US Women's team runs up the score on Thailand 13-0 and act like idiots.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
In any sport, if you have clearly defeated an opponent it shows a complete lack of class or sportsmanship to keep scoring and worse yet, keep celebrating the meaningless scores. If you are beating a team in football 50 to 0 are you still throwing touchdowns and doing end zone dances? Of course not. If you are winning 10 to 0 in baseball are you hitting home runs, flipping your bat and doing a pimp strut around the bases? Of course not.

Well that is exactly what the US women's soccer team did in the first round of the FIFA cup behaving like goons who don't know how to win. I never root against an American team, but I wouldn't mind the US womens' soccer team getting a Karmic smack down. That was embarrassing and wrong.
US women's soccer team criticized for celebrating during World Cup blowout

In any sport, if you have clearly defeated an opponent it shows a complete lack of class or sportsmanship to keep scoring and worse yet, keep celebrating the meaningless scores. If you are beating a team in football 50 to 0 are you still throwing touchdowns and doing end zone dances? Of course not. If you are winning 10 to 0 in baseball are you hitting home runs, flipping your bat and doing a pimp strut around the bases? Of course not.

Well that is exactly what the US women's soccer team did in the first round of the FIFA cup behaving like goons who don't know how to win. I never root against an American team, but I wouldn't mind the US womens' soccer team getting a Karmic smack down. That was embarrassing and wrong.

The irony now would be to get beaten just as badly tomorrow and laughed at. It feels good to win, maybe to set a record, but there is also fair sportsmanship. I didn't see the event, but it sounds like a shame, it sounds like we were behaving more and more like the Left.

The irony now would be to get beaten just as badly tomorrow and laughed at. It feels good to win, maybe to set a record, but there is also fair sportsmanship. I didn't see the event, but it sounds like a shame, it sounds like we were behaving more and more like the Left.
Here is a short video of Rapinoe making an ass of herself after scoring the 9th goal on a totally overmatched Thailand team. Karma is a bitch.

Here is a short video of Rapinoe making an ass of herself after scoring the 9th goal on a totally overmatched Thailand team. Karma is a bitch.

Well, I gotta say having watched a 6 minute recap of the entire game that the Thai team STUNK and had no business being out there. They should fire their goalie. They all looked like deer in the headlights. The USA team was great and they played a great game and were rightly happy and celebrating each win as they should have. And after the game was over, they all shook hands, patted backs and walked away friends. They were playing for a World Cup and it was no more their job to pull it back and lighten up after 5 or 6 points than it is a straight A student to pull it back if everyone else in the class is only getting Cs.

If the USA had pulled it back then all of a sudden Thailand found their game at 5-0 and poured it on to a standstill USA team to rebound and beat the USA 5-6, everyone would have been asking instead what happened to the USA that they fell so flat after winning their first 5 points.

I think a far more insulting and condescending thing would have been for the USA team to obviously start pulling it back and throwing away clear scoring opportunities after 5-0. Not only would that have been insulting and condescending to the other team to deliberately throw away scoring opportunities, it might have called into question the legitimacy of the game and whether it was being rigged or not the USA "taking a fall" so as not to beat the other team too badly.

Pretty damn bad when we have to start apologizing for being the better team------ I guarantee you if any other country beat us 13-0, they wouldbn't be apologizing to us! Worse, they would be celebrating it saying the USA deserved it. Let me know the next time any team pulls back in the Olympics or Word Cup so as not to shame the USA too badly.

Look at me!
I just scored a goal against a team losing 8-0

Well, I gotta say having watched a 6 minute recap of the entire game that the Thai team STUNK and had no business being out there. They should fire their goalie. They all looked like deer in the headlights. The USA team was great and they played a great game and were rightly happy and celebrating each win as they should have. And after the game was over, they all shook hands, patted backs and walked away friends. They were playing for a World Cup and it was no more their job to pull it back and lighten up after 5 or 6 points than it is a straight A student to pull it back if everyone else in the class is only getting Cs.

