Halloween is my favorite holiday!~

Kids are typically in bed by 9, and go to school the next day.

Schools still run on time...it's just a wee bit of revelry.

But not a holiday.

ht_shock_060727_ssv.jpg

Nice costume. :thup:

Does that make me evil? :eek:

:eusa_angel:

I <3 Halloween, always have.

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I like the horror-aspects of it, and disavow happy-faced pumpkin / Frankenstein décor. That shit pisses me off, I see it and I literally elbow myself in the nuts repeatedly for the punishment of seeing it.

(stop trying to see if your elbows reach your balls, retard)

Here is my plan: In college, I used to have the yearly costume banger - cuz me and my boy rented a house and had the square footage. It usually got us between 65 and 100 guests, and we were able to organize a beer pong tourney and get a dj (my step brother who I found out about in my early 20's, oddly).

And so I'm bringing that back, adult style and a little more sophisticated starting next year. I'm going to try to acquire as many Halloween decorations as normal people have for Christmas, maybe more. One rule: no happy face bullshit. All dark & creepy. So tomorrow, when everything drops to such low prices, the collection begins.

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] the Auntie of the board and any other heavy-wallet light skinned folks (joke), I'm open to donations toward living my dream! Hell, y'all should attend the party next year. There will be prime rib, and I'm not talking about food. :smiliehug:

we have done the same thing.... day after and everything is 50% off! SCORE!!

and.... just in case ...welcome to the new age!

Digital Dudz

3 kids just came by. One was 6 years old and was dressed as a pirate. Too cute. The other was a VERY well done Raggedy Ann doll. The last was a beautiful witch with pointy hat. They had their bags all ready for candy. I told the witch she needs to send in a pic of herself to Tyra when she is 18. That girl was stunning and she was only 11 years old.

Don't see anything devilish about any of them. They are kids. Wanting candy.

How could I forget to lay this one down....

Hallowe'en night. Doorbell rings. Lady opens the door.

Little boy in a pirate costume: "Trick or treat!"

"Ooooh, a pirate!" exclaims milady. "But where are your buccaneers?"

Kid thinks for a minute...

"Under my buccan hat!"

Next......

I'm still too new here to know everyone's leanings and many of you seem to hide the clues from even your profile pages (ashamed to admit it maybe?), so I'll aks. "are you a liberal or conservative or what?"

I'm in the process of formulating a rule of thumb belief about Halloween and I need your info to help with my informal research.

Thanx in advance!

:)

I am unaffiliated

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3lQSxNdr3c]Squish Like Grape (karate kid) - YouTube[/ame]

Miyagi: Now, ready?
Daniel: Yeah, I guess so.
Miyagi: [sighs] Daniel-san, must talk.
[they both kneel]
Miyagi: Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later
[makes squish gesture]
Miyagi: get squish just like grape. Here, karate, same thing. Either you karate do "yes" or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so,"
[makes squish gesture]
Miyagi: just like grape. Understand?

Daniel: Yeah, I understand.
Miyagi: Now, ready?
Daniel: Yeah, I'm ready.

no the same thing / bad analogy

I had no frickin' idea what he was going for there... :dunno:

it was an attempt to say that youll be run over, metaphorically, if you don't pick a side politically.

its a silly assertion. its brainless to pigeon-hole yourself.

I had no frickin' idea what he was going for there... :dunno:

it was an attempt to say that youll be run over, metaphorically, if you don't pick a side politically.

its a silly assertion. its brainless to pigeon-hole yourself.

Hey, I like the way you think. :thup:

Labeling is so left-brain.

Last edited:

But not a holiday.

It's a cultural observance. Not a holiday. For one thing it isn't even a day. It's a couple of hours in the evening.

But not a holiday.

It's a cultural observance. Not a holiday. For one thing it isn't even a day. It's a couple of hours in the evening.

Consider the source. Koshergrrrrrr thinks a holiday is defined by "getting off".

It is an ancient holy-day, and ran from sunset 10/31 to sunset 11/1. See post 2.
And I don't know what your experience is but I've seen people dressed up and going "Happy Hallowe'en" all day.

Even wiktard acknowledges it:

"
Why is Halloween not a holiday?

