Governor of Louisiana Declares State of Emergency as State’s Coastline Disappears

We definitely have "climate change"...no doubt about that.... but it's not happening because of the reasons we are being told. It's not happening because people drive back and forth to work in order to eek out an existence on this shitty prison planet.

Unless you have read the "Iron Mountain Report" and what the formation of the "Club Of Rome" in 1969 was all about and their push for "sustainable development" or the Rio Conference in 1992 and Agenda 21? You will not understand what it is I am talking about.
The biggest lie is the planet is in danger! The planet is fine. The people are fucked!

Geo-engineering i.e "Chem-trailing" and it's use for weather modification is killing the eco-system. This program has been going on since 1997 in earnest and it's all nice and legal because we were given "public notice" and it falls under the catch-all term of "National Security". It is killing the plankton which is the bottom feeder but a crucial part of the foundation of the ocean food web. It's corrupting our soil, it lands on the grazing lands that the cattle eat, we breathe it in....aluminum, strontium and barium nano-particulates. Guess which multi-national corporation has developed seeds that will grow in aluminum corrupted soil? If you guessed "Monsanto", you have guessed correctly. I have taken thousands of pictures of the spraying......
10394600_10203979483958635_7325927193558755593_n.jpg
14088453_1583908955246351_4582717209039535041_n.png

There is no such thing as climate change that's any different from the changing climate over the millenia. This is coastal erosion no different from any other natural coastal erosion.
No, earlier governors of LA asked for deeper and straighter access to the Gulf and got it. That is eroding the coast faster than natural erosion ever could. They also engineered a below sea level largest city in the state. These Guys always double down on dumb.

"They" did huh.

New Orleans has been there for three hundred years.

That may be, but it doesn't take a genius to realize it's a bad idea to build in a flood zone.

New Orleans was originally built on the only high ground in the area.
Apparently our ancestors were smarter than our current stock of morons.
True. originally New Orleans was the French quarter which is still above sea level and did not have serious flooding during Katrina. Most of the areas directly adjoining the French Quarter also suffered only minor damage. I also googled the history of the levees and found out that Katrina was no greater than the fourth worst flood of New Orleans since becoming part of the US.

Governor of Louisiana Declares State of Emergency as State’s Coastline Disappears
Getty
In Brief

The Governor of Louisiana declared a state of emergency on April 18 based on the continuous, rapid erosion of the state's coastline. The Louisiana coast is the eye of a perfect storm for land loss caused by multiple factors, including climate change.
Losing Ground

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards declared a state of emergency on April 18 based on the continuous, rapid erosion of the state’s coastline. The goal of the declaration is to hasten the federal permitting process in order to get coastal restoration projects started and bring nationwide attention to the issue.

“Decades of saltwater intrusion, subsidence and rising sea levels have made the Louisiana coast the nation’s most rapidly deteriorating shoreline,” WWNO’s Travis Lux told the NPR Newscast unit. “It loses the equivalent of one football field of land every hour.”

Governor of Louisiana Declares State of Emergency as State's Coastline Disappears

I feel kind of bad for Louisiana as the state is quite frankly fucked.

Yep. The Mississippi has been dammed along most of its length and the sediment load that used to replenish the delta, which protected the coastline from the pounding of the waves, has stopped. A well known problem that has been studied for over 50 years. John McPhee has an excellent book called "The Control Of Nature" where he talks extensively about the issue. Below is a link to the book on amazon but only for those people who really want to KNOW what the true causes are. If you just want to blame a non existent political cause then you won't want the book.

It blows your religious dogma out of the water.

5145tftoIUL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005E8AJT0/?tag=ff0d01-20

Last edited:
The only blown is your mind, ww. The McPhee book is part of the answer. That you believe climate change does not exist or does exist but has nothing to do with Louisiana's disappearing coast line blows the minds of those who do know better. You are ideological before scientific, and your post above is great evidence of it.

The only blown is your mind, ww. The McPhee book is part of the answer. That you believe climate change does not exist or does exist but has nothing to do with Louisiana's disappearing coast line blows the minds of those who do know better. You are ideological before scientific, and your post above is great evidence of it.

No, dumbass. It is THE cause. There is no doubt. A few millimeter rise in the sea level could not have the effect on the coastline that your religious fanatics claim it has. It is a physical impossibility. I KNOW that climate change exists silly fakey Mcfakerson. Of that there is likewise no doubt. The climate ALWAYS changes. Anyone who claims it is static is living in la la land.

