Great Speech.

I am definitely disappointed overall in his inability to stand up and fight for what he claims to believe in/want. However I am even more disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a better candidate out there for 2012. Now THAT is disappointing.

I know you will never see the same qualities in a candidate that I do....but putting ideology and agenda aside....and I cant believe I am saying this becuase I was never impressed with him as speaker....But Newt was very impressive Wednesday night. He is by far the most articulate, the most confident and the most knowledgable of all of the candidates that night....in my opinion.

Ideologically, he and I are on the same page as well.....

Problem is....he will have serious issues getting the other side of the aisle working with him...very much like Obama is experiencing now.

I agree, Newt is a VERY smart guy. Smarter than the rest of the field for sure. However, on a personal level I think he is also in a category all to himself and not in a good way. I despise the way he has conducted himself on a personal level and that's hard for me to get over.

Got over Bill Clinton's personal foibles pretty quick though, didn't you?

I would do the same.
But I never believed in Obama as the man who was taking America to another level.
So I am not disappointed that he hasnt.
But so many people truly beleived in the man.....the disappointment must be devastating.

I am definitely disappointed overall in his inability to stand up and fight for what he claims to believe in/want. However I am even more disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a better candidate out there for 2012. Now THAT is disappointing.

I know you will never see the same qualities in a candidate that I do....but putting ideology and agenda aside....and I cant believe I am saying this becuase I was never impressed with him as speaker....But Newt was very impressive Wednesday night. He is by far the most articulate, the most confident and the most knowledgable of all of the candidates that night....in my opinion.

Problem is....he will have serious issues getting the other side of the aisle working with him...very much like Obama is experiencing now.

I have to agree with you in regards to Newt. He is probably the only one that I even halfway like or trust but he will never be able to build a bridge between the parties and liberals will tear him apart in regards to his affair while trying to bring down Clinton. It is not that they have a problem with politicians having affairs, but rather Republican politicians who get caught doing anything. They would have a field day with him if he were nominated.

Immie

I thought it would be okay but this was better. President Obama really hit the mark with this one.

Surprisingly enough Canter was on a few shows and it looks like hes on board with alot of the proposals.

:eusa_eh:

So what is spending 447 billion of money we don't have going to accomplish that spending 873 billion of money we don't have didn't already?

This meme is becoming tiresome.

Somehow we have money to prosecute a war in Afghanistan, maintain some 700 bases globally, provide a military for Israel, Jordan, Egypt and many other countries while spending more then the rest of the world combine to keep ourselves armed to the teeth against some vague threat..but we can not repair our infrastructure or put people to work.

yeah..we got it.
Vague threat? I remember 9-11. Just more lies from the liar in chief.

I agree, Newt is a VERY smart guy. Smarter than the rest of the field for sure. However, on a personal level I think he is also in a category all to himself and not in a good way. I despise the way he has conducted himself on a personal level and that's hard for me to get over.

lol...I cant disagree with you on that. But lets be real here....many of our politicians have skeletons in their closet. Seems to me, politicians are no longer held to a higher standard.

I remember when Gary Hart was knocked out of the race becuase he went to a party on some guys boat...a supporter....and it was found out that there were some promiscuous women on the boat....Hart didnt know of them, didnt see them, didnt have anything to do with them...they were a few paid women out of dozens on the boat.

But his campaign died becuase of it.

Now? Heck...you can have a supporter kick off your political career for you that has a past of "hating America"...you can conduct a deal with a man who, a few years later is convicted of business fraud....you can adnmit to doing cocaine as a kid....

Dam...I remember back in the 60's my mom would tell me..."if you cheat on your third grade math test, you will never be able to become Pressident"

By fourth grade. my chances of becoming dog catcher all but vanished!

The problem is that many liberals are forgetful of their own who screw up, but not so forgiving of Republicans who screw up; while conservatives, despite their beliefs in forgiveness, will hold their own to a higher standard and if you screw up once you can be forgiven at the Pearly Gates, but you won't be given a second chances this side of those gates.

Immie

:lol: And therein lies my point with you. You are more interested in petty point scoring than honesty. Credibility, once lost, is hard to retrieve. Mocking 6 million dead for your silly games.... shame on you.

Funny, considering you once had a Nazi avatar..."as a joke".

Could you be any more of a hypocrite? EVERYTHING you say is completely opposite of what you actually say and do yourself. Simply amazing.

It's interesting how.... whenever the 'Nazi Avatar' thing gets raised.... the whiny assed idiots who do so deliberately ignore the Disclaimer I had in my sig at the time.

Simply amazing.... but I can see why y'all struggle with 'context'.

Hypocrisy "justified"

lol...I cant disagree with you on that. But lets be real here....many of our politicians have skeletons in their closet. Seems to me, politicians are no longer held to a higher standard.