Answer:

because its not the true reloign of the united states
I am a different person than who wrote the above:
This is not true- it is technically an unofficial holiday. The United States does not have a specific denomination of religion."

Though the answer is incoherent, as most of wikis masses of contributors and slavish followers are, even the wiktards recognize it's not a holiday.

And it makes them MAD!

Why is Halloween not a holiday

So even though any uniformed tard can post on Wiki and most of the posts are incorrect, this true because you want it to be.

Let me clue you in - the US doesn't have any official religion.

If you want to see a proper Halloween party, go to the Kent, Ohio, Freakfest. It's on the Saturday before Halloween, from sunset until the bars close.

This year was unusually cold, so attendance was WAY down and almost no one dressed up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqre0AZHWY0]Kent Ohio Halloween 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

This one's from 2009 (the ones dressed as cops are real cops):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMWuJBrnHio]Halloween in Kent Ohio - YouTube[/ame]

Halloween turned mean and bitter when the transvestites and the nut cases took over back in the 60's. It's a big moneymaker for the candy industry and hollyweird and some kids might enjoy it for a while but a certain faction of strange adults seem to enjoy it a little too much. The ironic thing is that society authorizes all sorts of depravity at taxpayer expense during Halloween but God help you if you want to put up a Christmas tree on public property in December.
yeah. sure. Halloween was corrupted by 'big candy'.

[ame=http://youtu.be/l3NFOMHDFzg]Meet Me In St Louis "I am the most horrible!" - YouTube[/ame]

Go to West Hollywood. It's the biggest Halloween celebration in the world. That must be why I did not see a single person in costume. They all went to WeHo.

Go to West Hollywood. It's the biggest Halloween celebration in the world. That must be why I did not see a single person in costume. They all went to WeHo.

Frenchmen Street in New Orleans is a pretty good freak show too :thup:

Halloween turned mean and bitter when the transvestites and the nut cases took over back in the 60's. It's a big moneymaker for the candy industry and hollyweird and some kids might enjoy it for a while but a certain faction of strange adults seem to enjoy it a little too much. The ironic thing is that society authorizes all sorts of depravity at taxpayer expense during Halloween but God help you if you want to put up a Christmas tree on public property in December.
yeah. sure. Halloween was corrupted by 'big candy'.

[ame=http://youtu.be/l3NFOMHDFzg]Meet Me In St Louis "I am the most horrible!" - YouTube[/ame]

And "Big Costume". :lol:

Lololol fool no "god" is mad that i like halloween

By the traditions of men you make the word of God invalid.

God never said a damn word to me. I don't accept the stories of man as fact like that, I'm not gullible.

God thought about you back in the book of genesis-- He could have killed Adam and Eve on the spot--but the seed would have ended right there, instead he thought about everyone who would have been born had the right to be born, so God allowed satans feeble attempt to discredit Gods choices he made for mankind. And once and for all time it will be proven--we need God to direct our lives--it wasn't best for mortals to know good and evil, God only wants us to know good--he is correct, He is always correct. When his kingdom takes control of all creation, that will be a reality once again. God loves you. He gave you life on a silver platter and free will--- free will to listen to him or free will to not listen to him.

But not a holiday.

Consider the source. Koshergrrrrrr thinks a holiday is defined by "getting off".

It is an ancient holy-day, and ran from sunset 10/31 to sunset 11/1. See post 2.
And I don't know what your experience is but I've seen people dressed up and going "Happy Hallowe'en" all day.

It's not an ancient holy day, you moron. It's the EVE of a holy day, i.e., ALL SAINTS DAY.

And it's not a holiday. I understand you want to change the definition of *holiday* to allow you to pretend that dressing up like a vampire and scaring little kids is some sort of imporant observance, but the truth is, neither the definition of "holiday" or even the actuality of Halloween observance in our country, makes this little fright fest a *holiday*.

Give up, dingbat.

Lololol fool no "god" is mad that i like halloween

By the traditions of men you make the word of God invalid.

God never said a damn word to me. I don't accept the stories of man as fact like that, I'm not gullible.

Well you're something...what did you dress up as for for the great *holiday* of Halloween this year?

You may or may not be gullible, but you're certainly an idiot.

Forum List

Back