Greatest Athlete Ever

Lawrence Motherfuckin' Taylor! Damn right!

How come I ain't seen nobody like that since, hmm? Damn! Check out the young Dungy.

LT

joe montana & steve young throwing to jerry rice. the speed of deon sanders...the cowboys era.

barry fuggin sanders

wayne gretzky. bo jackson. darryl strawberry, wade boggs.. don mattingly.. the rocket. magic. bird. the knicks with starks and ewing..the stockton and malone jazz....the gary payton and shawn kemp supersonics : 0

kevin johnson, dan marley and chuck barkley on the suns

penny and shaq for a brief moment

sports was so much better back then

85 to 99 prolly the best sports era ill ever see

mike tyson
roy jones jr

fuckkk

That's tough there for me. Lebron shoots a % that usually is relegated to big men only shooting at the basket, but does it with a high number of outside shots. His shooting with the game on the line in the clutch is pretty insane, right there with Jordan. Under 10 seconds to tie/win, Jordan is 7/15 in the playoffs. Lebron is 12/23. Kobe is 5/22.

And for game 7 in a finals, if you didn't trust him and bet against him you'd lose every time thus far. The triple double and chase down block vs. the best record team in NBA history, and the game 7 vs. the Spurs with 37 points when Bosh/Allen combined for 0 points was pretty amazing are his two. That first one he capped the first playoff series ever where a player led both teams in points, boards, assists, blocks, and steals. All 5 categories, all 26 players. Vs. a team that hadn't lost back to back games all year, trying to win 3 in a row and 4 out of 5 vs. them.

32 points 11.5 boards, 7.5 assists, 2 steals and 1.5 blocks with 89% free throw shooting, and 40% from 3 in game 7's is pretty impressive and is a big part why he is 2-0 in finals game 7's. Doing that against two of the best dynasties of the past 25 years, and against players like Kawhi, and Green/Igoudala is also quite nice.

In his last 16 win or go home playoff games, Lebron has a 12-4 record, with 35.5 pts, 11.5 boards, 7.5 assists, 2 blocks and 1.5 steals a game on 52% shooting.
Ever since the beginning of the 90s, Jordans never let his team go home deep in the playoffs.

Thats what is meant by heart and dominance, and in a much more physical era. Ive watched lebron be a quitter with my own two eyeballs, Im not sure which statistic that can be filed under.

Ive watched lebron be clunky and goofy looking as hell..im not sure which statistic that can be filed under. He's a streaky shooter, and since nobody can block most of his shots because of his massive frame - that generically boosts his statistics.

Lebron is not a lion. Hes boy hearted in a lion's body. He dominates when he feels like it or when his body can take it, and he gasses a lot.

Ill never forget his first playoffs with Miami...late in games vs. (i think the celtics), instead of taking over when it mattered most....he was bizarrely passing the ball away like a hot potato.

He does weird shit like that when the team needs him to take over.
Jordan never went deep into the playoffs until he got help in the form of Pippen. Lebron put teams on his back that shouldnt have had a chance at going deep. Lebron is pure power and athleticism. Jordan is more skill and athleticism Skill is not athleticism. Lebron jumps higher, way stronger, and is much faster than MJ
Jordan wasn't in his prime until Pippen, either, so thats a bit of a misnomer ~ and according to NYT and Sports Illustrated, Jordan ran a 4.3 40 and LeBron a 4.6 40...and .3 is a significant difference in a 40.

LeBron could literally be better though, at every single stat period, hell - give him by DOUBLE....but Ive seen him GIVE UP, numerous times, and heart was always the difference maker and why LeBron is not greater than Michael. Mike's the g.o.a.t., and did so with a smaller frame and in the physical era, with the harder nosed greats versus today's bomb-shooters.

Jordan and Pippen were a thing of beauty.

Hands down my favorite era of sports. Everything now is all watered down.

When they went to the Olympics, that was cool AF. I think Mutumbo was the center.

Ever since the beginning of the 90s, Jordans never let his team go home deep in the playoffs.

Thats what is meant by heart and dominance, and in a much more physical era. Ive watched lebron be a quitter with my own two eyeballs, Im not sure which statistic that can be filed under.

