GT's rise from the ashes (fitness/nutrition blog)

cant start till you post the damn pic....hell i will post a before....there is no after just before lol.....will scare young kids to death
Most of these people arent my compadres like that, bones.

<3 hope your health is on track girl. Got those winter logs all ready yet, or more to go?

My gym in my 30's

dsc00391_310.jpg

If one of my men tried to get such an untidy splash course signed off under my watch I'd sack him on the spot. Furthermore, old cranleighs on top of engineering bricks. WTF?

fuck it....normally i can translate....i got no clue...i think he is critical of the mud lines and their thickness....

cranleighs? levels?

The splash course is the first three courses of bricks. It's called the splash course because it's judged to be the highest rain drops will splash up to and against, which is why there's a layer of plastic membrane called Damp Course Proofing (DPC) sandwiched between the third and fourth courses of bricks. They aren't called mud lines, they're called bed (horizontal) and perp (vertical) joints which are 10mm/ 0.39" thick and in the picture Moonglow's posted they haven't been properly rubbed in with a jointing iron, which gives the joints a nice elbow joint finish.

The bricks that have been laid don't match. The splash course appears to have been built with engineering bricks, which are glazed, double-fired load bearers. The courses above it are definitely old cranleighs, which are identified by the flecks/birthmarks.
Wow!!! I am impressed… European training… I mean, really…

I enjoy eating too much, so I've pretty much given up on getting ripped, and at a tad bit over 50, it's getting more difficult every year just to keep what I have.

Day 1: the non monetary kick starter.

After work, I got home to a dark house which was well air conditioned. I had listened to a discussion on ESPN radio on my way home about Eli Manning getting the "highest paid player" deal he's after, or not. (I'd recommend not, and Im a Giants fan)

The calm of the day and the useless radio banter had me feeling too somber to kick ass. And then I got the text from Jay. "Running a few minutes late."

When devoured with the thoughts of quit, excuse and failure, a few minutes is a thousand years. But I couldn't call it off, not in this dark home today.

So I had changed out of my Business attire and into some athletic gear, but I left the lights off as if to force some added 'undue' suffering on my psyche because, I dont know, 'discipline.'

I put a Rogan conversation on, on my phone on youtube and sat at my island alone, and with my hood up. I rested my chin on my arms and felt addicted and alone.

Addicted to being plugged into the internet, somehow.......to hear a voice...to read a blurb, watch a video. Anything to cool the gears of a head that cant stop spinning.

Alone and I wait.

My eyes felt heavy and as I almost faded, knock knock. Jay's here.

He must have been comforted in some odd way, because the calmness of my brain at that point, for some reason, made my conversation abilities witty and on point while at the same time endearing. I'm always honored to uplift, and I obliged as best I could because I knew that Jay was feeling pretty close to what I was feeling - the dread of a Genius Tracks training session after a prolonged winter's nap.

I took the steps down the gym stairs slow, preserving wvery last bit of "every day human" as I could before I submerged myself into my own designed nightmare.

It wasn't game time until I had my hand on the stereo knob, and I calmly said to Jay before I cranked it "this is it."

And it was it. The first song in the mix was a thick guitared ballad by Seether, it had the perfect amount of gut punch to drum up all of my buried feelings of hatred.

I dont train on love. I dont train to toast health and prosperity. The drive that soothes me as I lick my chops of blood lust is my hatred.

Today, we simply warmed ourselves up for the death camp that will follow. No weights today. No calisthenics, aka body weight exercises.

Today, we shook ourselves back awake with some high intensity interval training, or HIIT. And these terms disgust me, because I dont much enjoy the trendy hipster movements which have come along in this every-man journey of fitness. I dont like trendy labels, trendy routines or trendy looks. I hope to bleed my own identity onto MY life's paper until I've got no more to give. At the same time, credit to the discoveries and great ideas and innovations before me, so fuck it who's a hypocrite.

Anger. If the thermal cameras could film my body when the heavy rock rumbles, they'd see Oceans of rouge.

Today, we threw on the round-timer and did rounds of boxing, heavy-bag centric. We did the mountain climbing machine until our backs were lit with white hot flames and guts had wanted to vomit. And sprints. Don't forget the sprints.

Day one, you're such a fucking tease, fuck you.

More on the diet side, today I was under-nourished for my liking. I drank lots of water, but I had missed breakfast and I didnt pack a lunch, so I grabbed a dry salad at the bar of spinach, raw broccoli, 2 cherry tomatoes and some egg whites.

After the workout, come up from Planet Krypton and the wife and babies had my home lit and warm feeling, like a Christmas tree. I made Kylie and wife a quick little meal but for myself, my hunger had been suppressed by the workout and so I had some crabmeat (plain) and a handful of broccoli. I will go to bed with that being all that I've ingested today.

Day 2, I'm not really as scared now that I've allowed my rage to surface and release.

