Greatest Athlete Ever

Lew Alcindor=Lebron James.
Lebron is why I quit watching the NBA, after I saw the quitter in him too many times to count....and believe me Marion, I am as die hard Basketball as anyone alive.
You quit watching the NBA because you assume Lebron quit and you call yourself a fan? As a basketball fan Lebron is one of the greatest examples of how basketball should be played. The stuff Lebron does is amazing and I am not just talking the physical stuff. The decision making and skill level at which he does things is something a real fan of the sport would appreciate.
I assume? No, I watched. He is pussified, I dont stomach guys that puss out.
Yes you assume. Unless youre claiming youre a mind reader you are voicing an assumption. Did Lebron ever say he quit at anything?
Yepp, he quit vs the celts

vs the mavs

after i saw that i peaced out and hes only had a couple chips since

hes the lowest will to win of all the greats. not even top 20 in will.
Bullshit

LeBron has the ability to take a team on his shoulders and will them to victory

But Serena could be considered the most dominant player in the history of tennis, regardless of gender. Indeed, the only time she loses is when she has the occasional mental lapse or when she is injured. Otherwise, it's lights out for her opponent, and it has been thus for nearly 20 years. What other athlete can say the same?
Roger Federer for one. Serena hit her expiration date about a year ago and her one shot at that last Grand Slam title she wants so bad she fucked up at the US Open by melting down against Naomi Osaka.
Great player...horrible person....she is just staying in place now. She has already won her last Slam title.
There will likely be no more.

And the greatest athlete? It could well be someone you never heard of: Russian super heavyweight wrestler Aleksandr Karelin with an unbelievable career record of 887 wins and two loses. Aleksandr Karelin - Wikipedia
Opponents knew they would never win. They just hoped to leave the mat uninjured as his signature move was picking up other super heavyweights like a bag of potatoes and slamming them down on their backs.

He was an unbelievable monster.

Ever since the beginning of the 90s, Jordans never let his team go home deep in the playoffs.

Thats what is meant by heart and dominance, and in a much more physical era. Ive watched lebron be a quitter with my own two eyeballs, Im not sure which statistic that can be filed under.

Ive watched lebron be clunky and goofy looking as hell..im not sure which statistic that can be filed under. He's a streaky shooter, and since nobody can block most of his shots because of his massive frame - that generically boosts his statistics.

Lebron is not a lion. Hes boy hearted in a lion's body. He dominates when he feels like it or when his body can take it, and he gasses a lot.

Ill never forget his first playoffs with Miami...late in games vs. (i think the celtics), instead of taking over when it mattered most....he was bizarrely passing the ball away like a hot potato.

He does weird shit like that when the team needs him to take over.
Jordan never went deep into the playoffs until he got help in the form of Pippen. Lebron put teams on his back that shouldnt have had a chance at going deep. Lebron is pure power and athleticism. Jordan is more skill and athleticism Skill is not athleticism. Lebron jumps higher, way stronger, and is much faster than MJ
Jordan wasn't in his prime until Pippen, either, so thats a bit of a misnomer ~ and according to NYT and Sports Illustrated, Jordan ran a 4.3 40 and LeBron a 4.6 40...and .3 is a significant difference in a 40.

LeBron could literally be better though, at every single stat period, hell - give him by DOUBLE....but Ive seen him GIVE UP, numerous times, and heart was always the difference maker and why LeBron is not greater than Michael. Mike's the g.o.a.t., and did so with a smaller frame and in the physical era, with the harder nosed greats versus today's bomb-shooters.

Jordan was more in his prime than Lebron when they both came into the league. However thats not really about athletics. Sports Science actually researched Lebron and he is a freak athlete. You have to understand the things Lebron does and can do with his body and weight are not even normal. When he passes he releases the ball faster than most NFL quarterbacks and with more velocity than Tom Brady. Even without the actual measurements, they eye test shows that Lebron is by far the better athlete.

