Governor of Louisiana Declares State of Emergency as State’s Coastline Disappears

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Governor of Louisiana Declares State of Emergency as State’s Coastline Disappears
Getty
In Brief

The Governor of Louisiana declared a state of emergency on April 18 based on the continuous, rapid erosion of the state's coastline. The Louisiana coast is the eye of a perfect storm for land loss caused by multiple factors, including climate change.
Losing Ground

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards declared a state of emergency on April 18 based on the continuous, rapid erosion of the state’s coastline. The goal of the declaration is to hasten the federal permitting process in order to get coastal restoration projects started and bring nationwide attention to the issue.

“Decades of saltwater intrusion, subsidence and rising sea levels have made the Louisiana coast the nation’s most rapidly deteriorating shoreline,” WWNO’s Travis Lux told the NPR Newscast unit. “It loses the equivalent of one football field of land every hour.”

Governor of Louisiana Declares State of Emergency as State's Coastline Disappears

I feel kind of bad for Louisiana as the state is quite frankly fucked.

There is no such thing as climate change that's any different from the changing climate over the millenia. This is coastal erosion no different from any other natural coastal erosion.
No, earlier governors of LA asked for deeper and straighter access to the Gulf and got it. That is eroding the coast faster than natural erosion ever could. They also engineered a below sea level largest city in the state. These Guys always double down on dumb.

The sky is falling!
No, I'm pretty sure he is saying the coastline ground is falling.

That's fairly synonymous with erosion, no? Metinks it may be.
Ah, the cause evades your thought processes. OK.

So do tell, oh Fakey Jakey, what in no uncertain terms is the cause?
Erosion? Because of rising water? Could it be because of climate change? I think we can believe Gov Edwards, not you, Marion Muddled.

The sky is falling!

Erosion? Because of rising water? Could it be because of climate change?

Could it be because of rising tides and pisspoor civic planning, moron?

Could it be because of rising tides, moron?
Sure thing, sluggo.

Sure thing, sluggo.

Prove my theory wrong then, asshat.

Sure thing, sluggo.

Prove my theory wrong then, asshat.
Why? It's your mixed up theory, not mine: you prove it.

Getty
In Brief

The Governor of Louisiana declared a state of emergency on April 18 based on the continuous, rapid erosion of the state's coastline. The Louisiana coast is the eye of a perfect storm for land loss caused by multiple factors, including climate change.
Losing Ground

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards declared a state of emergency on April 18 based on the continuous, rapid erosion of the state’s coastline. The goal of the declaration is to hasten the federal permitting process in order to get coastal restoration projects started and bring nationwide attention to the issue.

“Decades of saltwater intrusion, subsidence and rising sea levels have made the Louisiana coast the nation’s most rapidly deteriorating shoreline,” WWNO’s Travis Lux told the NPR Newscast unit. “It loses the equivalent of one football field of land every hour.”

Governor of Louisiana Declares State of Emergency as State's Coastline Disappears

Not just Louisiana and not just the US.

I don't mind that a small percentage of people are just too damn dumb to understand this but they do what big money tells them to do - like vote against their own, their family's and the planets best interest.

The fact that speech is being controlled to the extent that the words are no longer allowed to be spoken should be a very loud wake up for us all.

But not for the RWNJs.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I may lose sleep over this if I can schedule a time to worry about it. Really hate to give up any sleep over it so I will judge it by importance. You know what? I could give adamn less now where is the remote?

Getty
In Brief

Losing Ground

Do you live on the gulf coast?

Forum List

Back