Ive watched lebron be clunky and goofy looking as hell..im not sure which statistic that can be filed under. He's a streaky shooter, and since nobody can block most of his shots because of his massive frame - that generically boosts his statistics.

Lebron is not a lion. Hes boy hearted in a lion's body. He dominates when he feels like it or when his body can take it, and he gasses a lot.

Ill never forget his first playoffs with Miami...late in games vs. (i think the celtics), instead of taking over when it mattered most....he was bizarrely passing the ball away like a hot potato.

Jordan never went deep into the playoffs until he got help in the form of Pippen. Lebron put teams on his back that shouldnt have had a chance at going deep. Lebron is pure power and athleticism. Jordan is more skill and athleticism Skill is not athleticism. Lebron jumps higher, way stronger, and is much faster than MJ
Jordan wasn't in his prime until Pippen, either, so thats a bit of a misnomer ~ and according to NYT and Sports Illustrated, Jordan ran a 4.3 40 and LeBron a 4.6 40...and .3 is a significant difference in a 40.

LeBron could literally be better though, at every single stat period, hell - give him by DOUBLE....but Ive seen him GIVE UP, numerous times, and heart was always the difference maker and why LeBron is not greater than Michael. Mike's the g.o.a.t., and did so with a smaller frame and in the physical era, with the harder nosed greats versus today's bomb-shooters.

Jordan and Pippen were a thing of beauty.

Hands down my favorite era of sports. Everything now is all watered down.

When they went the Olympics, that was cool AF. I think Mutumbo was the center.

They had Ewing on the dream team...and the dream...but mutombo was likely there

it was like the 1st 3 teams that were amazing, and after that is when bigger named players started opting out for fear of injury

We had Steve Young for a bit here, and you know who taught Steve Young? Joe Money, baby.

Montana/Rice was something!

We had Steve Young for a bit here, and you know who taught Steve Young? Joe Money, baby.
i was a teen in the 90s and its when sports center got big and i got to watch it each day b4 school...and sports was just way more exciting and put together then, for some reason.

lebron james...get theeeee fuck outta here. the best basketball frame ever born on a human and he struggles on big city franchises to put it the fuck together. fuck his stats...he needs a heart. he gets cramps and gets tummy aches. the fuck

Lew Alcindor=Lebron James.
Lebron is why I quit watching the NBA, after I saw the quitter in him too many times to count....and believe me Marion, I am as die hard Basketball as anyone alive.

I love the game, it's the purest sport. Head fakes, pump fakes..it's a great game. I'm good at stealing and making 2-3 pointers. Good at stealing and dishing off to someone that can take it to the hole, too.

I like basketball.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Michael Jordan in basketball. He had the fan fare, the heart and determination, the work ethic, the skill, the look and he didn't benefit from the size of a Center. He's my favorite athlete of all time, and LeBron is not even top 10, to me. Statistically, sure, but LeBron throws up a lot of those goofy, un-coordinated bricks....and his dribble benefits greatly from how far he sticks his elbows out...his body mass is just wide, and strong - but skill-wise, he does a lot of suspect shit and heart-wise, he's bottom tier. I'd never trust him in a finals game 7.

That's tough there for me. Lebron shoots a % that usually is relegated to big men only shooting at the basket, but does it with a high number of outside shots. His shooting with the game on the line in the clutch is pretty insane, right there with Jordan. Under 10 seconds to tie/win, Jordan is 7/15 in the playoffs. Lebron is 12/23. Kobe is 5/22.

And for game 7 in a finals, if you didn't trust him and bet against him you'd lose every time thus far. The triple double and chase down block vs. the best record team in NBA history, and the game 7 vs. the Spurs with 37 points when Bosh/Allen combined for 0 points was pretty amazing are his two. That first one he capped the first playoff series ever where a player led both teams in points, boards, assists, blocks, and steals. All 5 categories, all 26 players. Vs. a team that hadn't lost back to back games all year, trying to win 3 in a row and 4 out of 5 vs. them.

32 points 11.5 boards, 7.5 assists, 2 steals and 1.5 blocks with 89% free throw shooting, and 40% from 3 in game 7's is pretty impressive and is a big part why he is 2-0 in finals game 7's. Doing that against two of the best dynasties of the past 25 years, and against players like Kawhi, and Green/Igoudala is also quite nice.