Not to sure about those speed measurements on MJ. If Jordan ran a 4.3 then youre saying he is just as fast as Usain Bolt who did a 4.2.(which by the way ties the record for the fastest ever in the NFL combine.) I highly doubt.that claim. I'd have to see footage of that one. Sounds like a legend to me. I believe the only stat MJ can claim is that he had a higher vertical.which he should because he was way lighter than Lebron even when Lebron was a rookie. The only other player I would put in Lebrons category was just drafted by the Pelicans. Zion is a freak athlete as well.
Lebron is a big goof with a freak physique and has no guts.
If he had no guts he wouldnt be the superstar he is now. You cant dominate in the NBA like he has for that long without having guts.
yea you can.

be big.

shaq couldnt shoot from 7feet out, and he was a dominant center.

actually the era of decent centers peaced out in the early 2000s and cleared the way for more abundant big forward scoring

clyde the glide had more heart than lebron

Lebron is why I quit watching the NBA, after I saw the quitter in him too many times to count....and believe me Marion, I am as die hard Basketball as anyone alive.
You quit watching the NBA because you assume Lebron quit and you call yourself a fan? As a basketball fan Lebron is one of the greatest examples of how basketball should be played. The stuff Lebron does is amazing and I am not just talking the physical stuff. The decision making and skill level at which he does things is something a real fan of the sport would appreciate.
Yes you assume. Unless youre claiming youre a mind reader you are voicing an assumption. Did Lebron ever say he quit at anything?

vs the mavs

Bullshit

Thats just it...

he has the ability but only has how many rings

orrr...is it only sometimes has the ability and he needs suport...

or..is it he always has the ability....but wusses out

vs the mavs

"hes only had a couple chips since"

How could he have any chips if he quit?
He didnt always quit.

You might have short term memory loss...but the years he won his chips were years coming off ESPN hyperbole about his legacy wasting away

vs the mavs

Please post the video of him saying he quit. Please provide facts not feelings to support your argument.
Thats a really corny retort.

Its my opinion he quit...we didnt have a sit down heart to heart bro

Jordan never went deep into the playoffs until he got help in the form of Pippen. Lebron put teams on his back that shouldnt have had a chance at going deep. Lebron is pure power and athleticism. Jordan is more skill and athleticism Skill is not athleticism. Lebron jumps higher, way stronger, and is much faster than MJ
Jordan wasn't in his prime until Pippen, either, so thats a bit of a misnomer ~ and according to NYT and Sports Illustrated, Jordan ran a 4.3 40 and LeBron a 4.6 40...and .3 is a significant difference in a 40.

LeBron could literally be better though, at every single stat period, hell - give him by DOUBLE....but Ive seen him GIVE UP, numerous times, and heart was always the difference maker and why LeBron is not greater than Michael. Mike's the g.o.a.t., and did so with a smaller frame and in the physical era, with the harder nosed greats versus today's bomb-shooters.

Jordan was more in his prime than Lebron when they both came into the league. However thats not really about athletics. Sports Science actually researched Lebron and he is a freak athlete. You have to understand the things Lebron does and can do with his body and weight are not even normal. When he passes he releases the ball faster than most NFL quarterbacks and with more velocity than Tom Brady. Even without the actual measurements, they eye test shows that Lebron is by far the better athlete.

Not to sure about those speed measurements on MJ. If Jordan ran a 4.3 then youre saying he is just as fast as Usain Bolt who did a 4.2.(which by the way ties the record for the fastest ever in the NFL combine.) I highly doubt.that claim. I'd have to see footage of that one. Sounds like a legend to me. I believe the only stat MJ can claim is that he had a higher vertical.which he should because he was way lighter than Lebron even when Lebron was a rookie. The only other player I would put in Lebrons category was just drafted by the Pelicans. Zion is a freak athlete as well.
If he had no guts he wouldnt be the superstar he is now. You cant dominate in the NBA like he has for that long without having guts.
yea you can.

be big.

actually the era of decent centers peaced out in the early 2000s and cleared the way for more abundant big forward scoring

I dont care how big you are. You cant dominate if you have no guts. If being big was prerequisite for dominating then why didnt Tractor Traylor dominate?

vs the mavs

Bullshit

Thats just it...

