Groceries for guns

Gun buy backs have NO reason to be objectional to the right.

they will rail against them for WHAT reason?

There is one very clear reason why gun buybacks are objectional (sic) to the right or anyone else blessed with but minimal functioning brain capacity, which certainly eliminates you and other lefty anti-gun pukes.

For WHAT reason? Because they DON'T FRIGGIN' WORK!!!

Don't believe me? Then look no further than Barry's hometown of Chicago, variously described as murder capital of the country or murder capital of the world. Take your pick.

Last June the city hosted another Gun Turn-In day, for the sixth year in a row. It's very simple to participate in...turn in a gun, no questions asked, and get a $100 MasterCard gift card. Wow, sounds easy, huh?

So easy that in recent years Chicago's Gun Turn-In day has set national records for the number of guns collected, over 3000 in '06. But in '07 they shattered their own record with over 6,700 guns taken off the streets. The city's six-year total now stands at 23,000+.

But it's had ZERO impact on the city's title of murder capital. In October they recorded their 436th homicide for the year, surpassing last year's total, and the last I read they're now just shy of 490 for this year, and counting (can't wait for New Year's Eve!!!).

So buyback all the guns you lefty idiots want and be sure to ratchet up the gun laws too as Chicago has also done, and then sit back and observe what all that brings about...it's called futility, albeit the deadly kind.

From Rham & Barry's town...City of Chicago :: City to Host Gun Turn-In Event

Gun buy backs have NO reason to be objectional to the right.

they will rail against them for WHAT reason?

That's why I dropped in -- to see what possible cynicism could be dreamed up. I'm not that imaginative about rationalizations and I envy them. Just the imagination part.

(edit- it looks like some wag just came up with one and blasted off from the launchpad of reason...)

dear silly woman they have to hand them back.

the police can then trace the guns if they prove to have been involved in a crime

You are, by far, the dumbest person I've ever encountered. Ever.

Oh, I could introduce you to some people, you'd be amazed. We'd only have to jump a thread or two. Say the word.

Gun buybacks are not in the least objectionable. They don't work but they don't hurt either. The only ones who get stung are the taxpayers in the city. City buys gift cards. Grocery stores are happy. Those turning in old, unusable or hot guns get to turn them in for money. It beats throwing them off the pier. It opens a market for new illegal weapons. Neighborhood dealers are happy. It really does work out. It just doesn't work at getting guns off the street.

No worries, Holder will step in and make sure they get back in circulation in South Central.

the police can then trace the guns if they prove to have been involved in a crime

You are, by far, the dumbest person I've ever encountered. Ever.

oh, I dunno 'bout that...

on the subject of guns, what's-his-name (the guy with the Dr. Strangelove avie) and several others could definitely give TM a run for the money... :)

Last edited:

dear idiot... what part of no questions asked don't you understand. They dont put your name on the gun when its turned in... all they do is a wright up on the weapon and log its make and cereal number.

That's true, the buy back programs are feel good hokum. No one is against them. I've never heard anyone say that there shouldn't be such a program. Just that it doesn't do any good.

Although, I have heard rumors, that most of the guns in the buyback program are sold and back on the streets. The cops gotta make a buck too. I would not accuse a police officer of lifting some of these guns and selling them. Just like I wouldn't accuse a police officer of emptying an evidence locker of a cocaine stash. But it happens.

here they are not sold... they are melted down and turned into man hole covers.

OK

so they are giving a maximum of $200 in a supermarket gift card.

You still pay taxes at the supermarket, so you get LESS than $200 total?

No dice.

If they want any of my firearms they need to pay top dollar in CASH.

No thank you. If somebody breaks into my home I would rather shoot them than throw a can of carrots and peas at them. Seems more effective.

OK

so they are giving a maximum of $200 in a supermarket gift card.

You still pay taxes at the supermarket, so you get LESS than $200 total?

No dice.

If they want any of my firearms they need to pay top dollar in CASH.

Uh... you still pay taxes for your $200 in groceries, regardless where it comes from. I take it you're not an accountant.

I doubt they 'need' to pay numero uno top dollar. I think they'll survive without your guns.

I tried to hand in a Jennings 9mm...but they refused to accept it.

Evidently it is classified as a hand grenade. :lol:

(disclaimer...this humor requires minimal knowledge of Jennings firearms)

Last edited:

dear idiot... what part of no questions asked don't you understand. They dont put your name on the gun when its turned in... all they do is a wright up on the weapon and log its make and cereal number.

Yeah...a wright up!

That's true, the buy back programs are feel good hokum. No one is against them. I've never heard anyone say that there shouldn't be such a program. Just that it doesn't do any good.

Although, I have heard rumors, that most of the guns in the buyback program are sold and back on the streets. The cops gotta make a buck too. I would not accuse a police officer of lifting some of these guns and selling them. Just like I wouldn't accuse a police officer of emptying an evidence locker of a cocaine stash. But it happens.

here they are not sold... they are melted down and turned into man hole covers.

All but the ones liberated by light fingered cops.

Of course, the HuffPo link failed to note some of the more amusing comments from those turning in cheap firearms, such as:

"That young guy shot up all the kids and they blamed the mama because the mama had the weapons in the house," Valerie Butler said, in explaining why she was waiting in line two hours in South Los Angeles to get rid of an old handgun.

Yet Butler, 50, said she was not getting rid of both of her guns.

"Just one," she said, and laughed. "There's a bunch of nuts out here, and they're coming in when you're sleeping. You got to protect yourself."

and

"If I could get $100 of free groceries, it's worth it," said Charles Edwards, 60, waiting in line next to his old .22 revolver after driving to Los Angeles from Fontana. "I wouldn't do it for $40. That's why people are here. They feel bad about all that's happening, but times are tough."

He still has a shotgun at home.

What a bullshit example of grand standing by LA's mayor.

Guns pour in at L.A. buyback events - latimes.com

Yup. Sound like they are unloading the old unusable guns along with some unloading guns that were used in crime. Hell. I'd give my dads old gun that don't work for $100 dollars worth of groceries. Win, Win for me.

My uncle is considering turning in an old Marlin .22 rifle he has if there is a buyback around here...it sold for about $25 new in the mid-70's. He bought it for $20 about 15 years ago with a bad barrel because it had a good stock to replace the cracked one on his Marlin. The only reason he still has it is he hasn't yet bothered to strip it down and put the metal parts in his scrap pile. If he can get $100 for that $20 rifle...hell, why not?

Forum List

Back