Halloween is my favorite holiday!~

Samhein is my favorite time of the year!​

Regardless if how it is celebrated, it is accurate to call it a "holiday", whether you are referring to Halloween or Samhein, or even the three-day Mexican holiday of Day of the Dead.

As a Pagan, there are eight extremely significant moments of the year for us and Samhein is one of them. These days are the Spring and Autumn Equinoxes, the Winter and Summer Solstices, and their midpoints. They can be viewed as "Sabbats" or "holidays" or "festivals" or "celebrations", it really doesn't matter.

Most cultures will develop holidays along many of these dates because of Earth's Nature, the seasons, astronomy, the yearly cycles, and how it relates to our culture and/ or religion.

Many believe that Christians twisted some Pagan "holidays" to make it easier to manipulate Pagans into converting to their religion. Accurate as that may be, it really doesn't matter to many of us because any religion who pays close attention to the Earth and the sky would develop "holidays", rituals, or celebrations on many of these days anyway.

These are extremely epic and powerful moments of the year for many people, but especially Pagans. Even though some Sabbats- like the Solstices and Equinoxes- technically only last for a few moments, the entire day is just filled with this unique energy, which you would feel if you've celebrated them long enough.

During the Sabbats... from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to rest, everything is more... special. Magickal. This euphoria overcomes you. Your senses feel heightened, your spirit feels more "awake", you feel more connected to Nature, the Earth, your Gods, your past, and your ancestors. You feel compelled to do something extraordinary on those days. Its kind of how a child would feel on their birthday- but greater than that! Because its not just about you... its about everyone! And the Earth! And the Gods! And Nature, and the cosmos, and spirituality, and so much more!

If you believe in Gods and other spirits, you can feel them encouraging you to make the most out of the Sabbats when they come!

I encourage everyone, regardless of their religion, to annually embrace these eight magickal Sabbats of Nature and develop their own spiritual traditions around them!​

Last edited:
Trick or Treating has been officially moved to Saturday November 1st rather than the traditional October 31 because there is a high school football game scheduled for the evening of the 31st.

Now, this high school football team is currently 0-8. I doubt that families will be flocking to the stadium unless they have family members on the field. But, there it is. Our Halloween is delayed to accommodate a losing team.

Trick or Treating has been officially moved to Saturday November 1st rather than the traditional October 31 because there is a high school football game scheduled for the evening of the 31st.

Now, this high school football team is currently 0-8. I doubt that families will be flocking to the stadium unless they have family members on the field. But, there it is. Our Halloween is delayed to accommodate a losing team.
Bummer...especially for the little ones..that know when Halloween is...

that is completely redonkulous!

While the town fathers postponed Trick or Treat for 24 hours, they did expand Trick or Treating hours by 30 minutes. Rather than 6:00 to 7:00, Halloweeners can stay out on the prowl until 7:30.

The first year I lived in my home (the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate) I bought three bags of candy while on my commute back home thinking that that should be sufficient. It lasted about twenty minutes! I got waves of kids. Mini vans pulled up in front of Pimplebutt and dropped off kids six at a time. And those mini vans and pick up trucks had out of state license plates!

"You do this street and the next street over and we'll pick you up at the stop light!" instructed the parents as their charges clamored out of the vehicles.

The next year, I took count of how many kids came by looking for candy. It turned out that there were 85 kids that year, and that night was cold and rainy.

Then, a minor miracle happened. The local Jaycees lost their lease on the abandoned school a block away from me. The Jaycees always had a 'haunted house' deal working as a fund raiser at the school. After they left, my Halloweeners fell of by 20%!

around me, there is no postponing, no time cutoffs, etc.

around me, there is no postponing, no time cutoffs, etc.
During the official Trick or Treat hours, there is a pronounced police presence on the streets. It's a good thing. It helps keep the knuckle draggers from speeding along residential streets as if they were on the on ramp at an interstate.

Boo!! :mad:

There is no argument whatsoever that makes football more important that Hallowe'en. Even if it's a winning team.
Priority train wreck.

Forum List

Back