one of the four "cross-quarter" days, being halfway between an equinox and a solstice. Because of this temporal "seam" it was considered a liminal time when cracks in the space-time continuum would open the veil between the departed and the living would be at its thinnest and most accessible. At one point this date also marked the end/beginning of the year, coinciding with the end of the growing season.

Its ancient divinatory practices included bobbing for apples (used as symbols of the soul) and gazing into mirrors where sought or unsought communications might come from the spirits of the dead. Naturally this could get a little weird. Downright scary. Seeing the future was also sought after: they said peeling an apple before a candlelit mirror would reveal your future spouse.

Samhain is derived from the Aryan god Samana, roughly equivalent to our Grim Reaper, and also the derivation of the proper name Samuel.

If you need a mood-setter, there's lots of Hallowe'en music set up in the Jukebox...

halloween-black-cat.gif

Make sure you look up the word "bonfire" in the Oxford English Dictionary. It comes from the word "bonefire" because the Pagans use to burn people.

you must be double jointed.

I think you have to remove the balls first. After that it's easy.

Call me an old crank, but I find Halloween to be a major league pain in the ass.

Favorite top 5 holidays in order:

1. Thanksgiving: Holiday that is all about eating = win
2. St. Patricks Day: Holiday that is all about drinking = just slightly less win
3. Halloween. Excuse for a 38 year old to dress like a pirate.
4. Christmas: Shopping is a pain but hanging with family is nice
5. 4th of July. Explosions and Grilling

2. St. Patricks Day: Holiday that is all about drinking = just slightly less win

where's your family from?

I'm Italian, ALL our holidays are about eating & drinking!~

Irish-italian, i know they are all about eating and drinking, but Thanksgiving is the one that is pretty much ALL about that, without all the extra baggage.

skull.gif
All Hallows Eve
skull.gif

halloween-black-cat.gif

Make sure you look up the word "bonfire" in the Oxford English Dictionary. It comes from the word "bonefire" because the Pagans use to burn people.

This is where the rubber meets the road of superstition. Bonfire does mean 'bane-fire' (bane = bone) but these seasonal bane-fires disposed of the bones of slaughtered cattle, again coinciding with the season.

Point well taken that bonfires are a part of this holy-day that survives less today than the general veil between the dead and living, but this was also an integral part of it. Walking between bonfires was a cleansing ritual. Bonfires serve this role in many a pagan holiday, especially Beltane, the cross-quarter day exactly six months away, the spring ritual literally named for "fire" which we now call May Day.

I'm not a heavy wallet yet - but for obvious reasons, you are at the top of my "Ellen" list for why I think you deserve one helluva party.

And since I'm a grandma from a long line of grandmas, all anybody has to do is wave a picture of a toddler and say "You might see her in person!!" and I'm there in a solid half-heartbeat. ;)

I too love Halloween. It's meant for fun and nothing else. Kids used to rule Halloween but more and more it's becoming an adult holiday, much like St. Patrick's Day.

I've met at least one family that eschews everything Halloween. They are deeply religious, or so they say. So their kids don't dress up and canvass the neighborhood for candy. No parties with bobbing for apples and glazed donuts washed down with apple cider, no jack-o-lanterns. Think of that part of your own childhood and then think of it being ripped out by parents who read the bible differently from everyone else. What a pity.

My only problem with Halloween is the out-of-town trick-or-treaters. I live right where Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio meet. While I live in the Buckeye State, I watch each Halloween as POS pick up trucks and mini vans with out of state plates drop off kids a dozen at a time. Because my home is on a corner in a neighborhood that has large, well maintained homes sitting cheek to jowl along our notoriously steep hillsides, I get to see the out of state invaders as they come ashore. "You do this street and the next one over and I'll meet you at the stop light!" called one West Virginia mom as her kids tumbled out of the bed of her rusty pick up truck.

My message is: "Hey Gomer! Let your kids work your trailer park! My neighborhood is already crawling with kids who live here!"

WTFFFFffff..

I just went to the kitchen for some indulgence and found out my wife didn't buy peanut butter cups for our trick or treaters (ME).

That's all folks, I'm leaving the bitch so ladies, GT the young handsome sophisticated stud is back on the market. Please, do not step on my sneakers.

Irish-italian, i know they are all about eating and drinking, but Thanksgiving is the one that is pretty much ALL about that, without all the extra baggage.

Irish and Italian, there's two groups who are no strangers to the supernatural.

Years ago when I bought a new car I drove it to my (Sicilian) girlfriend's house. As soon as she saw the car she ran in the house and without a word brought out a bright red ribbon that she tied to the rear-view mirror.

"uh- what's that?" I asked.

"Maloccio" she ansnwered. "Protection from the evil eye".

That thing worked too, because over the next 200,000 miles I escaped some hairy traffic situations performing maneuvers that simply should not be possible under the laws of physics. I still don't know how I did it, or IF I did it.

Her family's got some ... special connections. An uncle of hers went to Queen Elizabeth's coronation in 1953, recounting excruciating details he couldn't have known without being there.

So what, you say?

He never physically left his house... :eek:

No. I don't believe celebrating a satanic holiday is evil because you are not aware it is satanic. Yet I do not believe God would have us to be unaware of what Satan is up to so with that I'll provide a link that is graphic in description of what these satanists celebrate on halloween and what they do. It is a calendar of all of their "unholy days" and it would be using wisdom not to participate in them. imo. If graphic descriptions trouble you don't view the link.

LIST OF SATANIC HOLIDAYS (SRA)

This fulfills the warning in Ephesians 4: 11, 12 which says, Have nothing to do with the fruitless works of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret.

It is called occult for a reason. They do these evil acts in secret. God does not hold us accountable for things which he knows we had no idea of. Which is why he tells his servants to expose those works so others will know. - Jeri

Last edited:

The world( which Jesus taught to be no part of) added the occult and pagan practices in the outfits, movie themes. party themes, etc--the occult = the table of demons--- Gods word teaches--- One cannot partake of the table of God and the table of demons-- a wise one learns one from the other so they do not partake as God commands.

Lololol fool no "god" is mad that i like halloween

Forum List

Back