One person cant beat a team. Its never been done in the history of team sports.

yea you can.

be big.

I dont care how big you are. You cant dominate if you have no guts. If being big was prerequisite for dominating then why didnt Tractor Traylor dominate?
Because Traylor was below average, and I kean below the average kid playing down at the park that never made it anywhere....and the fact you even know his name is cuz he was the size of a tractor

vs the mavs

"hes only had a couple chips since"

How could he have any chips if he quit?
He didnt always quit.

You might have short term memory loss...but the years he won his chips were years coming off ESPN hyperbole about his legacy wasting away
So basically youre claiming that if he didnt win it all he quit? Not understanding how you came to this conclusion.

vs the mavs

Bullshit

Thats just it...

Rings don’t show individual dominance, they show team dominance

There was never a more dominant player than Wilt Chamberlain, but Bill Russell had more rings

It does not show a lack of skill or effort by Wilt, just that Russell had a better supporting cast

vs the mavs

Bullshit

Thats just it...

That's fine. Lebrons 1st year in Miami in big 4th quarter situations in the semi finals he passed the ball as soon as it touched his fingers. I saw what I saw, Im not mad that you fan out, thats cool its all opinion.....but Jordan never did that shit in big games in the 4th and Lebron will be lucky to have a single nother ring.

yea you can.

be big.

Because Traylor was below average, and I kean below the average kid playing down at the park that never made it anywhere....and the fact you even know his name is cuz he was the size of a tractor
Below average? The average person doesnt make it to the NBA. He was definitely above average.

vs the mavs

Bullshit

Thats just it...

Rings don’t show individual dominance, they show team dominance

There was never a more dominant player than Wilt Chamberlain, but Bill Russell had more rings

It does not show a lack of skill or effort by Wilt, just that Russell had a better supporting cast
I understand.

yea you can.

be big.

Below average? The average person doesnt make it to the NBA. He was definitely above average.
In size. He could shoot it over the backboard better than any kid Ive ever played with.

vs the mavs

Bullshit

Thats just it...

That's fine. Lebrons 1st year in Miami in big 4th quarter situations in the semi finals he passed the ball as soon as it touched his fingers. I saw what I saw, Im not mad that you fan out, thats cool its all opinion.....but Jordan never did that shit in big games in the 4th and Lebron will be lucky to have a single nother ring.
I watched those Finals and your memory is faulty. He passed the ball because he was forced to go left. What happened the next year? He made a point of driving left.

vs the mavs

Bullshit

Thats just it...

I watched those Finals and your memory is faulty. He passed the ball because he was forced to go left. What happened the next year? He made a point of driving left.
My memory was faulty but you agree he passed it away. Dunno what kinda magical sentence that was

yea you can.

be big.

In size. He could shoot it over the backboard better than any kid Ive ever played with.
He was above average in basketball skill or he would have never been drafted. There are a ton of big guys that have never had a sniff at the NBA level due to lack of skills.

Bullshit

Thats just it...

My memory was faulty but you agree he passed it away. Dunno what kinda magical sentence that was
That correct. He passed it because he couldnt shoot going left or it was the correct play. Nothing magic about my sentence. Just a factual observation. As I pointed out he came back next year with that deficiency corrected and won a ring

yea you can.

be big.

He was above average in basketball skill or he would have never been drafted. There are a ton of big guys that have never had a sniff at the NBA level due to lack of skills.
Shaq literally cleared the center with his shoulders and dunked almost every play at LSU...shot from 5 feet out like he was partially retarded, and didnt develop any actual skills until Akeem mentored him in the off season.

If shaq was 6 foot 4 instead of 7 feet, he would have not made Division 3 in college

Forum List

Back