Governor Romney now wants to insource jobs to non-citizens:

The visas are quite plainly for people who will start businesses here. If you can't comprehend that, then your are monumentally stupid.

I have no fucking clue where you got that second piece of nonsense, as I said no such thing. Neither did Romney. Your projecting out to the ridiculous... again.

The failure rate for businesses is staggeringly high; if the visas are "quite plainly" for people who will start businesses (it down't say that by the way), then I guess a lawn mowing company would qualify...maybe a lemonade stand? If/when it goes belly up; they have visas and are competing with citizens for jobs then; right? I guess a loophole by any other name is not the same?

You are right about one thing;

You have no fucking clue.

you can stretch out to the insane all you like. Doesnt make you right.

candycorn-albums-triton-picture4606-alphabet-soup.jpg

I think making it easier for well educated, well off foreigners to come here, start a business, and create jobs here is an excellent idea. Encouraging investment in this country by anyone, citizen or non-citizen, can only help the economy.

Why not make it easier for Americans to become well educated? Is that even an option or do we try to recruit the people who benefit from free education in other countries.

I think making it easier for well educated, well off foreigners to come here, start a business, and create jobs here is an excellent idea. Encouraging investment in this country by anyone, citizen or non-citizen, can only help the economy.

Why not make it easier for Americans to become well educated? Is that even an option or do we try to recruit the people who benefit from free education in other countries.

:clap2:

Aside from setting up a system to make it harder for native-born workers to compete; apparently the Governor also wishes to increase the competition for native-born employers as well.

To use a volleyball analogy, Instead of hiring a top flight striker or setter from outside the ranks, why not build better bench strength for the home team first?

Aside from setting up a system to make it harder for native-born workers to compete; apparently the Governor also wishes to increase the competition for native-born employers as well.

To use a volleyball analogy, Instead of hiring a top flight striker or setter from outside the ranks, why not build better bench strength for the home team first?

Why do you hate the educated and the entrpreneurial?

What a moron you are.

What a moron you are.

You guys remind of all of the new reality shows. Storage Wars, Cupcake Wars, Food Truck Wars, Property Wars etc..

Every response to an arguement involves accusations of "hating"

What a moron you are.

You guys remind of all of the new reality shows. Storage Wars, Cupcake Wars, Food Truck Wars, Property Wars etc..

OK, dislike.

Why on Earth would you be against this?

What issues do you have with making visas easily available to the highly educated and the entrepreneurial?

And, don't fool yourself, getting visas is relatively easy for research scientists and grad students in the sciences, so that really isn't changing all that much. Funny how you hyperventilate about it, now.

Sincerity? :lmao:

"Grant permanent residency to eligible graduates with advanced degrees in math, science, and engineering"

Agree! The shortage of Americans trained in these fields falls in line with the small amount of available education slots in the USA!!

RNs are one of my pet peeves.

There are a lot of out-of-work RN's. When the local health department had their latest round of lay-offs, we were flooded with resumes. There are a lot of out of work engineers too come to think of it.

did you bitch when obummer gave 800 thousand illegals green cards? didyahuh?

What a moron you are.

Yeah, when they get like that, I just put the children into a time out; their impotence drives them batty.

What a moron you are.

OK, dislike.

What issues do you have with making visas easily available to the highly educated and the entrepreneurial?

And, don't fool yourself, getting visas is relatively easy for research scientists and grad students in the sciences, so that really isn't changing all that much. Funny how you hyperventilate about it, now.

Why on earth would you be against making the home team stronger? I have no problem with making the visas easier to get but what I do have a problem with is that you see that as the only option. Why not take a que from other countries reduce or make college free and raise the best and brightest ourselves? Why would anyone be against that?

OK, dislike.

Why on earth would you be against making the home team stronger? I have no problem with making the visas easier to get but what I do have a problem with is that you see that as the only option. Why not take a que from other countries reduce or make college free and raise the best and brightest ourselves? Why would anyone be against that?
I have no issues with making the "home team" stronger. The fact of the matter is, in the sciences, we have a shortage of home team players. We've had this shortage for over a decade.

As an American, I am a minority in my profession and have been since the 90s.