The question is whether mankind has any effect on the climate and to date there is not one measurable man caused effect. I am not saying it doesn't happen. What I am saying is the effect is so small that it is beyond the ability of our current instrumentation to measure.

That is scientific thinking, not political thinking, which is all you have.

Getty
In Brief

The Governor of Louisiana declared a state of emergency on April 18 based on the continuous, rapid erosion of the state's coastline. The Louisiana coast is the eye of a perfect storm for land loss caused by multiple factors, including climate change.
Losing Ground

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards declared a state of emergency on April 18 based on the continuous, rapid erosion of the state’s coastline. The goal of the declaration is to hasten the federal permitting process in order to get coastal restoration projects started and bring nationwide attention to the issue.

“Decades of saltwater intrusion, subsidence and rising sea levels have made the Louisiana coast the nation’s most rapidly deteriorating shoreline,” WWNO’s Travis Lux told the NPR Newscast unit. “It loses the equivalent of one football field of land every hour.”

Governor of Louisiana Declares State of Emergency as State's Coastline Disappears

I'm waiting, a Republican in Congress will show up with a jar of sand and say "see, plenty of sand on the beaches. It's a hoax".

No, dumbass. It is THE cause. There is no doubt. A few millimeter rise in the sea level could not have the effect on the coastline that your religious fanatics claim it has. It is a physical impossibility. I KNOW that climate change exists silly fakey Mcfakerson. Of that there is likewise no doubt. The climate ALWAYS changes. Anyone who claims it is static is living in la la land.

The question is whether mankind has any effect on the climate and to date there is not one measurable man caused effect. I am not saying it doesn't happen. What I am saying is the effect is so small that it is beyond the ability of our current instrumentation to measure.

Sea level rise shown to drive coastal erosion
Authors
  • Keqi Zhang,
  • Bruce C. Douglas

Abstract
Our research has shown that an important relationship exists between sea level rise and sandy beach erosion. The link is highly multiplicative, with the long-term shoreline retreat rate averaging about 150 times that of sea level rise. For example, a sustained rise of 10 cm in sea level could result in 15 m of shoreline erosion. Such an amount is more than an order of magnitude greater than would be expected from a simple response to sea level rise through inundation of the shoreline.

Sea level is certainly only one of many factors causing long-term beach change. Shoreline revisions from inlet dynamics and coastal engineering projects are more pronounced in most areas of the US. east coast and tend to mask the effect of a rise in sea level even over extended intervals. The implication is that sea level rise is a secondary but inexorable cause of beach erosion in such areas.

I do believe I will go with real scientists.

You are turnspeaking, WW, and you well know it. If you think the chemical and refining and energy industries, along with the impact of global warming, have not affected the coast line, etc., although science has prove that it has, then you are on your own.

Authors

• Keqi Zhang,
  • Bruce C. Douglas

Abstract
Our research has shown that an important relationship exists between sea level rise and sandy beach erosion. The link is highly multiplicative, with the long-term shoreline retreat rate averaging about 150 times that of sea level rise. For example, a sustained rise of 10 cm in sea level could result in 15 m of shoreline erosion. Such an amount is more than an order of magnitude greater than would be expected from a simple response to sea level rise through inundation of the shoreline.

Sea level is certainly only one of many factors causing long-term beach change. Shoreline revisions from inlet dynamics and coastal engineering projects are more pronounced in most areas of the US. east coast and tend to mask the effect of a rise in sea level even over extended intervals. The implication is that sea level rise is a secondary but inexorable cause of beach erosion in such areas.

I do believe I will go with real scientists.

Real scientists doing shit work.

The critical sentence is this one. I bolded the most important word. You morons read "could" and interpret it as "will". That is what charlatans the world over have been doing to gullible people for centuries. Congrats, you're one of those gullible people.

"For example, a sustained rise of 10 cm in sea level could result in 15 m of shoreline erosion. Such an amount is more than an order of magnitude greater than would be expected from a simple response to sea level rise through inundation of the shoreline.

You are turnspeaking, WW, and you well know it. If you think the chemical and refining and energy industries, along with the impact of global warming, have not affected the coast line, etc., although science has prove that it has, then you are on your own.