I remember when Gary Hart was knocked out of the race becuase he went to a party on some guys boat...a supporter....and it was found out that there were some promiscuous women on the boat....Hart didnt know of them, didnt see them, didnt have anything to do with them...they were a few paid women out of dozens on the boat.

Now? Heck...you can have a supporter kick off your political career for you that has a past of "hating America"...you can conduct a deal with a man who, a few years later is convicted of business fraud....you can adnmit to doing cocaine as a kid....

Dam...I remember back in the 60's my mom would tell me..."if you cheat on your third grade math test, you will never be able to become Pressident"

The problem is that many liberals are forgetful of their own who screw up, but not so forgiving of Republicans who screw up; while conservatives, despite their beliefs in forgiveness, will hold their own to a higher standard and if you screw up once you can be forgiven at the Pearly Gates, but you won't be given a second chances this side of those gates.

Immie

Well...the liberals are not the ones who campaign about family values...so I understand them letting theirs get away with things such as infidelity.

Conservatives are all about family values......as they should be. Heck, I am married 27 years...never strayed...never wanted to stray....and never lie to my wife.

Well, there was that one time at 3AM when I told my wife it was her turn to feed the baby becuase I was up with him at 12 midnight...even though I wasnt.

Got over Bill Clinton's personal foibles pretty quick though, didn't you?

I'm not condoning cheating, but there is a difference between what Clinton did and cheating on your wife who is battling cancer.

So what is spending 447 billion of money we don't have going to accomplish that spending 873 billion of money we don't have didn't already?

Somehow we have money to prosecute a war in Afghanistan, maintain some 700 bases globally, provide a military for Israel, Jordan, Egypt and many other countries while spending more then the rest of the world combine to keep ourselves armed to the teeth against some vague threat..but we can not repair our infrastructure or put people to work.

yeah..we got it.

What I find interesting is that the idiot lefties seem to think we are a bottomless pit of money. They had their fucking stimulus.... and where is the benefit? We were told we were funding 'shovel ready' and 'infrastructure' projects last time... so where the fuck are the new roads and bridges? Where the hell is the repaired infrastructure? Oh, wait, that money got stolen and misused. So we're now supposed to do it all again. And, the idiots on the left think we should STFU and pay for their last fuck up, and this one.

Screw them, screw their Messiah. The bank of Mom and Dad is closed.

He's between a rock and a hard place. He was handed a pile of horse shit and a thimble to use to clean it up while the greek chorus chants "YOU'RE FAILING!".

THIS is tiresome......

It is a fairly typical response from an Obamatron. They don't give a flying fuck about the country.... only their party.... and, more importantly, their Messiah.

How many times do people fall for the pretty words? Fucking idiots.

But you're not a Republican, right?? :lol: Then what are you??? A bitter, uninformed bitch that doesn't even live here. That's what I see.

yeah..we got it.

What I find interesting is that the idiot lefties seem to think we are a bottomless pit of money. They had their fucking stimulus.... and where is the benefit? We were told we were funding 'shovel ready' and 'infrastructure' projects last time... so where the fuck are the new roads and bridges? Where the hell is the repaired infrastructure? Oh, wait, that money got stolen and misused. So we're now supposed to do it all again. And, the idiots on the left think we should STFU and pay for their last fuck up, and this one.

Screw them, screw their Messiah. The bank of Mom and Dad is closed.

I can take a 2 minute drive and find you a couple of projects the stimulus funded, tbh.

THIS is tiresome......

It is a fairly typical response from an Obamatron. They don't give a flying fuck about the country.... only their party.... and, more importantly, their Messiah.

But you're not a Republican, right?? :lol: Then what are you??? A bitter, uninformed bitch that doesn't even live here. That's what I see.

As if we worry about your petty thoughts.

Well, there was that one time at 3AM when I told my wife it was her turn to feed the baby becuase I was up with him at 12 midnight...even though I wasnt.

:lol: that's foul, bro

I can write a book GT...

When we had our first one, we were struggling financially...and the baby was a definite strain.

Now, one thing I hated was changing diapers...didnt mind the pee diapers....but the other ones? No interest.

So what did I do? My wife said "your turn" and I changed the diaper right in front of her. Took a handful of "wipees".....nearly the whole box.....and wiped the kids butt with them. She told me we will go borke if I use that many wipees....and I told her I will never use less.....

I never had to change a diaper again.

Yep..I can wriote a book on fatherhood.

I listened to his speech and heard the same old same old. Lets fix the infrastructure. More shovel ready jobs that ain't shovel ready??

He does have spending cuts in there but he also has more spending. We are broke folks. Where is this money going to come from??

His lets spend now and take 10 yrs to pay for it?? There will be a new Congress and they do not have to keep the promises of of a previous Congress. Been there. Done that.

He hit the class warfare bs again. The rich need to pay more. Nothing about the 47% who pay no Fed taxes at all.