We used to be on the plus end on the 'brain drain'. Now, not so much because the foreigners are finding conditions for their careers more favorable in their home countries, rather than here. That is a complete reversal.

We need to keep them HERE. And, again, this is nothing new, at least for the sciences. Getting a USA visa has been easier for those with higher education in the sciences for over a decade, too.

And, the day I agree to let the federal government get MORE involved in higher education is the day I should shoot myself. It's already dumbed down from the feds fucking up secondary ed.

OK, dislike.

That was one of the better ideas I heard recently....have X number of college hours paid for then pay it back out of payroll deductions during your earning years. It would certainly help to create that bench strength domestically.

As for this thread; I agree, nothing especially wrong with visas but you should make it more attractive to develop your own talent before you make it more attractive to import non-natives at reduced costs.

OK, dislike.

That was one of the better ideas I heard recently....have X number of college hours paid for then pay it back out of payroll deductions during your earning years. It would certainly help to create that bench strength domestically.

As for this thread; I agree, nothing especially wrong with visas but you should make it more attractive to develop your own talent before you make it more attractive to import non-natives at reduced costs.
What reduced costs?

You shouldn't take so much acid - it make you hallucinate.

Having foreign born workers here does strengthen the home team. It's a win-win for everyone. Except the stupid and ignorant.

Having foreign born workers here does strengthen the home team. It's a win-win for everyone. Except the stupid and ignorant.

Until they go back home then we have the same problem that existed in the first place. Putting a bandaid on a cancer patient might make them feel good but it doesnt fix the cancer

Until they go back home then we have the same problem that existed in the first place. Putting a bandaid on a cancer patient might make them feel good but it doesnt fix the cancer

What problem was that? And why would they go back home if they are happily making money here?

What problem was that? And why would they go back home if they are happily making money here?

I don't know why but They can go back and theres the rub.

This is from Governor Romney's website:

Attracting the Best and the Brightest​

To ensure that America continues to lead the world in innovation and economic dynamism, a Romney administration would press for an immigration policy designed to maximize America’s economic potential. The United States needs to attract and retain job creators from wherever they come. Foreign-born residents with advanced degrees start companies, create jobs, and drive innovation at an especially high rate. While lawful immigrants comprise about 8 percent of the population, immigrants start 16 percent of our top-performing, high-technology companies, hold the position of CEO or lead engineer in 25 percent of high-tech firms, and produce over 25 percent of all patent applications filed from the United States.

• Raise visa caps for highly skilled workers
  • Grant permanent residency to eligible graduates with advanced degrees in math, science, and engineering

---

While America is the destination for many of the world's best and brightest minds; making it easier for companies to hire these professionals on the cheap while ignoring native born citizens of equal or greater qualifications is an area where I disagree with the governor.

H1Bs are the other dirty little secret of executives.

Saturate the labor market with them..and inevitably cost of labor goes down..as does the bargaining position of highly skilled workers.

Thank's Mitt.

And thanks conservatives.

This is from Governor Romney's website:

Attracting the Best and the Brightest​

To ensure that America continues to lead the world in innovation and economic dynamism, a Romney administration would press for an immigration policy designed to maximize America’s economic potential. The United States needs to attract and retain job creators from wherever they come. Foreign-born residents with advanced degrees start companies, create jobs, and drive innovation at an especially high rate. While lawful immigrants comprise about 8 percent of the population, immigrants start 16 percent of our top-performing, high-technology companies, hold the position of CEO or lead engineer in 25 percent of high-tech firms, and produce over 25 percent of all patent applications filed from the United States.

• Raise visa caps for highly skilled workers
  • Grant permanent residency to eligible graduates with advanced degrees in math, science, and engineering

---

While America is the destination for many of the world's best and brightest minds; making it easier for companies to hire these professionals on the cheap while ignoring native born citizens of equal or greater qualifications is an area where I disagree with the governor.

H1Bs are the other dirty little secret of executives.

Saturate the labor market with them..and inevitably cost of labor goes down..as does the bargaining position of highly skilled workers.

Thank's Mitt.

And thanks conservatives.

So you're in favor of artificial quotas to keep prices high to screw everyone else while protecting an alrready privileged class. Got it.

Forum List

Back