Great Speech.

The President was real good at speachifying. Too bad he didn't recommend anything that he hadn't already done or that had already failed.

But he said it with enthusiasm and that alone will fool a lot of people out there.

I don't know if thats gonna work again there Mad.

I happened to be flipping channels after the speech and caught Hannity with Frank Luntz.

I don't normally watch Hannity but I did hang on to catch the reaction of the panel. The panel was half Reps and half Dems. Many of the people voted for Obama.

Judging from their reactions I don't think Barry's razzle dazzle is gonna work a second time.

Of course it was just a panel but if thats the reaction of folks who voted for Barry one has to wonder what the rest of the country is thinking.

Yeah...I saw that and was very pleased to see most AMericans are not falling for the crap.

But I noticed something else....and I am sure you did as well...but I wont mention it or I will be called a racist....but did you notice that the one who still supports Obama had no answer as to why she does?

Yes I did. She had that "I'm gonna support him even if he is a flipping failure" look on her face. I'm gonna support him even if his polices send us all to the poorhouse. Jeeze. Some folks have no common sense at all.

It is a fairly typical response from an Obamatron. They don't give a flying fuck about the country.... only their party.... and, more importantly, their Messiah.

How many times do people fall for the pretty words? Fucking idiots.

But you're not a Republican, right?? :lol: Then what are you??? A bitter, uninformed bitch that doesn't even live here. That's what I see.

What is a fucking shame is that CG ( allegedly a non citizen ) cares more about this country than you ( allegedly a citizen ). You care more about propping up the false messiah......

For the record.... my passport (yea, I'm one of the very few Americans to hold one of those).... says 'Citizen of the United States of America'. I am not a 'non citizen'. It's just that stupid people, like TruthDon'tMatter, lie.

I thought it would be okay but this was better. President Obama really hit the mark with this one.

Surprisingly enough Canter was on a few shows and it looks like hes on board with alot of the proposals.

:eusa_eh:

I liked a couple of his ideas but most of the speech was asking the congress to retry what we did in 09 that failed, it had the same "pass this or you hate teachers, kids, and puppies" rhetoric, and it centers around tax increases which the president knows the republican's wont go for.

All in all it came across to me as a political speech and not a solutions speech. I was pretty disappointed that he continued the Buffet tax misrepresentation and that immelt was even there! I know i know immelt is his jobs guy but that dude keeps shipping manufacturing jobs overseas, thats not what america needs.

I wish he made something I could look specifically, sorta like the romney plan, so I can actually talk about his jobs bill with knowledge of it....but no one has the bill!

I dunno, maybe my expectations that this would be drastically different than his past speeches and proposals were too high but overall I was disappointed.

It's coming next week.

And I seriously don't get why somebody who is being a politician who actually is a politician is so denigrated.

That's sorta like getting mad at a doctor for prescribing pills.

Well, there was that one time at 3AM when I told my wife it was her turn to feed the baby becuase I was up with him at 12 midnight...even though I wasnt.

:lol: that's foul, bro

I can write a book GT...

When we had our first one, we were struggling financially...and the baby was a definite strain.

Now, one thing I hated was changing diapers...didnt mind the pee diapers....but the other ones? No interest.

So what did I do? My wife said "your turn" and I changed the diaper right in front of her. Took a handful of "wipees".....nearly the whole box.....and wiped the kids butt with them. She told me we will go borke if I use that many wipees....and I told her I will never use less.....

I never had to change a diaper again.

Yep..I can wriote a book on fatherhood.

Actually, you probably couldn't. Which is why people like me earn money off people like you. :eusa_angel: I'm not cheap, but I'm really, really good. :eusa_whistle:

This meme is becoming tiresome.

Somehow we have money to prosecute a war in Afghanistan, maintain some 700 bases globally, provide a military for Israel, Jordan, Egypt and many other countries while spending more then the rest of the world combine to keep ourselves armed to the teeth against some vague threat..but we can not repair our infrastructure or put people to work.

yeah..we got it.
Vague threat? I remember 9-11. Just more lies from the liar in chief.

What I find interesting is that the idiot lefties seem to think we are a bottomless pit of money. They had their fucking stimulus.... and where is the benefit? We were told we were funding 'shovel ready' and 'infrastructure' projects last time... so where the fuck are the new roads and bridges? Where the hell is the repaired infrastructure? Oh, wait, that money got stolen and misused. So we're now supposed to do it all again. And, the idiots on the left think we should STFU and pay for their last fuck up, and this one.

Screw them, screw their Messiah. The bank of Mom and Dad is closed.

yeah, i can't see these projects neither. from germany.

maybe they are renovating landstuhl hospital.

"we are a bottomless pit of money"

great writing right there, brat.

But you're not a Republican, right?? :lol: Then what are you??? A bitter, uninformed bitch that doesn't even live here. That's what I see.