And you're blabbering. Show me a MEASURABLE impact.

You are own your own. If you can't follow Old Rocks above, I can't help you.

You are own your own. If you can't follow Old Rocks above, I can't help you.

Amazingly enough, I am not a lemming, unlike you and olfraud. Feel free to jump off the cliff.

Abstract

Before renourishing an eroded beach it is necessary to know why it has been eroded and where the sediment has gone: landward, seaward or alongshore. This chapter deals with the causes of beach erosion, including alterations in processes and sediment supply, along with anthropogenic influences.

Beach erosion can be caused by natural or anthropogenic alterations to the sediment budget (including both the sources and sinks of beach sediment) or the processes that work on them. The main causes of beach erosion are as follows:
1. Reduction in sediment supply from eroding cliffs
2. Reduction of fluvial sediment supply to the coast
3. Reduction of sediment supply from the sea floor
4. Reduction of sand supply from inland dunes
5. Submergence and increased wave attack
6. Increased wave energy because of increased storminess
7. Losses of beach sediment alongshore
8. A change in the angle of incidence of waves
9. Interception of longshore drift by breakwaters
10. Increased losses of beach sediment to the backshore
11. Beach weathering, including attrition of beach sediment
12. A rise in the beach water table
13. Removal of beach sediment by runoff
14. Increased scour by wave reflection from an artificial structure
15. Extraction of sand and shingle from the beach

Erosion on a particular beach is generally due to more than one of these causes, although one cause is often dominant

© The Author(s) 2015 E. Bird and N. Lewis,
Beach Renourishment, SpringerBriefs in Earth Sciences,
DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-09728-2_2

file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/9783319097275-c2.pdf

Many causes of beach erosion, and among them is sea level rise.

AN OVERVIEW OF COASTAL LAND LOSS: WITH EMPHASIS ON THE SOUTHEASTERN UNITED STATES

Robert A. Morton

U.S. Geological Survey Center for Coastal and Watershed Studies St. Petersburg, FL 33701

SUMMARY

In states bordering the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, vast areas of coastal land have been destroyed since the mid 1800s as a result of natural processes and human activities. The physical factors that have the greatest infl uence on coastal land loss are reductions in sediment supply, relative sea level rise, and frequent storms, whereas the most important human activities are sediment excavation, river modifi cation, and coastal construction. As a result of these agents and activities, coastal land loss is manifested most commonly as beach/bluff erosion and coastal submergence. Wetlands are a unique class of coastal lands so they are considered independent of upland coastal areas. Wetlands are subjected to the same physical process and activities as other coastal lands, but they are also susceptible to deterioration as a result of biogeochemical processes. Failed reclamation projects and induced subsidence also contribute locally to wetland losses in the southeastern US.

https://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2003/of03-337/landloss.pdf

Go ahead, tell me that the USGS is full of shit. LOL The real work of real scientists.

There is no such thing as climate change that's any different from the changing climate over the millenia. This is coastal erosion no different from any other natural coastal erosion.
No, earlier governors of LA asked for deeper and straighter access to the Gulf and got it. That is eroding the coast faster than natural erosion ever could. They also engineered a below sea level largest city in the state. These Guys always double down on dumb.

"They" did huh.

New Orleans has been there for three hundred years.

That may be, but it doesn't take a genius to realize it's a bad idea to build in a flood zone.

Even Miami is at least AT sea level. Towns where my family is from are older than 300 years. ;)

Completely irrelevant. Your previous post blamed, and I quote, "earlier governors of LA" for New Orleans, which was there looooooong before there were any "governors of LA".. That has jack friggety shit to do with anybody's family.

And I didn't say "genius" --- I said "genus".

Getty
In Brief

Losing Ground

Don't worry s0n....it'll be fine. There are about 4 billion things people need to worry about before we worry about a swamp losing a bit of land.

Nobody cares about this..........and even if they did, WE CANT DO DICK ABOUT IT!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Lets not forget that the OP stated a few years ago that Miami would be 10 feet under water by now....:ack-1:.....and a handful of the alarmist knuckleheads agree'd with him.( some USMB regulars in this forum )

C'mon..........who is going to take this shit seriously? Think about it.........these people are fucking weird. They go to a zoo to see the salamander exhibit.........and told us in 2006 that by now there would be no more snow!!:deal:

Forum List

Back