The world around me will be a better place because of all of this, I'm confident.

/day 1

Last edited:
I edited out as many typos as I felt like, cuz my phone tends to make me look like a drunken jackass with what it misreads of my finger action.

That's what she said.

:lol: Knew you would!

Good luck, G.T.

psst, after pics aren't worth shit if you have nothing to compare them too. :eusa_whistle:

:lol: Knew you would!

Good luck, G.T.

psst, after pics aren't worth shit if you have nothing to compare them too. :eusa_whistle:

Nah no worries Ill post before pics. Just as soon as my after pics are ready to ride right beside um.

Im not some slovenly ape right now or anything, I just have a holy place of peace I'm gunning for and I'd rather not focus on too many opinions in my mind.

I over analyze negativity, but am easy going otherwise. Its weird, Im sure there's a name for it in a book somewhere.

Thanks for swinging through, though : )

Im teasing with the idea of scheduling myself a match (boxing) and knocking the dust off some overly cocky prick, and letting usmb ppl know if they happen to follow this blog and would wanna come watch but.......im just gunna "see how it goes," cuz my kids are my life and I already learned I need to scrape and carve out self time as it is.

Day #2, morning. Woke up to my alarm, instead of naturally. I'm usually a natural rise at about 5:15, and today it took my back-up buddy plugged into the wall. Fine, awake is awake.

Had a shake in my bullet: frozen carrot slices, broccoli, spinach, kale and almond milk. Sitting in my studio/office in a towel letting my body dry after the morning shower. Jay will be here 3x a week, I'll be working out 7 for now, dropping to 6 or 5 when we get heavier into muscle-work. The beginning stages are a cardio blast. Deep sweat at least once per day, sometimes double sessions. Not going to stop.

Water is life. I drink it out of 20oz. cups. You're supposed to drink about a gallon a day when participating in vigorous exercise. I used to do it right from the gallon jug for ease of keeping track, but for some reason doing it that way makes me feel sick in a way, meaning like physically ill feeling whereas with the 20oz cups I'll end up drinking the same amount and am not effected at all. That's quite bizarre, but I'm not trying to explain it.

To the moon.

-GT

post a pic you fat fuck
I've never been fat Bones, but I am definitely involved in self-image in some sort of unhealthy way. Not extreme like some.....or like obsessed, but I'm not posting the before until the after is next to it crazy lady.

I'll post an old workout pic (it's all I have, I don't really do photo shoots with my shirt off, lol......)...

But this was when I was 165, I am prime time fighting/ring shape right at 160 and I'm about 185 now but with more muscle, to give you an idea. This pic was like my wedding year so '09ish. I've been in this kind of shape usually since, just not taking photos like the extreme form of selfie taking fucks do.

Different from here's "goals" would be that I have to shrink the muscularity of my arms for some added pop in my jab, while not sacrificing power which is my strength.

gt putting in work.jpg

all i ask was that you put a damned shirt on....how hard is that....really...thats a horrible pic....are that tats are bruises...

shit now i have to find one of me....lol

all i ask was that you put a damned shirt on....how hard is that....really...thats a horrible pic....are that tats are bruises...

shit now i have to find one of me....lol
who the fuck does a fitness pic with a shirt on....lol

you want a gq magazine picture of what style clothes i wear, i can do that, too..... or are you trying to see what im working on?? you're so crude sometimes

the pic is bad cuz it's what camera phones were at the time bones i don't know what to tell ya. wait until the end of october and stop begging s0n, you begged so i posted a pic, what i had. i can take it away.

so now you have to be half nekkid for a fitness pic.....crude....really....you come on and do a thread on fitness and dont wanna post a pic....you have to have before and after...to do a progress thing...now dont ya....sure you want to post wardrobe pics i will look at them......take it away that is up to you.....kinda bitchy today arent ya?

so now you have to be half nekkid for a fitness pic.....crude....really....you come on and do a thread on fitness and dont wanna post a pic....you have to have before and after...to do a progress thing...now dont ya....sure you want to post wardrobe pics i will look at them......take it away that is up to you.....kinda bitchy today arent ya?

where are your people skills?

you asked for a pic so that you can rip on it, in a fitness goals/progress thread and then wondered why it was shirtless like a big dope.............and I'm being bitchy>?

Stop your noise ole' lady.

Yea, I don't/didn't wanna post a pic. Till my camp is complete. This is a blog regarding routines, and diet. Not a photo thread. I was hoping to avoid people's innate desire to machine-gun negativity at others at any opportunity they can get, and here you are.

Just keep it pushing bones.

so basically you want us to read the daily fitness blogs ......that is fine....i am sorry you feel that way....i think most would be interested in a photo of before and after perhaps that would be more motivating than just the words...people could see the results....i am sorry i have pissed you off....

Forum List

Back