What is a fucking shame is that CG ( allegedly a non citizen ) cares more about this country than you ( allegedly a citizen ). You care more about propping up the false messiah......

For the record.... my passport (yea, I'm one of the very few Americans to hold one of those).... says 'Citizen of the United States of America'. I am not a 'non citizen'. It's just that stupid people, like TruthDon'tMatter, lie.

Got it, so you're not one of the people TM says are being denied their voting rights?....:cool:

I agree, Newt is a VERY smart guy. Smarter than the rest of the field for sure. However, on a personal level I think he is also in a category all to himself and not in a good way. I despise the way he has conducted himself on a personal level and that's hard for me to get over.

Got over Bill Clinton's personal foibles pretty quick though, didn't you?

I'm not condoning cheating, but there is a difference between what Clinton did and cheating on your wife who is battling cancer.

Do you know anything else about their relationship besides the fact that she had cancer? Had she been cheating on him? So the fact that she had cancer makes him him vile, but clinton married to a bitch excuses him. OK I get it.

Got over Bill Clinton's personal foibles pretty quick though, didn't you?

I'm not condoning cheating, but there is a difference between what Clinton did and cheating on your wife who is battling cancer.

Do you know anything else about their relationship besides the fact that she had cancer? Had she been cheating on him? So the fact that she had cancer makes him him vile, but clinton married to a bitch excuses him. OK I get it.

The other term is situational ethics.

The left is full of those rules.

Oops, my apologies for getting off topic.

The speech was just more of the same Marxist rhetoric we've come to know from Obama......

I thought it would be okay but this was better. President Obama really hit the mark with this one.

Surprisingly enough Canter was on a few shows and it looks like hes on board with alot of the proposals.

I think there was some good points in what's he's asking, I don't think raising taxes on the rich is going to fly. Part of it sounded just like another payback for the unions. I have a feeling that if he gets what he wants, the lions share of the money is going to "union wage jobs" again. To me....it's campaign trickery to funnel the funds to unions.
Small businesses won't hire for a tax break....at least that's what a couple of small businesses owners told me. The economy needs to be stimulated, that's what will make the small businesses grow.

I think there was some good points in what's he's asking, I don't think raising taxes on the rich is going to fly. Part of it sounded just like another payback for the unions. I have a feeling that if he gets what he wants, the lions share of the money is going to "union wage jobs" again. To me....it's campaign trickery to funnel the funds to unions.
Small businesses to hire for a tax break....at least that's what a couple of small businesses owners told me. The economy needs to be stimulated, that's what will make the small businesses grow.

Yep.

I agree there were some good points in the speech.

However, he is calling for another stimulus plan which has already proven to be a failure. He, also, stated that this would be paid for by... wait for it... money that was committed to be cut out of the budget by the Super Committee. I'm sorry, that doesn't cut it. The plan was to cut spending not reallocate it.

He didn't have a "plan". He spoke about ideas. Ideas that he knew would not get through Congress. If there is a plan, his plan is simply this: push all the blame on his Republican opponents so that he can win the November 2012 election. Well, pardon me, but that is not the frigging plan I care about. I want to get back to work before I am old enough to start collecting Social Security for crying out loud!

Immie

The Prez spoke about creating an environment with tax breaks for small business to grow. This is a good thing. But then, and in his next breath proposed money for infrastructure building and funding schools. The problem with that “I will give you a cookie if you will give me a large cake “mentality is that is how government has been operating for some time now.

No-one is willing to do anything without attaching a ‘favorite’ project or cause to the proposal. This is what is causing the split in votes.

I agree that compromise is a key factor to progress but, when the compromise endangers the very foundation of our financial system, the price is too high and the compromise goes off the table.

The interest of the country is not the aim. The aim is the progressive movement to whichever side you happen to be on. The economy is stalled and without it, there is no progress. In order to get the ‘progressive ideology’ one desires, there must be income. Take care of income first and then worry about your progressive ideas of direction later.

What I find interesting is that the idiot lefties seem to think we are a bottomless pit of money. They had their fucking stimulus.... and where is the benefit? We were told we were funding 'shovel ready' and 'infrastructure' projects last time... so where the fuck are the new roads and bridges? Where the hell is the repaired infrastructure? Oh, wait, that money got stolen and misused. So we're now supposed to do it all again. And, the idiots on the left think we should STFU and pay for their last fuck up, and this one.

I can take a 2 minute drive and find you a couple of projects the stimulus funded, tbh.
wasted stimulus money

Please tell us about these projects and how they improved your community. What do you have to show for the money spent. Please provide cost of project, the number of jobs it funded and how long those jobs lasted.

Last edited:
So what is spending 447 billion of money we don't have going to accomplish that spending 873 billion of money we don't have didn't already?