If the USA had pulled it back then all of a sudden Thailand found their game at 5-0 and poured it on to a standstill USA team to rebound and beat the USA 5-6, everyone would have been asking instead what happened to the USA that they fell so flat after winning their first 5 points.

I think a far more insulting and condescending thing would have been for the USA team to obviously start pulling it back and throwing away clear scoring opportunities after 5-0. Not only would that have been insulting and condescending to the other team to deliberately throw away scoring opportunities, it might have called into question the legitimacy of the game and whether it was being rigged or not the USA "taking a fall" so as not to beat the other team too badly.

Pretty damn bad when we have to start apologizing for being the better team------ I guarantee you if any other country beat us 13-0, they wouldbn't be apologizing to us! Worse, they would be celebrating it saying the USA deserved it. Let me know the next time any team pulls back in the Olympics or Word Cup so as not to shame the USA too badly.

Celebrating each goal in a 13-0 rout shows no class

Hope they lose.....I don’t like them representing my country

Well there are lots of people who agree with you. My experience is sports and what I was taught is you don't run up the score on an over-matched team and you sure don't act like asses when the game is a blow out. That is classless. You win with class and you lose with class whether it's pro or little league.

Celebrating each goal in a 13-0 rout shows no class

Hope they lose.....I don’t like them representing my country

I agree with you, RW.

Look at me!

So now idiots like you will criticize every 51-0 blowout of an NFL game. Once it gets to about 30-0, dial it down and hope the team doesn't bounce back and beat you (it has happened). The World Cup team should have just stood out there with their thumbs up their asses after the score got to 5-0 and just let the clock run down as they simply kicked the ball around not even trying to score. What a boring thing to watch! HOW WAS THE USA to know that they would keep scoring?! A champion team trying NOT to win by too much! More of the same ol' tripe drilled into your pathetic brain that there should be no winners or losers or hurt feelings. Truth is you never scored 8-0 against NOBODY.

I didn't hear a single person out there booing as the USA put away Thailand to a history 13-0 victory. More power to them. Hope it is 22-0 next time. That is what competition is all about. Everyone goes out there and tries their best and let the cards fall where they may. Being happy at scoring a point or celebrating a win is one thing, you idiots make it sound like the USA was out there mocking the Thai Team, giving them the finger and making fun of them. That is NOT what happened little babies.

Look at me!

So now idiots like you will criticize every 51-0 blowout of an NFL game. Once it gets to about 30-0, dial it down and hope the team doesn't bounce back and beat you (it has happened). The World Cup team should have just stood out there with their thumbs up their asses after the score got to 5-0 and just let the clock run down as they simply kicked the ball around not even trying to score. What a boring thing to watch! HOW WAS THE USA to know that they would keep scoring?! A champion team trying NOT to win by too much! More of the same ol' tripe drilled into your pathetic brain that there should be no winners or losers or hurt feelings. Truth is you never scored 8-0 against NOBODY.

I didn't hear a single person out there booing as the USA put away Thailand to a history 13-0 victory. More power to them. Hope it is 22-0 next time. That is what competition is all about. Everyone goes out there and tries their best and let the cards fall where they may. Being happy at scoring a point or celebrating a win is one thing, you idiots make it sound like the USA was out there mocking the Thai Team, giving them the finger and making fun of them. That is NOT what happened little babies.

You just don’t get it, do you?

I have no issues with the score. It counts towards your total goals
I do have issues with contrived celebrations while you are piling on the score against an outmatched opponent

Look at me!
Look at me!

I just scored to make it 11-0!

Go Chile!

Nelson.jpg

Pathetic turd brain leftist rooting against his own country! Another shutout ass-kicking and now onto Sveden! The whole fucking place was yelling USA! USA! I don't hear anyone bitching about what bad sports and cheaters the Chileans were, constantly tripping people up and getting penalties, they are only lucky they didn't lose by more. Assholes like you back in the 1940's, what would you have been doing, rooting for Adolf Hitler to defeat the Allied Forces? GO USA!

Forum List

Back