HAHA @ Wisconsin recall whackos

I thought they were already laying off public workers up there to balance the budget?

They are and they have laid off thousands! My aunt was one of them!

Here's the thing, if cutting funding was supposed to create jobs, how come so many are losing them as we speak? And if increasing revenues would have ensured that those jobs were retained (while the government managed its fiscal budget) then why are some GOP leaders protesting it?

They're reasoning doesn't make sense to me!

How could the WI gov't "increase revenue"?

OH......you mean JACK UP TAXES.

No more cute code words for tax increases please.:eusa_shhh:

Don't be a brick. If you remove tax subsidies and tax cuts, then you are returning to the original tax rates not raising them. Would it be "raising prices" if a product went off sale and back to regular price at a retail store? Would you protest at a tea bagging rally?
THIS JUST IN...The tea party has just been downgraded to K.K.+ :poop:

So, who lowered those idiots in Wiscon's pay and benefits?........Nobody did. It's a damn fact.

Show one teacher who's pay and benefits were decreased.........You can't do it.

Do you even understand what the fuck happened there?

You said they should be "held accountable" - I was replying to that. Sorry if you can't follow a conversation.

I don't hate anybody who works.

Sure you do. Anyone who works and who desires representation in a union, you hate.
Yes, they should be held fully accountable for their failings, and they should not enjoy the protection of a corrupt union.........A school board should have the absolute right to fire incompetent morons, without having to put up with the expense of a union fight to protect said incompetent moron.

And, you did imply that those teachers are working for less pay and benfits.....They lost no pay, they lost no benefits.

And no, I don't hate anybody who works...In fact, I provided excellent paying jobs and benefits to many harworking people through the years, while busting my ass right next to 'em.....You're just a fuckin' typical liberal idiot who hasn't a clue, and makes wild accusations against people who disagree with your ignorant BS.
Isn't congress a union job?:poop:

Yes, they should be held fully accountable for their failings,

In what way?

and they should not enjoy the protection of a corrupt union........
They aren't.

No I didn't. I merely assumed that by "hold accountable" you meant through pay and benefits and not through being docked brownie points or writing their name on the board.
In fact, I provided excellent paying jobs and benefits to many harworking people through the years.....
Many hardworking people have provided excellent service to you through the years, allowing you to increase your wealth and standard of living with greater ease than would have been possible without them.

You're just a fuckin' typical liberal idiot who hasn't a clue, and makes wild accusations against people who disagree with your ignorant BS.

Then why are you talking to me? You've got me figured out, seems you could just write my replies for me and save me the trouble.

Here's the thing, if cutting funding was supposed to create jobs, how come so many are losing them as we speak? And if increasing revenues would have ensured that those jobs were retained (while the government managed its fiscal budget) then why are some GOP leaders protesting it?

Don't be a brick. If you remove tax subsidies and tax cuts, then you are returning to the original tax rates not raising them. Would it be "raising prices" if a product went off sale and back to regular price at a retail store? Would you protest at a tea bagging rally?
Dude, you're like the 19th person up here who has used the lame kk+ shtick today. Come up with something original, would ya'?..........You people are boring the shit out of us.

Net effect of recalls so far- nada.

Next tuesday there are 2 democrat Senators up for recall

Net effect of those recalls - nada.

The only thing big labor did was waste their members dues.

I am all for private sector Unions. Collective bargaining is a good thing. But Public sector Unions are a bad deal. Even FDR recognized this. The founders of the labor movement viewed unions as a vehicle to get workers more of the profits they help create. Government workers don’t generate profits. They merely negotiate for more tax money. When government unions strike, they strike against taxpayers. F.D.R. considered this “unthinkable and intolerable.”

I don't understand how showing support for teachers is a radical communist action.

The option is for teachers to pay a portion of their retirement and health care insurance or a lot of them being laid off.

I would prefer keeping my job if I were a teacher.

Bottom line -

After tens of millions of dollars spent by outside interest groups, dozens of attack ads and exhaustive get-out-the-vote efforts, Democrats on Tuesday fell short of their goal of taking control of the state Senate and stopping the agenda of Gov. Scott Walker.

Republicans won four of six recall races, meaning the party still holds a narrow 17-16 majority in the Senate — at least until next week, when Sens. Robert Wirch, D-Pleasant Prairie, and Jim Holperin, D-Conover face their own recall elections. A third Democrat, Sen. Dave Hansen, D-Green Bay, easily survived a recall attempt last month.

Sens. Robert Cowles, R-Green Bay, Sheila Harsdorf, R-River Falls, Luther Olsen, R-Ripon, and Alberta Darling, R-River Hills, successfully defended their seats Tuesday.

Challengers state Rep. Jennifer Shilling, D-La Crosse, and Jessica King unseated incumbent state Sens. Dan Kapanke, R-La Crosse, and Randy Hopper, R-Fond du Lac.

Going into Tuesday, Republicans controlled the body 19-14, so Democrats needed to win at least three seats and hold onto two more next week to take over.

Read more: Republicans hold off Dems in recalls, win enough seats to keep majority in Senate

I think the problem with unions in schools is the teachers get lazy after they have tenor. They dont care anymore about the kids but the bottom line their pocket book. They dont have fear of being fired because of their tenor. I think the teachers should get raises on their performance. If a 2nd year teacher is doing a better job then a 20 year teacher the 2nd year teacher should get the raise and keep the job period. I dont think unions should be in any private sector jobs. We pay their wages and then they can strike when they dont get their way. How does striking help the kids , it doesnt!!!

what original tax rates?

Forum List

Back