Somehow we have money to prosecute a war in Afghanistan, maintain some 700 bases globally, provide a military for Israel, Jordan, Egypt and many other countries while spending more then the rest of the world combine to keep ourselves armed to the teeth against some vague threat..but we can not repair our infrastructure or put people to work.

yeah..we got it.

Yeah..vague threat.

The proper response to 9/11 would have been to go into Afghanistan, kill the terrorists, clean out the camps, build a couple of irrigation ditches, give the Taliban some smokes and the kiddies chocolate and leave them with a stern warning that we would be back if they hosted Al Qaeda again. Only next time no chocolate, smokes, or irrigation ditiches.

The proper response to terrorism is to the shoot the number 1 in the face in front of number 2 and then ask number 2 what his beef was again..

I watched the speech in its entirety. Let me preface this by saying that from the beginning I wanted President Obama (just for you Sallow) to succeed. If he had succeeded, we would all succeed. A rising tide lifts ALL boats, not just some. He did not succeed because he is more concerned with an ideology than with common sense business approaches. I agree that the tax incentives for small businesses will HELP, but it will not fix the situation. If you hire someone at minimum wage, it costs you $30,000 a year. How is a $4,000 tax break going to compensate when we haven't even addressed the penalties coming for Obamacare?

Small businesses are being drowned in red tape. I truly agree that it would not be helpful to completely do away with some regulations, such as levels of mercury that President Obama highlighted, but it would be helpful to eradicate those regulations that are strangling small businesses. I got out because I spent more money complying with federal regulations than in just doing my business. I saw nothing last night that makes me believe that it will change. At coffee this morning, none of my acquaintences who own businesses saw anything that makes them believe otherwise either. Those that can hire will not. Still the "wait and see" attitude.

I have to ask my friends on the left, which government agency is it that creates those jobs we need? The answer my friends is NONE. Government does NOT create jobs and I really get the impression that the left does not understand that simple fact. You have to REMOVE roadblocks. You have to REMOVE the belief, whether deserved or not, that President Obama and his administration wants to punish small business owners. I am here to tell you that in "fly over" country the belief still exists this morning that the only solution will be a change in leadership. He (President Obama) has spent his political capital on previous ideas that will and have hurt small businesses and he is not willing to change or even discuss those issues.

I am glad that those of you on the left were so impressed. But naturally, YOU don't run a small business. We do and we do not see a change in attitude nor a change in direction. Enact the jobs bill and I can guarantee that nothing will change. Sad, but true...

I can take a 2 minute drive and find you a couple of projects the stimulus funded, tbh.
wasted stimulus money

Please tell us about these projects and how they improved your community. What do you have to show for the money spent. Please provide cost of project, the number of jobs it funded and how long those jobs lasted.

Second ave subway line.

What I find interesting is that the idiot cons seem to think we are a bottomless pit of money. They had their fucking tax cuts and war on terror.... and where is the benefit? We were told we were funding 'job creators' and 'freedom' projects last time... so where the fuck are the new jobs and security? Where the hell is Osama Bin Laden? Oh, wait, that money got stolen and misused. So we're now supposed to do it all again. And, the idiots on the right think we should STFU and pay for their last fuck up, and this one.

yeah..we got it.

Yeah..vague threat.

The proper response to 9/11 would have been to go into Afghanistan, kill the terrorists, clean out the camps, build a couple of irrigation ditches, give the Taliban some smokes and the kiddies chocolate and leave them with a stern warning that we would be back if they hosted Al Qaeda again. Only next time no chocolate, smokes, or irrigation ditiches.

The proper response to terrorism is to the shoot the number 1 in the face in front of number 2 and then ask number 2 what his beef was again..

SALLOW!!!! I laughed so hard at this, I had trouble getting back up on my chair to type!!! I knew there was a reason why I liked you, even though you're a card carrying leftie.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU :clap2:

Yeah..vague threat.

SALLOW!!!! I laughed so hard at this, I had trouble getting back up on my chair to type!!! I knew there was a reason why I liked you, even though you're a card carrying leftie.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU :clap2:

:2up:

What I find interesting is that the idiot cons seem to think we are a bottomless pit of money. They had their fucking tax cuts and war on terror.... and where is the benefit? We were told we were funding 'job creators' and 'freedom' projects last time... so where the fuck are the new jobs and security? Where the hell is Osama Bin Laden? Oh, wait, that money got stolen and misused. So we're now supposed to do it all again. And, the idiots on the right think we should STFU and pay for their last fuck up, and this one.

Come back after you pulled your head out of your ass.

So what is spending 447 billion of money we don't have going to accomplish that spending 873 billion of money we don't have didn't already?

yeah..we got it.

Well said. What is painfully obvious is the Republcan leadership in Congress is focused on the next general election and not on the plight of the American citizens. Congress has passed nothing to mitigate the lifes our citizens it has a duty to protect; such a breach hidden under the quise of fiscal responsibility is absurd if not criminal.

Forum List

Back