In his last 16 win or go home playoff games, Lebron has a 12-4 record, with 35.5 pts, 11.5 boards, 7.5 assists, 2 blocks and 1.5 steals a game on 52% shooting.

Jordan was more in his prime than Lebron when they both came into the league. However thats not really about athletics. Sports Science actually researched Lebron and he is a freak athlete. You have to understand the things Lebron does and can do with his body and weight are not even normal. When he passes he releases the ball faster than most NFL quarterbacks and with more velocity than Tom Brady. Even without the actual measurements, they eye test shows that Lebron is by far the better athlete.

Not to sure about those speed measurements on MJ. If Jordan ran a 4.3 then youre saying he is just as fast as Usain Bolt who did a 4.2.(which by the way ties the record for the fastest ever in the NFL combine.) I highly doubt.that claim. I'd have to see footage of that one. Sounds like a legend to me. I believe the only stat MJ can claim is that he had a higher vertical.which he should because he was way lighter than Lebron even when Lebron was a rookie. The only other player I would put in Lebrons category was just drafted by the Pelicans. Zion is a freak athlete as well.

Lebron is why I quit watching the NBA, after I saw the quitter in him too many times to count....and believe me Marion, I am as die hard Basketball as anyone alive.
You quit watching the NBA because you assume Lebron quit and you call yourself a fan? As a basketball fan Lebron is one of the greatest examples of how basketball should be played. The stuff Lebron does is amazing and I am not just talking the physical stuff. The decision making and skill level at which he does things is something a real fan of the sport would appreciate.

You quit watching the NBA because you assume Lebron quit and you call yourself a fan? As a basketball fan Lebron is one of the greatest examples of how basketball should be played. The stuff Lebron does is amazing and I am not just talking the physical stuff. The decision making and skill level at which he does things is something a real fan of the sport would appreciate.
I assume? No, I watched. He is pussified, I dont stomach guys that puss out.

Michael Jordan in basketball. He had the fan fare, the heart and determination, the work ethic, the skill, the look and he didn't benefit from the size of a Center. He's my favorite athlete of all time, and LeBron is not even top 10, to me. Statistically, sure, but LeBron throws up a lot of those goofy, un-coordinated bricks....and his dribble benefits greatly from how far he sticks his elbows out...his body mass is just wide, and strong - but skill-wise, he does a lot of suspect shit and heart-wise, he's bottom tier. I'd never trust him in a finals game 7.

Jordan was more in his prime than Lebron when they both came into the league. However thats not really about athletics. Sports Science actually researched Lebron and he is a freak athlete. You have to understand the things Lebron does and can do with his body and weight are not even normal. When he passes he releases the ball faster than most NFL quarterbacks and with more velocity than Tom Brady. Even without the actual measurements, they eye test shows that Lebron is by far the better athlete.

Not to sure about those speed measurements on MJ. If Jordan ran a 4.3 then youre saying he is just as fast as Usain Bolt who did a 4.2.(which by the way ties the record for the fastest ever in the NFL combine.) I highly doubt.that claim. I'd have to see footage of that one. Sounds like a legend to me. I believe the only stat MJ can claim is that he had a higher vertical.which he should because he was way lighter than Lebron even when Lebron was a rookie. The only other player I would put in Lebrons category was just drafted by the Pelicans. Zion is a freak athlete as well.
Lebron is a big goof with a freak physique and has no guts.

One of the most dominating players of all time

Yes you assume. Unless youre claiming youre a mind reader you are voicing an assumption. Did Lebron ever say he quit at anything?

Yes you assume. Unless youre claiming youre a mind reader you are voicing an assumption. Did Lebron ever say he quit at anything?
Yepp, he quit vs the celts

vs the mavs

after i saw that i peaced out and hes only had a couple chips since

hes the lowest will to win of all the greats. not even top 20 in will.

If he had no guts he wouldnt be the superstar he is now. You cant dominate in the NBA like he has for that long without having guts.

vs the mavs

Please post the video of him saying he quit. Please provide facts not feelings to support your argument.

vs the mavs

"hes only had a couple chips since"

How could he have any chips if he quit?

Forum List

Back