He also his on the fact that jobs are going overseas. All the while Jeff Immelt sits next to his wife during the speech. The same Immelt who runs GE. GE that has billions of untaxed dollars in offshore accounts. The same GE that is shipping jobs to China. Immelt, the Jobs Tzar. What a fucking joke.

Oh yeah. He gave a good speech. Fine rhetoric but thats about it.

He just doesnt get it. Small and medium sized businesses will not expand until they know 2 things....what thier annual costs for healthcare will be per employee and there is a positive projection for 2 quarters in advance. Unfortunately, neither of those will be known until well into 2012.

That being said, his idea of tax credits for the hiring of an individual who has been on unemployment for 6 months or longer will be gamed and result in no net gained jobs. Companies will simply review their roster of employees, lay off those that are easily replaceable....wait a few weeks if not months and then hire someone who has been on unemployment for 6 months or longer....and get the tax credit.

This plan, although has some merit, will not work...and I am surprirsed that his economic team has not already informed him of that.

It's obvious he doesn't get it. As the very wise Mr. O'Reilly pointed out last night. "look who sat next to mrs. obama during the speech".. know who it was" "it was jeffery immelt. evil rich white man, ceo of a company that has stacked 5 trillion offshore, pays zero in corporate taxes and shipped millions of jobs to china. Now,,, tell us again why we should believe in obama's sincerity?

If that's what O'Reilly said, he made a really good point. Where is the outrage?

Just because you are outraged by everything does not mean everyone is. Not everybody is bitter and angry. He said nothing to be outraged about.

THIS is tiresome......

What is a fucking shame is that CG ( allegedly a non citizen ) cares more about this country than you ( allegedly a citizen ). You care more about propping up the false messiah......

Immie

Well...the liberals are not the ones who campaign about family values...so I understand them letting theirs get away with things such as infidelity.

Conservatives are all about family values......as they should be. Heck, I am married 27 years...never strayed...never wanted to stray....and never lie to my wife.

You used that too? :lol:

Or, pretending to be asleep while the baby is crying and waiting for her to get up... and now since she is already up she may as well go ahead and feed the baby?

True story: I am a night owl although not as bad as I used to be. By the way, I have been married 27 years as well. When my kids were babies, I would be up at 3am on the computer or reading. The baby would not make a sound... I swear! My wife would get out of bed and head towards the kid's room. I'd ask, "where are you going?". She'd say, "the baby is crying" and invariably about the time she finished saying that the baby would start crying.

Immie

I thought it would be okay but this was better. President Obama really hit the mark with this one.

Surprisingly enough Canter was on a few shows and it looks like hes on board with alot of the proposals.

I think there was some good points in what's he's asking, I don't think raising taxes on the rich is going to fly. Part of it sounded just like another payback for the unions. I have a feeling that if he gets what he wants, the lions share of the money is going to "union wage jobs" again. To me....it's campaign trickery to funnel the funds to unions.
Small businesses won't hire for a tax break....at least that's what a couple of small businesses owners told me. The economy needs to be stimulated, that's what will make the small businesses grow.

Ame®icano;4115554 said:
I thought the speech was good, but it doesn't stand a ground.

In reality he is demanding from all of us, including Congress, to band over and agree with him long before his plan is even written. Does Congress has to pas this bill in order to find out what's in it too?

And that's not what happened.

What happened was that President Obama did something that was sort of expected, but he did it well. What he did was, yet again, challenge to the Republican party to become the responsible party it once was. He challenged them to start governing in a manner that is not lunacy.

Look. President Obama won the Presidential election, and by a count greater then his predecessor. And what happened was the opposing party simply didn't accept that. They wanted to nullify the election. And by in large, they've been pretty successful. And a large part of that is because of bigotry and racism. It's not the sort of racism of 50 years ago..but it is very prevalent. Michele Bachmann is a prime example. She not a fire breathing, "let's lynch them", type. Quite the contrary. She accepts the fact that we are a multi-cultural society..just she doesn't view other cultures as "equal". She's actually said this. And this is the "soft" bigotry and racism that now is really a part of the culture of both American Conservatism and the Republican party. They have no trouble with people of other cultures and racism so long as they know their "place". And it's an abomination that a fellow who's skin is not white sits in the White House.

I'm sure President Obama is starting to get this. But he hasn't given up on the notion of working together. However, simply asking to work together is not going to work. So he challenged them. And very publicly. It was a politically masterful thing to do. But in either case, Republicans working with him or not, he will be perceived as the one who set the agenda and tried.

I think there was some good points in what's he's asking, I don't think raising taxes on the rich is going to fly. Part of it sounded just like another payback for the unions. I have a feeling that if he gets what he wants, the lions share of the money is going to "union wage jobs" again. To me....it's campaign trickery to funnel the funds to unions.
Small businesses to hire for a tax break....at least that's what a couple of small businesses owners told me. The economy needs to be stimulated, that's what will make the small businesses grow.

Yep.

Forum List

Back